Tebow's new motion

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
His new delivery was dismissed on PTI as "nothing" and even "gratuitous". I admit I think his biggest problem is reading defenses and was more encouraged by Kelly saying he was making progress. But surely the motion looks better and will help.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ancient Reptile;n251285 said:
I admit I think his biggest problem is reading defenses
And pulling the trigger.

Sometimes having an ultraconservative coach who is too concerned about INTs will do that to a guy.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Looks pretty good for a TV personality.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Heard this all before and these were the results

tumblr_m2ieztzUW51r2l739o1_400.gif

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
His motion is supposedly corrected after 2 years of retraining his mechanics. Only game experience will show if it a natural move or if he reverts to his instictive ways. Not wanting to see anybody get hurt, but I won't feel bad if the other QB go down and TB gets a shot

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looks the same to me. He's had so many corrections done to it, he's probably going through motion sickness.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n251430]Looks the same to me. He's had so many corrections done to it, he's probably going through motion sickness.[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm.... looks different to me and release is quicker. Its just so sad that he had no competent Qb coach in college

We will see how it goes.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n251445 said:
Hmmmm.... looks different to me and release is quicker. Its just so sad that he had no competent Qb coach in college

We will see how it goes.

Here's an analysis of the old motion:

[Video=Youtube;w9R7vd78q1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9R7vd78q1A[/video]

Throughout his career he has side armed the ball badly. Even in the combine shots where he was supposed to have improved it he was just leaning his torso over so that when he side armed it the ball would go over the top instead of out to the side.

In that new video posted previously, he actually has some bend in his elbow when he throws it. That looks significantly different to me.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
So his biggest (or one of his biggest) supporters is Skip Bayless. Say what you will about Skip but he's always been a Tebow fan - and even he said that Tom House's 'endorsement' of Tebow's latest progress was surprising in that it was "tepid" at best.
House:
"Is he an elite passer? Probably not, but he can probably pass enough, with enough efficiency, accuracy and velocity to make it a little bit harder on the defense.
He's probably right in the middle of the pack as far as NFL quarterback mechanical efficiency. He's in the top 60."

Maybe House is just trying to set the bar kind of low so no one will be too excited.
Wonder if they worked on his ability to read NFL defenses - because if he's not ready mentally then this was all for nothing.

Overall he does look improved. And he has Mark Sanchez and Sam Bradford in front of him.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Much like our offense, "middle of the pack" would be a big improvement. I think the guy is trying to say he's not going to be Tom Brady.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fixing his throwing motion is one thing. Fixing the problem between his ears, is a whole other challenge. I hope the very best for TT.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The motion does look different. Ball is higher and appearing to get the ball out quicker. If he becomes more natural with it he can concentrate on the reads. Maybe Chip Kelly will help him more than we know.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a longer article that tells the whole story and gives more credence that his throwing motion likely has changed, though there's not any mention of work on reading defenses, moving through progressions or things of that nature.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-eagles-tom-house-quarterback-coach/30575803/

10,000 reps accomplished
...and no surprise here...

Skeptics, of House and Tebow, might reserve judgment until Tebow gets on the field again. Mechanics aside, House suggests one thing about Tebow should be unquestioned.
“His motivation muscle is just like it was a starting quarterback in the NFL,” House said. “He never, ever backed off on his motivation.”

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The last few years he's displayed a quicker delivery. That's not the primary issue with Tebow. As noted in this thread, it's his ability to process the field.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;251525]The last few years he's displayed a quicker delivery. That's not the primary issue with Tebow. As noted in this thread, it's his ability to process the field.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Takes too long to make a decision. Won't throw unless the person is open by a mile.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n251530 said:
Yep. Takes too long to make a decision. Won't throw unless the person is open by a mile.

Exactly. Doesn't matter how quick the release as long as the brain isn't releasing as quick.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes and yes. However, I think part of the lack of confidence to pull the trigger is his experience at not being able to hit passes. Six tenths of a second is a long time to allow a pro DB to react. Cutting that time will allow him confidence to hit smaller windows.

We will see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator