Swinney says Urban Meyer will quit soon

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Took a visit to bucknuts to see their reaction to losing Jones and was surprised how many fans think he has checked out.
Of course he had his supporters but it was similar to his last few years here and he doesn't like to be second guessed. It may be time to break out that pink contract he has with his daughters, I'm sure everyone would understand.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of noise in Ohio. Surprising amount really. Many saying he doesn't get much out of all the offensive talent. Weird because Ohio State has never utiliized it's talent outside of RBs.

Getting blown out by Iowa was a really depth charge here. It is not the kind of thing they expect.

And Urban is starting to look fat and sad again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You think Urban didn't do it?

You want to go to Clown Town? Play for that old 70 year old man? Nice guy and all but he doesn't even know his player's names. How long could he possibly last? They are 7-5 every year and playing two or three 1AA teams just to puff up their record. If you want to win championships, come to Florida, Pouncey Bros (or whomever).

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Lots of noise in Ohio. Surprising amount really. Many saying he doesn't get much out of all the offensive talent. Weird because Ohio State has never utiliized it's talent outside of RBs.

Getting blown out by Iowa was a really depth charge here. It is not the kind of thing they expect.

And Urban is starting to look fat and sad again.
He's getting in shape for that commentator chair.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
OSU just signed the #2 class. So, this talk may be a little premature. I agree though that he may be on his last leg as a head coach - and why keep doing it? He's made millions of dollars and his family is set for another two generations.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OSU just signed the #2 class. So, this talk may be a little premature. I agree though that he may be on his last leg as a head coach - and why keep doing it? He's made millions of dollars and his family is set for another two generations.

because guys like him, Spurrier, and Saban are wired to compete even if is unhealthy.... just a different mind set.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Regarding the initial point that Swinney used a below the belt recruiting tactic on Urbie; AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ain't that a phukin' shame! After the way that doosh preached about only recruiting the highest character players (remember the top 1% of the top 1% BS?) and then pulling a Fred Sanford when he caught on to how tough the SEC really is, I would pull for Communist China against his lying a$$. Of course Dabo is a tool as well, making this a clear cut case of doosh on doosh dooshery. There is a poetic symmetry in all this that I find deeply satisfying. Two admittedly great coaches - without an actual scruple between them.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are on a roll. All we need is the traditional "he fled UF because of Saban" nonsense and the circle will be complete.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Nice job lizard. Now we can all sleep better.

I agree with you guys that OSU is in shambles. They won their conference AGAIN and have the #2 recruiting class. What a disaster.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I never said he wasn't a great coach, he's just a total doosh for the way he mailed in that last season and left behind what he himself described as a broken program. I also find all the "health issues" crap a bit hard to swallow in light of subsequent events. But I do agree that he was the second best coach in UF history, and before he broke my little heart I thought he could do no wrong. I'm still a bit butt sore about the manner in which he departed, but I'll try to be brave.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I never said he wasn't a great coach, he's just a total doosh for the way he mailed in that last season and left behind what he himself described as a broken program.
Foley asked him to stay one more season to hold the class together. He did. He gave Foley AN ENTIRE YEAR to find his replacement.

We got the Chimp.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nice job lizard. Now we can all sleep better.

I agree with you guys that OSU is in shambles. They won their conference AGAIN and have the #2 recruiting class. What a disaster.
Yeah, we’d kill for those shameful results right now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I suspect Meyer won't make the mistake of running himself into the ground as he did at Florida. He's older and wiser now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator