Tennessee Meltdown - Kongbo, Hurd quitting team

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had a thought last night that the last time it happened was the day we beat LSU in '12. That day, FSU lost to NCSU, Miami lost to ND, UGA lost to South Carolina, but UT was idle. So I was close. :lol:

Edit: However, UT's bye week that week came in the middle of a four game losing streak, so it counts, right?

You remembered all that from that weekend? Hell.... I cant even remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You remembered all that from that weekend? Hell.... I cant even remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday.
I remember random sh*t, it's why I'm a trivia master. After researching, there were a couple weekends in 2009 that we won and all but one of those other teams lost, but I haven't found another weekend in which all four teams lost and we won. This might have been the first time.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Soooooo....

@cammashburn: Sources: Tennessee is having a special called meeting tonight. No details as to the nature. Several players are rumored to have quit.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
^ @SECfootball: Former five-star recruit Jonathan Kongbo ‘hanging up his cleats’ at Tennessee? https://dlvr.it/MYffy8
6b403da0bb0ce7ae1133f9b34379eaccb01167df9221e07f30b852bc1da2e758.jpg

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The meltdown continues. We'll see if anything official but fans are mostly ranting that Jones has lost the team and they're screwed.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The meltdown continues. We'll see if anything official but fans are mostly ranting that Jones has lost the team and they're screwed.
They were screwed the minute they had to settle on him as their 17 choice...they're just coming to that realization.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Add to this that at the beginning of this season Dobbs was on the Heisman Watch list ??
What new ways can Butch lose a game, lose a team ?

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Unbrick by unbrick
They're done stealing talent out of Florida Imo. Now hopefully we can keep our in-state talent from going to clown state and Clemson.; That be a big plus. I think that clown u is on the down--now we just have to focus on trailer-bama. If we can just win Florida with recruiting and keep bama from stealing our talent, the we will be fine. But we are going to have to start seriously recruiting; and that means not losing talent from wannabe programs like Clemson and the clowns. I mean seriously, how many of these programs like Clemson, lsu, ut, the mutts,and f$u have really won anything? They are just a bunch of wannabe programs that are littered with talented salesman. But the bottom line is that they suck and have been feeding on our regression like a leach. We are UF...we are the greatest university and we will succeed!. These maggots aren't going to put and end to us. If you want to win and be a part of something special, then come to UF and let's build this thing. Don't worry, you'll get your millions and an opportunity for the NFL
But you'll also get something better; a chance for something better --a chance to get the absolute greatest education and a positive direction for you and the place you represnt. You know it, I know it, maybe no one else wants to see it. But I'm going to simplify things here: you have an opportunity to achieve what is widely considered one of the best education an experiences possible. This opportunity exists as a result of your athletic ability and potential as a student -athlete. You can come here and be a part of something special...as an athlete and as a person. And you get to be a Gator! No other program offers you this.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How many more losses before Butch breaks down and cries in his postgame presser?

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
There are all kinds of twitter rumours that Hurd quit the team and the team in real turmoil. Pissed at coaches etc. Not worthy of a new post but something to look out for

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I had a thought last night that the last time it happened was the day we beat LSU in '12. That day, FSU lost to NCSU, Miami lost to ND, UGA lost to South Carolina, but UT was idle. So I was close. :lol:

Edit: However, UT's bye week that week came in the middle of a four game losing streak, so it counts, right?
I just remember the LSU win. That is the day we brought our son home from the hospital and that was his first official game. Was going on about 2 hours sleep in 48 hours at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator