Sunbelt Billy stinks it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
When you can clearly see a loss to Vanderbilt after the first quarter...shm...I stopped watching. I'm tired of sloppy football and putting myself through this shyt.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
I have been on the Napier train and like the recruiting momentum but I'm about to jump off.

It's pretty obvious the Gators arent going to win many coaching battles. He needs to not only bring in top talent but also upgrade the coaching staff. At a minimum the special teams coach needs to be fired. I don't recall so many mistakes on special teams this late in a season.

AR is truly an enigma. Way too many ups and downs. I personally think he is off to the No Fun League based solely on his lack of willingness to run the ball.

So we're probably stuck with Napier for at least 2 more years and just hope his ego doesn't prevent him from doing what is obvious to the layman.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Not sure I've ever seen a QB at any level make the wrong read on a zone read as often as AR.

Hopefully sling blade advises him to go pro after the season.
Either Sling or his family advisors should tell him to go Pro or portal because QB development isn't an option at UF, currently.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ron Zook had quadruple the talent Napier has.

I have never said, EVER, that Billy Napier will win championships at Florida. You can go back and look at every post I've ever made about the matter. I said he's the guy to rebuild the program, and that hasn't changed in my mind, at all. If after 3 years he isn't getting results in the win column, then he'll be fired like all the others.

However, let's not gloss over what Butters and Mullen did to this program, and what he inherited. The entire thing needed to be torn down and rebuilt. We were effed before Napier ever stepped off the plane.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have been on the Napier train and like the recruiting momentum but I'm about to jump off.

It's pretty obvious the Gators arent going to win many coaching battles. He needs to not only bring in top talent but also upgrade the coaching staff. At a minimum the special teams coach needs to be fired. I don't recall so many mistakes on special teams this late in a season.

AR is truly an enigma. Way too many ups and downs. I personally think he is off to the No Fun League based solely on his lack of willingness to run the ball.

So we're probably stuck with Napier for at least 2 more years and just hope his ego doesn't prevent him from doing what is obvious to the layman.
Billy gift wrapped you one hell of a birthday present. Don’t feel bad my 30th birthday was the same weekend as the G Southern debacle

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
My 20th birthday we got bent over and spanked by Nebraska for the national title.
But we were in the last game of the year for all the marbles. The past dozen years we have bred a group of fans who pine for an appearance in the Sun Bowl so we can get an extra 10 practices.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
A truly well balanced and confident offensive team RARELY goes for it on 4th down....This is some loser Mike Leach philosophy but without the wide open passing game....normally offenses try to avoid 4th downs all together, we seem to be attracted to them like a magnet

2-point conversion attempts, too.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
This is a bad loss because there is no reason we should have lost this game other than just poor preparation and an incompetent offensive game plan. We came out slinging the ball around like we had an All SEC receiving corp when the opposite is true. We ran the ball all over USCe which is clearly has a better defense than Vandy. Bottomline we played the type of game they needed us to play in order to win. Part of me believes Billy feels it necessary to put AR out there and show the NFL scouts that he is a pocket passer capable of making the right reads and throws. He's not and we all know that. But he continues to do it at the cost of winning. There is no other reason for it IMO! I expect next year to be just as bad or maybe worse...hope I am wrong.... don't think I am.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
2-point conversion attempts, too.

I don’t care what any analytics chart says, you don’t do that in Q3, when you’ve been trailing all game on the road and have a slight boost of confidence. You take your 1 point deficit and keep momentum. Analytics take the human component out of the equation which makes it imperfect and not an end-all. It’s like a trader sticking to their technicals and historical patterns when a major real world event happens. A thousand coaches have won a million games without the aid of what “Siri” says you should do here. Now, it didn’t lose us the game because as long as we traded TD for TD we were going to have to get one eventually. So mathematically it didn’t hurt us, in my view. But a defense that had just watched us drive down on the opening possession suddenly feels good about themselves again(and weren’t terribly far from having a 2 point swing their way with a near pick-6). Bottom line, it’s just one more indicator of a guy in way over his head.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This is a bad loss because there is no reason we should have lost this game other than just poor preparation and an incompetent offensive game plan. We came out slinging the ball around like we had an All SEC receiving corp when the opposite is true. We ran the ball all over USCe which is clearly has a better defense than Vandy. Bottomline we played the type of game they needed us to play in order to win. Part of me believes Billy feels it necessary to put AR out there and show the NFL scouts that he is a pocket passer capable of making the right reads and throws. He's not and we all know that. But he continues to do it at the cost of winning. There is no other reason for it IMO! I expect next year to be just as bad or maybe worse...hope I am wrong.... don't think I am.
I am quite sure that the NFL scouts are aware that AR sux. But all it takes is one and there will be someone who thinks they can mold a Picasso out of garbage. Andy Warhol made people piss themselves by stacking Campbell's Soup Cans up and calling it art, so it is truly in the eye of the beholder.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
If we are going to continue going for it on 4th down, can we at least stop throwing it 20 yards downfield and instead get the 3 yards needed for the 1st down? Much higher percentage throw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator