Swamp - $400M Makeover

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Saw this headline scrolling the ESPN main page.

"It has to be everything from how fans experience when they're outside the stadium, when they walk through the gate, concourse, concession, restrooms, inside the seating bowl, new premium options, better premium options. But you also want to keep what's special about it."

Went over to floridagators.com and it's been announced there as well.

I'm sure this will be slow walked just like the Heavener Football Facility but it's a step in the right direction.

1688395436558.png

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Proposed upgrades are sure to include wider concourses, less bench seating, more concession options, larger video boards, a new sound system and improved lighting throughout. Capacity is expected to be reduced by thousands.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The good news is that we'll all be long dead before this project is actually completed, and by then it will already be obsolete.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Animated GIF

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Arm’s Race

Ready…
Set…

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I have lots of questions, but the most important...Will the coach's office finally remove the drop ceiling?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I appreciate what Scottie is trying to accomplish but I can’t help but think that the end result will not be what we think/hope it will be.
I agree that the swamp needs to be modernized, much like the O’Dome did 7-8 years ago. But I am concerned that the end result will be to eliminate every unique aspect of the facility and turn it into another generic NFL stadium.

Look at the Exactech arena today and you’ll see what I mean. It is very fancy and modern and the viewing experience is clearly better for the attendees. However it no longer possesses any of the attributes that made it “The House of Horrors” that opponents hated to play in. The fans are 15-20 feet further away from the court than before which eliminates any real home court advantage. My fear is that the Swamp will become TIAA Bank Field or any other NFL facility.

The good news is what Ox mentioned which is the 20 years it will take for completion.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Things change. I like the way Condron is "modern" and that's recent, so maybe they won't screw it up. Or we can yell at clouds.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I’m all for renovating if it get rid of those 10 inch wide seats , you get stuck by a fat ass and your screwed.
maybe that’s why I’ve been in south Endzone chairbacks since 84

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator