Status
Not open for further replies.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was one of the loudest here talking about our talent level being better than perceived. After a few games, you could see that it’s too much average guys who’d never be starting in any of our better teams. The defense, specifically, is loaded with that. But so is the O at certain spots.
I believe it can be easy to overestimate talent sometime, maybe particularly when there’s a new HC, high expectations, and mediocre to poor outcomes. The coach is often the first target and perhaps rightfully so. Personally, I felt like our roster was very average, due mostly to recent neglect toward recruiting. AR’s athletic ability and high hopes probably elevated expectations even more. The offense was good one dimensionally, but the defense was sub par, especially in tackling and pass coverage. Concerning the latter, for most of the season our DBs couldn’t cover a hooker with a bed sheet. Coaching on that side has to take some responsibility, though I believe they were also bereft of talent.
Then again, I'm jaded. I'm on my 4th marriage in the last 13 years. Every time I think I've found the one, but in the end, it has cost me…
Holy crap! So it’s you that has been helping Foley and Stricklin select our last several coaches!

:lol:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do I? Urban was HC, called plays and ran the ST.

Pros use a passing coordinator. LSU did it with Joe Brady and won a NC.

READ for yourself.

A passing game coordinator knows the strengths and weaknesses of his receivers and gets with the offensive coodinator to game plan around what works best against a particular opponent. So in addition to being a position coach the passing game coordinator has a big hand in game planning the best passing attack.

Urban Meyer has never called plays and has never been an OC. He went from the WR coach at Notre Dame to the head coach at Bowling Green.
Although he has routinely taken credit for prolific offenses he was never actually been responsible for the offense.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Urban Meyer has never called plays and has never been an OC. He went from the WR coach at Notre Dame to the head coach at Bowling Green.
Although he has routinely taken credit for prolific offenses he was never actually been responsible for the offense.

Okay, okay...Urban doesn't call plays. You're late to the party.

As for Napier, he calls a nice run game...Passing, not so much.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
To clarify because I know some of you folks are getting mighty old....

December 2010 - I mistakenly married Anita Muschamp. Cost me four years and $20 Million. She had anger issues. And her midline was atrocious.

December 2014 - Jumped into bed with Ms. McElwain. Cost me another $15 Million after I caught her humping a shark and making death threats.

Then in early 2018, I stupidly got back together with my ex, Ms. Mullet, who I know is terrible for me. A real lazy piece of trash. But married her anyhow because she was a champion thumb-wrestler and we had some fond memories together from back when we were college sweethearts. Only cost me $25 million more and four wasted years of my life. She left the house in shambles and laughed as she deposited her checks. Fuch her. It's like she never really loved me at all and just married me for my money.

Fortunately, I have very deep pockets and found another sweetheart already. She swears she'll work night and day to please me and will never ever fuch a marine animal behind my back. We've been together for almost a year now. I'm already looking around at what other people have and who else might be available. I guess I'm just fickle.

Finger's crossed that the 4th time's the charm. Not sure I can afford another ugly divorce.

Last edited:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
To clarify because I know some of you folks are getting mighty old....

December 2010 - I mistakenly married Anita Muschamp. Cost me four years and $20 Million. She had anger issues. And her midline was atrocious.

December 2014 - Jumped into bed with Ms. McElwain. Cost me another $15 Million after I caught her humping a shark and making death threats.

Then in early 2018, I stupidly got back together with my ex, Ms. Mullet, who I know is terrible for me. A real lazy piece of trash. But married her anyhow because she was a champion thumb-wrestler and we had some fond memories together from back when we were college sweethearts. Only cost me $25 million more and four wasted years of my life. She left the house in shambles and laughed as she deposited her checks. Fuch her. It's like she never really loved me at all and just married me for my money.

Fortunately, I have very deep pockets and found another sweetheart already. She swears she'll work night and day to please me and will never ever fuch a marine animal behind my back. We've been together for almost a year now. I'm already looking around at what other people have and who else might be available. I guess I'm just fickle.

Finger's crossed that the 4th time's the charm. Not sure I can afford another ugly divorce.
Luke? How’s Madison treatin ya so far?

You left out the part about Ms Mullet where she goes on national tv and makes snarky remarks every time your name and relationship is brought up.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Outstanding first half for sunbelt Billy bob . 2 yards in the 2nd quarter . Not sure Willy Mus even accomplished that feat.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Outstanding first half for sunbelt Billy bob . 2 yards in the 2nd quarter . Not sure Willy Mus even accomplished that feat.
bugs bunny eye roll GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Billy couldn’t motivate a damn stripper to get on a pole in a room full of billionaires with Def Leppard blaring . When this idiot walks into a room , people just want to get the hell away from him . It explains why Mcelwain is his mentor.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After this year, we are going to need a RUIZ like booster to get recruits.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
It's all going wrong.
Yeah
I had to change the channel.

I defended the play in this game early on.
I really thought we would adjust, get rolling, make a few plays.
Damn, I was completely wrong.

I still don’t think Oregon State is very good.

Hell, I don’t think Vanderbilt is very good either.

There’s no defense for this.

I keep going back to what great coaches do, how their teams are prepared, how their kids play.
How everything is sound in all three phases of the game.

I don’t care if you’re in the beginning of a rebuild or not.
A great coach wouldn’t lay an egg like this one, much less lay an egg like this one two other times this season.

Very depressing.

Also, that pre game speech?
Good lord.

Wow, we are in deep, deep trouble folks.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to break it to you guys but we hired our Willie Taggart
Sadly it might even be worse than that . He does nothing well when it comes to the game of football. Nothing at all is performed at
a high level . Even worse there is no desire to correct glaring problems.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All the folks that badmouthed Anthony are getting a look at what they wanted this whole time . It’s clear as day what the primary problem is and it damn sure wasn’t 15

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah
I had to change the channel.

I defended the play in this game early on.
I really thought we would adjust, get rolling, make a few plays.
Damn, I was completely wrong.

I still don’t think Oregon State is very good.

Hell, I don’t think Vanderbilt is very good either.

There’s no defense for this.

I keep going back to what great coaches do, how their teams are prepared, how their kids play.
How everything is sound in all three phases of the game.

I don’t care if you’re in the beginning of a rebuild or not.
A great coach wouldn’t lay an egg like this one, much less lay an egg like this one two other times this season.

Very depressing.

Also, that pre game speech?
Good lord.

Wow, we are in deep, deep trouble folks.

Lol. I watched the first half. Highlight was Wingo getting that bad kick and my daughter telling me that her roommate hooked up with him.

I didn’t watch the second half.

Billy ball sucks y’all. It’s not even watchable. At least Chump fielded half a team, the defense.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Things we desperately need in 2023:

1.) Players. Lots and lots of quality players. Don't care where you get them.
2.) New QB. Jack Miller ain't the guy to take us anywhere. Backup material at best.
3.) Some 2 min. offense.
3.) Red Zone offense.
4.) A replacement for Cy'Bo
5.) Better time management.
6.) Better Special teams.
7.) metric sh!ton of new receivers and TE's
8.) An OC
9.) better 3rd down defense.
10.) LB's
11.) Interior linemen, DE larger than 245 lbs.
12.) New DC to replace Toney?

I believe Napier's process can work, but that it takes years to implement. And the number one factor is having superior talent. His style of playing the game only work where you have superior players. So in about 4-5 seasons we'll see if it works. Reminds me of Harbaugh.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Things we desperately need in 2023:

1.) Players. Lots and lots of quality players. Don't care where you get them.
2.) New QB. Jack Miller ain't the guy to take us anywhere. Backup material at best.
3.) Some 2 min. offense.
3.) Red Zone offense.
4.) A replacement for Cy'Bo
5.) Better time management.
6.) Better Special teams.
7.) metric sh!ton of new receivers and TE's
8.) An OC
9.) better 3rd down defense.
10.) LB's
11.) Interior linemen, DE larger than 245 lbs.
12.) New DC to replace Toney?

I believe Napier's process can work, but that it takes years to implement. And the number one factor is having superior talent. His style of playing the game only work where you have superior players. So in about 4-5 seasons we'll see if it works. Reminds me of Harbaugh.
After watching him call games all year you still think he can pull this out? The guy sucks as an OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.