Tennessee Meltdown - Kongbo, Hurd quitting team

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
There is no more ut. They are done, cooked like a sausage. Their whole season was predicated on beating us. However, as it turns out, it wasn't really ut that beat us. They came out in the second half and played inspired football. They needed the win; not just for themselves, but for the fans and their coaches. They played inspired football; however, after getting that "must win," they reverted right back to what they are --a mediocre team (at best) with desperate coaches. They played their best game of the year against us, and our coaches **** the bed. I guess it happens sometimes, but as our creamcicle rivals will confess; there is simply no room for overconfince on any level, lest we be forced to face the truth--who and what we are; but more imortantly, where we are. Are we really a team that can drive for something special, or are we just preparing for loss. I really think that this team can win a championship. I don't know why, but I have a feeling that these guys have what it takes get it done.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@JimmyHyams: Hurd has been upset at the way he has been used in Tennessee's zone-read scheme

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
Wow. I'm just hearing this on Sports Animal here in in Knoxville. Radio hosts are blown away. Something was fishy the way he was held out in the Georgia game then was held out the next game. Evidently, he refused to play. After Saturday he had enough.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm interested in another angle here. I missed the weekend and just finished watching this game. Bentley looks like a good find for the Muscocks. I'm not saying he's a world-beater, but he looks like a legitimate upgrade. As long as we still handle them and they beat 10-uh-teeth, I'll be happy. Anyone else think he played well?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Clay Travis' show was good this morning. He says UT needs to cut Jones loose asap. Says, "Who else would want Butch Jones as their coach? That tells you how good or bad your coach is....when he's wanted or not wanted". He also went on to bash the SEC East for having a bunch of mediocre coaches, as to why the East is so far behind the West (and I agree w/ him. Is it too early to judge McElwain? Maybe...but the rest of the East is a disaster and full of very mediocre and overpaid coaches).

Kongbo and Hurd transferring says a lot.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm interested in another angle here. I missed the weekend and just finished watching this game. Bentley looks like a good find for the Muscocks. I'm not saying he's a world-beater, but he looks like a legitimate upgrade. As long as we still handle them and they beat 10-uh-teeth, I'll be happy. Anyone else think he played well?

That kid is going to be good...IF Muschamp doesn't interfere w/ the offense. If he lets Roper be the OC, without meddling, that kid can be real good. As we've all discussed, having a good QB is big in college football. Only a team like Bama or Ohio State can consistently get away w/ having a middle of the road QB (because they have so much talent elsewhere). This is why I think it's important for us to take some lumps next year w/ one of the two freshman leading the way at QB. We're going to have a drop off on D, so we might as well develop a young QB to lead us in 2018 and beyond. UGA is taking their lumps at QB this year and that kid is going to be very good before he leaves.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fooley on the phone w Tinerc AD right now advising him to extend Bandbutch's contract. Buy low!!!!!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This is all on Jalen Hurd. Butch has been running this offense long before he got to UT. It was no secret. Is Hurd illiterate or just lazy? Or did he choose to go there knowing he didn't fit the scheme?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Fooley on the phone w Tinerc AD right now advising him to extend Bandbutch's contract. Buy low!!!!!

LOL!!!

Seriously, this would be a good time to go cherry-pick UT's recruiting class. I'm sure they have some OL & DL's we'd be interested in. The word is Butch has lost the team and a lot of the players are not happy playing for him...which I'm sure their recruits have heard or are hearing.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
LOL!!!

Seriously, this would be a good time to go cherry-pick UT's recruiting class. I'm sure they have some OL & DL's we'd be interested in. The word is Butch has lost the team and a lot of the players are not happy playing for him...which I'm sure their recruits have heard or are hearing.

I was watching that game and saw the defeat all over his face prior to the game ending. He was pacing back and forth with his head down repeatedly. The man just looked lost. His players have to see this and lose faith in him.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
BTTF-Tennessee-MEME.jpg

:lmao2:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for all you given to the program, Jalen.

Best of luck to you in the future.

GO BIG ORANGE!
From the linked article:

Things are not going quite according to plan for Butch Jones and the Vols in Knoxville, but there has been no official word these alleged departures will actually happen at this time. Maybe a strong finish to the season will provide a chance to reconsider the options, or maybe Tennessee’s program is starting to show a few cracks in the brick-by-brick foundation.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@shaepeppler: Told by TN insider that barring an epic collapse (0-4 in final 4 games), Butch Jones job is safe. More to come later on @CampusInsiders

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: Dismissed or they quit? Also isn't Kongbo a JUCO transfer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator