Tennessee is in shambles; Embarrassing autocorrect on Twitter feed

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm almost positive he was banned at the old GSMB, I just can't remember who the mod was. Was it Slevin or Maryland?
I was a mod myself, dork. I don't recall us actually banning him, just relentlessly mocking him year-in, year-out, which he had coming because he was arrogant as hell about "this being the year" every August or so. He eventually left the board on his own sometime around 2012 or 2013 because the Vols lost every damn year and he knew it would continue.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Volsheimers.

Every year, Tennessee lost early then put together a winning streak at the end of the year feasting on Vandy and Kentucky and assorted other cupcakes. Every year their fan base would puff out their chests in November forgetting all about their earlier losses. It's like clockwork. Volsheimers.

This year, because of Covid, the easy part of their schedule was the front end and the harder part is the back end. So last year's Volsheimers bled into "the longest active winning streak in the SEC" at the beginning of this year. They really thought they were "back" :lol:

Then reality slapped them hard, over and over again, leaving a bunch of mushroom-shaped bruises on their stupid ignorant faces.

Suck it Vols.

iu

Alex.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was a mod myself, dork. I don't recall us actually banning him, just relentlessly mocking him year-in, year-out, which he had coming because he was arrogant as hell about "this being the year" every August or so. He eventually left the board on his own sometime around 2012 or 2013 because the Vols lost every damn year and he knew it would continue.

Wow. Forgot about that guy. I remember someone finding out that he was big into darts and hilarity ensued.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. Forgot about that guy. I remember someone finding out that he was big into darts and hilarity ensued.
Yeah, he came up on the internet as involved in dart tournaments. When we starting razzing him about it, he got really defensive and basically told all of us he made a fortune at those events, which only made it funnier. :lol:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, he came up on the internet as involved in dart tournaments. When we starting razzing him about it, he got really defensive and basically told all of us he made a fortune at those events, which only made it funnier. :lol:

I think I posted this gif a million times in replies to him whenever he said something stupid........which was every time he posted. :lol:

Zs3YyD0.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is GREAT! Nothing but shambles in Knoxville!

Fulmer & Pruitt accepted pay cuts...but:

Eight Tennessee football assistants reject pay cuts proposed by Vols athletic department

Tennessee football: 8 assistants reject pay cuts. Martin, Graham accept

Eight Tennessee football staff members rejected pay cuts that were proposed by the athletic department to help combat financial losses caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, according to documents obtained by Knox News via a public records request.

The eight staff members are the only athletic department employees who were asked to accept a pay cut and declined, records show.

Wide receivers coach Tee Martin and running backs coach Jay Graham are the only football assistants who have accepted pay cuts.

Declining pay cuts were:

• Offensive coordinator Jim Chaney
  • Defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley
  • Offensive line coach Will Friend
  • Quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke
  • Inside linebackers coach Brian Niedermeyer
  • Outside linebackers coach Shelton Felton
  • Tight ends coach Joe Osovet
  • Strength and conditioning coach A.J. Artis
Tennessee’s athletic department expects a $40 million loss in revenue during this fiscal year, largely because of a pandemic-induced reduction in football revenue.

The athletic department has avoided layoffs, but in October, it announced tiered pay cuts would go into effect from Nov. 1 through June 30 for employees earning more than $50,000 annually.

Salaries of at-will employees can be freely altered, but the salaries of Tennessee’s head coaches and football assistants are protected by their contracts. For Tennessee to decrease a contract employee’s pay, the employee must voluntarily accept a cut and sign a contract amendment agreeing to the reduction.

Other than football coach Jeremy Pruitt, every Tennessee head coach signed a contract amendment agreeing to a salary reduction from Nov. 1 through June 30, which is the end of the fiscal year.

Pruitt was not asked to take a pay cut because he did not accept a raise for the 2020 contract year as part of a contract extension he signed in September. The athletic department considered that to be Pruitt's contribution to the plan. Pruitt’s raise will kick in during the 2021 contract year.

The salary reduction plan was designed to save the athletic department about $1.6 million. Because eight football staff members rejected a pay cut, the savings will come to about $1.3 million, according to figures provided by the athletic department. About $280,000 of that savings will come from at-will employees; about $600,000 will come from contract employees; and $400,000 is from Pruitt forgoing a raise for the 2020 contract year.

“I am very grateful to all the athletic department employees and families that have taken a salary reduction and are showing support to our department during such a difficult time,” Tennessee athletics director Phillip Fulmer said in a statement to Knox News. “They have helped prevent the need to eliminate positions as we continue to battle this pandemic and its medical and financial implications.

“Unfortunately, there were some contract employees who did not agree to a reduction for their own reasons. But I am especially appreciative of all our head coaches and staff members who are doing their part for the greater good of the department.”

The salaries of Tennessee’s football staffers who refused pay cuts range from Artis’ $200,000 to Chaney’s $1.6 million. Chaney is the athletic department’s third-highest-paid employee.

Martin and Graham were star players at Tennessee under Fulmer. The assistants who declined a pay cut are not UT alumni.

What did Tennessee coaches and administrators agree to?
Fulmer, who earns $900,000 in annual salary, will take the biggest pay cut from a percentage standpoint. He announced in August that he would accept a 15% pay cut. That reduction took effect on Nov. 1.

Fulmer also agreed to waive all incentive compensation he’s eligible for through June 30. He remains eligible for a $150,000 retention bonus if he is employed on Dec. 31.

Deputy athletics director Reid Sigmon opted to forgo a $15,000 raise that he was due on May 1. By declining the raise, his salary remained at $315,000. He also will forgo another scheduled raise on May 1, 2021. His salary will move to its scheduled $345,000 on July 1, 2021.

Like Fulmer, Sigmon is waiving any incentives he might be eligible for through June 30.

Additionally, Sigmon agreed to the tiered salary reduction structure of his current salary. Under that structure, the first $50,000 of his annualized pay will not be reduced; the amount between $50,000 and $150,000 will be reduced by 5%; and the amount over $150,000 will be reduced by 10%. This is also the tiered structure for at-will employees.

Every Tennessee head coach other than Pruitt signed a contract amendment agreeing to that tiered salary reduction through June 30. Those coaches also agreed to waive any incentive compensation they would have been eligible for through June 30, except for incentives for winning an SEC championship or a national championship. Those championship bonuses remain in play.

Martin also agreed to the tiered salary reduction through June 30. The documentation for Martin’s pay cut is not finalized, but it went into effect Nov. 1, and the paperwork will be completed in the coming days, athletic department spokesman Tom Satkowiak said.

Graham is in the midst of his second stint as a Tennessee assistant. Pruitt hired him from Texas A&M in January.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would decline pay cuts too.

They should lay off those professors who used to work 3 hours a week and now work less.

it's not like the football staff has taken 99% of the week off.

Last edited:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I bet Fulmer took the largest cut so that ut will go cheap and keep him on. I love it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You'd have to be a fool to take those cuts, as the team is so bad the staff is about to get fired anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.