Tebow suddenly retires from baseball to pursue "other opportunities"

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At least there will be one honest person in NY
He's gotta a long way to go to actually get to NY, even AA in Binghamton.
I'm interested to see how he does - I guess you never know.

granitegator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
AA Birmingham plays in NH Fishercats division...i'll be there if he makes .

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Instructional runs through the fall and spring training. Your minors start with rookie league, then lower A (Sally League), then advanced A (Florida State League).

Mets:

Rookie - Kingsport, TN
Lower A - Columbia, SC
Advanced A - Port St. Lucie, FL
AA - Binghamton, NY
AAA - Las Vegas, NV

Thanks

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Brilliant move for the Mets. They sign Tebow and attendance at their games in Port St. Lucie goes way up. They sell Tebow jerseys and bobble heads and make money while giving him a really low paying contract.

If he works out... double win... if not... they still cashed.

Right off ESPN ticker...

"The Mets cannot sell Tebow merchandise until he makes 40-man roster & signs group licensing agreement. Long way away from that point."

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014

Whyyyy? Stay out of NY Tim!

Discuss.

Agreed. What is it with Tebow and New York? I guess maybe his Jets experience wasn't all that bad. ;) It only ruined his NFL career though.

On a side note what if he can swing the bat and play. It's bad enough the Jags, Fish and Bucs never wanted him for football now the Rays and Marlins show no interest? Florida sports teams have had chances to sign Tebow and they treat him like he has the plague. Damn shame. Ridiculous. Good luck to Tim in the Cactus league and the Mets organization. But he should be with the Rays or Marlins.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Instructional runs through the fall and spring training. Your minors start with rookie league, then lower A (Sally League), then advanced A (Florida State League).

Mets:

Rookie - Kingsport, TN
Lower A - Columbia, SC
Advanced A - Port St. Lucie, FL
AA - Binghamton, NY
AAA - Las Vegas, NV

I have season tickets to the advanced A Clearwater threshers... so I'll see him when he comes through... boom...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Right off ESPN ticker...

"The Mets cannot sell Tebow merchandise until he makes 40-man roster & signs group licensing agreement. Long way away from that point."

Ticket sales alone will outweigh the contract they give him more than likely

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Right off ESPN ticker...

Well... I guess it is just ticket sales then

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. What is it with Tebow and New York? I guess maybe his Jets experience wasn't all that bad. ;) It only ruined his NFL career though.

On a side note what if he can swing the bat and play. It's bad enough the Jags, Fish and Bucs never wanted him for football now the Rays and Marlins show no interest? Florida sports teams have had chances to sign Tebow and they treat him like he has the plague. Damn shame. Ridiculous. Good luck to Tim in the Cactus league and the Mets organization. But he should be with the Rays or Marlins.
Marlins don't need any kind of help in the outfield. All of their outfielders are all star caliber and in their early-mid 20's. By the time they start declining, Tebow will be almost 40. Now if he learned how to pitch and developed a good breaking ball, they could use a good situational lefty out of the bullpen.....

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Opening line in the story in today's Tampa Bay Times
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/mets-sign-tebow-to-minor-league-deal/2292824
NEW YORK — Having flopped with the Jets, Tim Tebow will try to revive his pro sports career as an outfielder with the Mets.

Kind of hard to succeed when put in the position Rex Ryan put Tim in.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it will die down pretty soon if he has a Jordan like year in single A ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.