Sunbelt Billy stinks it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You can question the defense, the offensive play calling, the special teams or even the clock management. When you're questioning all of the above, it's a bad sign. That's where we're at.

I like Napier. I like the culture he's building. I obviously like the recruiting. He's a southern gentleman and that resonates in parents' living rooms. I don't like his feel for the game or his decisionmaking in tight moments. Maybe he can macro-organize his way to greatness. He certainly has a solid head start.

Me? I feel more comfortable with a field general, a guy who can think and strategize and flourish while surrounded by the enemy. I remain on board with Napier for the time being, but my confidence level is on life support.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
You can question the defense, the offensive play calling, the special teams or even the clock management. When you're questioning all of the above, it's a bad sign. That's where we're at.

I like Napier. I like the culture he's building. I obviously like the recruiting. He's a southern gentleman and that resonates in parents' living rooms. I don't like his feel for the game or his decisionmaking in tight moments. Maybe he can macro-organize his way to greatness. He certainly has a solid head start.

Me? I feel more comfortable with a field general, a guy who can think and strategize and flourish while surrounded by the enemy. I remain on board with Napier for the time being, but my confidence level is on life support.
Diddo.

Off season adjustments need to be made to address STs, QB coaching, Game prep (Analysts) and Game Day adjustments.

Other than that ...
Its All Good Fbi GIF by CBS

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gundy loses AGAIN
Kiffin loses
Jimbo is awful
South Car BEAT Toothless

So where are all these proven P5 coaches?

Am I the only Napier fan left?

The good news is you aren't. The bad news is the entire population of Athens, GA supports an immediate contract extension.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

If I've learned anything, it's that you can have this opinion at post #221 but if you have it at #17 then you get raped with emogis.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I'm reliably informed by the few remaining pumpers that recruiting is the only thing that matters in winning in college football, and for some reason I can't fathom (I guess the UAA's checks cleared), you think he's going to land the best recruiting class in UF history this year so its all good, nothing to see here. So would one of you please explain Texas A&M to me? Jimbo Fisher has recruited well, why are they 4-7 and not in the CFP? I will be told it is because he sucks as a coach, and I thank you for proving my point.

Of course you have to have talent, but all the talent in the world won't do you a bit of good if your coach is a moron. By any objective measure we are a far worse team today than we were in game 1. That's solely on the guy you're paying millions of dollars to a year.

I’ve been making this point for about the past 10 years. The smart ones listened and understood. Most, though, didn’t.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
You heard it here first folks . From Riverrats mouth to gods ears, Billy is the next Nick Saban. We should all celebrate . What a crock of horse$hit

This means that next year we run the table, go to the SECCG and lose to the eventual national champs, then, in year 3, we run the table again, rematch from the previous year’s SECCG and win BIGLY, against the reigning Heisman winner no less, and win the natty. YES, sign me up!!!
:giggity:

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016

Isn't part of the culture how you dress and present yourself? He looks like a gang member who borrowed Fetterman's used wardrobe.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I see folks still talking about how they like “the culture Billy is building “. The only culture I see from Billy is one of losing . An accountable loser is still a loser . There are a number of things that could be done to improve the team. Can Bateman and move Mike to linebackers . Let Sean S coach the whole DL and bring Brian Johnson back to call plays and coach the QB. It is no coincidence that our QB play he been poor since he left. While seeing Hurts improve significantly to one of the best in the game .
It won’t happen but it is clear as day Billy can’t stay the play caller. Special teams is such a disaster it’s an embarrassment and a big part in the pitiful loss yesterday.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't part of the culture how you dress and present yourself? He looks like a gang member who borrowed Fetterman's used wardrobe.

I've decided to hold off on comment until after he matches the black hoodie with droopy basketball shorts.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
The good news is you aren't. The bad news is the entire population of Athens, GA supports an immediate contract extension.

And I care about UGA, why?...Their day is coming...ye of little faith.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Saban’s first year at Bama he went 6-6 and lost to Vandy.
Luckly for him and Bama the negative-nellys opinion didn’t matter a damn.
Here's the thing though....Saban had already won a NC at LSU and took a doormat of the B10 and made them a contender in that conference(maybe you remember the 1999/2000 Citrus Bowl?). He had spent a couple of years in the NFL and had a rolodex stuffed full of asst. coaches at his disposal who had recruited in the southeast for the last decade. In other words he had a proven track record. Billy won a few games for what is really like a 6A HS program. Just a slight bit of difference.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Here's the thing though....Saban had already won a NC at LSU and took a doormat of the B10 and made them a contender in that conference(maybe you remember the 1999/2000 Citrus Bowl?). He had spent a couple of years in the NFL and had a rolodex stuffed full of asst. coaches at his disposal who had recruited in the southeast for the last decade. In other words he had a proven track record. Billy won a few games for what is really like a 6A HS program. Just a slight bit of difference.
Crete it's no use.
Napier sux, we're doomed But "THEY" know better.
Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Crete it's no use.
Napier sux, we're doomed But "THEY" know better.
Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF
I'm not saying Billy can't find his way here. I hope he does, but his road to success or failure really isn't comparable to Saban at all. We'll know the likelihood of that success/failure by his offseason moves(hiring an OC for one) This team WON'T magically become a playoff contender next year or even the year after that if he doesn't.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What made yesterday even more disappointing was the progress we seemed to have made the prior 2 weeks just vanished. There is never an excuse for us to lose to Vandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator