Status
Not open for further replies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So tired of being told to be patient after 15 years of awful football we’ve had to endure. I’m tired of being patient! I want to finally be good again, really shouldn’t be too much to ask at UF.
This is exactly how I feel. We see other teams winning with 1st year coaches. Is it unreasonable to ask for us to not be a complete train wreck that's struggled to get bowl eligible?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope it works out I really do. Kinda reminds me of our situation with Mike white a bit. Won a ton of games in the sunbelt, good recruiter, great personality . Just the kinda guy you want leading your program. But so far, the in game coaching is very suspect.

Last edited:

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I'm reliably informed by the few remaining pumpers that recruiting is the only thing that matters in winning in college football, and for some reason I can't fathom (I guess the UAA's checks cleared), you think he's going to land the best recruiting class in UF history this year so its all good, nothing to see here. So would one of you please explain Texas A&M to me? Jimbo Fisher has recruited well, why are they 4-7 and not in the CFP? I will be told it is because he sucks as a coach, and I thank you for proving my point.

Of course you have to have talent, but all the talent in the world won't do you a bit of good if your coach is a moron. By any objective measure we are a far worse team today than we were in game 1. That's solely on the guy you're paying millions of dollars to a year.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Actually it makes my point even better, Saban with all his pedigree still had to build Bama into a winner.
The same gos for Napier, give him a chance to build his team.
I win.
Are you new to UF sports? Do you actually believe Naps is going to have the kind of support Saban had to rebuild Bama? Or Kirby has at fUGly? Not gonna happen. So he is going to have to be better at both building and coaching...and there is nothing from his prior stop or this year that would indicate he can do either

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
What are you looking forward to?

A defense with no Miller? Kitna, Miller or a freshman at QB?

Next year is highly likely to be pain. But hey, maybe we’ll actually hire a special teams coach eventually?
Fuk special teams. We have the worst OC and game manager in the conference and there’s not even a close second. If he doesn’t hire an OC and turn over most of the in game decisions he’ll be lucky to make it half way through his 3rd season.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The people of A&M are trying to force their HC into hiring an OC after 5 years of evidence and over 50 million wasted. You really think the UF brass and Napier himself will have the self awareness that this needs to take place after one .500 season? Zero chance. This is what it looks like for 2.5 years.
I hate to say it, but sadly this is correct .

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You heard it here first folks . From Riverrats mouth to gods ears, Billy is the next Nick Saban. We should all celebrate . What a crock of horse$hit

BeachGator

Mar 10, 2018
We've already lost? Well, that saves me from having to watch the game, at least.

I'll stick to my guns: If AR runs, we win. If he doesn't, we lose. Simple as that.
Which begs the question “why didn’t he run?” Was he being a candyass? Is he hurt? Was it play calling? SOS is just down the hall - USE HIM! How fuching dumb can we be? Don’t give me this bullschit that this is Napier’s team. SOS has been there, done that. Use his knowledge. Napier needs help. Give it to him.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Napier can pull off the in-control Frontman part of the job but we critically need to prevent him from fcking the games away with abject stupidity. Need to grab a proven, high-quality OC and likely a DC as well. If we can get some real thinking coaches on the sidelines this team has a shot next year. Whoever is impersonating our special teams coach needs walking papers now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Which begs the question “why didn’t he run?” Was he being a candyass? Is he hurt? Was it play calling?
The eternal question. Just when you think he's turned the corner, he goes backwards.

At the very least, we should have run the ball a lot more, especially after two receivers went out hurt early.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Welp, that was a not so fun trip to Nashville.

When we walked in the stadium we were watching UF warm up. The first thing my buddy and I said to each other was, "is this all the players they brought"? I don't know if they have a travel amount or what. But it was significant. I did not have a good feeling the rest of the day, everything felt off. And the early snap over Richardson's head sealed it.

First let me say, the loss HAS TO BE OWNED BY THIS ENTIRE TEAM, STAFF ON DOWN.

I may have it in me to post some things when Cover gets his analysis up. Hell he may even just phone it in after that performance. One thing I will say is most were talking about our run game. Vandy did one thing to hang their hat on and it was to stop the run. They consistently put 8 in the box and we did not adjust at all. The one long run by Johnson of course, penalty.

I left there kind of like scratching my head with a sarcastic, yet psychotic laugh.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I hope it works out I really do. Kinda reminds me of our situation with Mike white a bit. Won a ton of games in the sunbelt, good recruiter, great personality . Just the kinda guy you want leading your program. But so far, the in game coaching is very suspect.
Yeah, I’m still hopeful but yesterday sucked out loud. I predicted 7-5 but I didn’t think we’d sh*t the bed against Candy.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
I am still 100% on board. It’s going to be our best recruiting class since 2010. Looking very forward to next year.

Not that there was any excuse for today. The coaches deserve all the crap they are going to get this week. To say they need to end with a win against FSU is an understatement.
Hell, Charley Pell had more support than this after '79 season...

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Not only that, but it bears mentioning: we were missing 2 WRs in Fraziers and Henderson who were either starters or had lots of experience...then lost Pearsall in the first quarter.

Why on earth is the game plan to air it out??
Exactly. Which is the reason I brought up the whole idea of BN feeling like he needs to showcase AR as a passer for the scouts at the expense the rest of the team. Maybe BN knows that AR wants to leave after this year and he is trying to help elevate his stock, if so, it ain't working.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Season 2 Episode 1 Spain GIF by National Geographic Channel
Gee, that looks just like our tackling yesterday...

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The eternal question. Just when you think he's turned the corner, he goes backwards.

At the very least, we should have run the ball a lot more, especially after two receivers went out hurt early.
This team is an enigma.

Stress Wtf GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members