Sunbelt Billy stinks it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Now ask about special teams. :lol:
If staff let practice go to focus on recruiting, and it pays off, so be it. But we needed a good showing here, or at least land some players from their recruiting efforts. From what I read, it does not seem we took advantage of the extra practices. So maybe staff was focused more on recruiting.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
If staff let practice go to focus on recruiting, and it pays off, so be it. But we needed a good showing here, or land some players. From what I read, it does not seem we took advantage of the extra practices.
They should have opted out of the game and focused 100% on recruiting.

Those extra practices, in that short window, with signing day the following week , we're meaningless to the PROGRAM.

Regardless of the outcome of the game. imo.

Players reward? Players are rewarded with scholarships, tutors, meals, housing and ... two weeks to spend with family.

Bad strategy.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

Those extra practices, in that short window, with signing day the following week , we're meaningless to the PROGRAM.

Players reward? Players are rewarded with scholarships, tutors, meals, housing and ... two weeks to spend with family.

Bad strategy.

I agree but at the same time I feel it’s up to the players if they earn it. Some of them this is the best it’s gonna get regardless of outcome.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Bad strategy.
I don’t think the SEC would allow us to opt out without a good reason. The conference shares the bowl take.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think the SEC would allow us to opt out without a good reason. The conference shares the bowl take.
Get Vandy or Auburn to replace us. They still get paid.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I agree but at the same time I feel it’s up to the players if they earn it. Some of them this is the best it’s gonna get regardless of outcome.
Far worse things will happen to them in real life.

Just my opinion.

If it's REALLY about players making bank then opting out, I think a PROGRAM should be able to do the same.

Better potential ROI to keep recruiting.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Get Vandy or Auburn to replace us. They still get paid.
GIF by Giphy QA

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
@Silverback Gator

Bad strategy.
In retrospect, it would have been less embarrassing to opt out. But to have won that game and finish strong recruiting was the goal, we think. If they pull this class out, that’s something.

BassinGator

Nov 17, 2015
I'm not so sure that an entire team opting out of their bowl game would look good to recruits or portal players, what about the seniors that get screwed out of the last game of their career? If I was said player I'm wondering if the TEAM would do that to me during my senior year.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Im kinda torn on which moniker I like better. Sunbelt Billy or Billy Taggert ? It’s a tough one but I lean to the former .

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Im kinda torn on which moniker I like better. Sunbelt Billy or Billy Taggert ? It’s a tough one but I lean to the former .
You know whoever came up with Sling Blade upon his hiring was genius. But I have to admit that when I read "Billy Taggert" today in an article I laughed hard. I am going to say I am quite enamored with the accuracy of it.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You know whoever came up with Sling Blade upon his hiring was genius. But I have to admit that when I read "Billy Taggert" today in an article I laughed hard. I am going to say I am quite enamored with the accuracy of it.
I gotta good laugh out of it too.
Saying the name out loud draws a chuckle every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.