Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n170111 said:
Originally posted by Gatorbreath View Post
This.

I'm positively giddy about Gator foosball for the first time in a long time. And it feels friggin good!

That's right - I said "positively giddy"....

Can we petition the NCAA for spring practice to start next week?

I am feeling positive for reals for first time in years. We actually can go into the spring game with positive mo'. The Florida brand is back.

Welcome back, brother. :grouphug:

Now, when you feel that bipolar swing starting when we lose a game, have an important player injured, or miss out on a big time recruit, double up on the meds before logging in and posting...
:D :dance2:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n170089 said:
Why in the world would this be sent to Solitary?

Coaching staff did a tremendous job under the circumstances.
It's absurd. Ox has been nothing but positive toward the new staff. I think Navet is stoned again.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
The staff did a fantastic job considering where they were starting from. It's refreshing to see a balanced class where we filled quite a few of our needs instead of ignoring OR just not being able to secure areas like O-line. Now we just need the staff to coach 'em up (something the last staff failed miserably at) and let's start winning some ballgames and getting back on top!

ChompChomp!

Marshall Gator

Dec 7, 2014
It was a roller coaster day but after Ivey committed it just became unreal the way things played out. too much to say in one post but I cant wait to see CeCe out there on the field in the swamp.
I also loved what Ivey said about not wanting to live in Alabama but took pride about living in Florida. Plus we signed 6 OL and most of them are huge in size. We went from being
ranked 99 to the top 25 in about 9 days. I can promise you our rivals are not laughing anymore. They know the party is over for them.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
To all of the staff, I knew you were gonna pull it off all along. Great work! Its gonna be fun in the swamp once again....

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Very pleased with the end result of cycle #1. Clearly this staff has some excellent recruiters.

One thing McElwain mentioned today that most observers haven't considered is the new staff had to reevaluate the players the previous staff had been recruiting. I just assumed the new coaches would have focused on the targets already on the board and gone about trying to build relationships with them. Coach made it clear that first they had to make sure they were players that this staff thought were the right guys. Obviously they made some changes to the target list while keeping some of the same names.

One thing that already seems evident is the higher degree of maturity that's in place, starting at the top of the program. Go Gators!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Mac is like a ray of light bursting through the gray, gloomy fog that Muschamp left.

A top 25 class was an outright remarkable feat and had the talking heads discussing UF all day. A closer that the last HC never was. Even many of our 3 stars look like they're sleepers.

And there's no doubt he'll be better than Muschamp. Even if we had a class that was ranked in the 60s, the trade off would have worth it to rid our program of Champ.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n170341 said:
A top 25 class was an outright remarkable feat and had the talking heads discussing UF all day.
It's not just the ranking of the class. That might be mediocre or even unimpressive. It's the fact that he focused on our most immediate needs and had the most remarkable signing day I recall. It may also be our most impressive recent coaching transition class.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
If this staff can coach and develop at the level they recruit, then I think Gator Nation is in for a real treat. Happy times ahead!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;170349 said:
It's not just the ranking of the class. That might be mediocre or even unimpressive. It's the fact that he focused on our most immediate needs and had the most remarkable signing day I recall. It may also be our most impressive recent coaching transition class.

I agree 100%

6 quality O lineman.
2 Top tier RBs
2 high potential DBs
1 high offensive power ATH
Multiple ultra talented D-lineman to fortify depth
1 quick twitch LB from SFL
2 TEs (one early enrollment)

What once were scary holes in our depth now seem secure. We need a strong LB class next year. But on needs alone, this feels like a top 10 class to me.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n170365 said:
I agree 100%

6 quality O lineman.
2 Top tier RBs
2 high potential DBs
1 high offensive power ATH
Multiple ultra talented D-lineman to fortify depth
1 quick twitch LB from SFL
2 TEs (one early enrollment)

What once were scary holes in our depth now seem secure. We need a strong LB class next year. But on needs alone, this feels like a top 10 class to me.

Let's just hope we can make it through the Spring and season relatively injury free! I'm cautiously optimistic about next year. Aside from the Bama game and Mizzou debacle, we were competitive in just about every game last year. With improvement on the O-line and solid QB play (two big hypotheticals), next year might not be as much of a rebuilding year as I once thought.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
heversle;n170385 said:
Let's just hope we can make it through the Spring and season relatively injury free! I'm cautiously optimistic about next year. Aside from the Bama game and Mizzou debacle, we were competitive in just about every game last year. With improvement on the O-line and solid QB play (two big hypotheticals), next year might not be as much of a rebuilding year as I once thought.
We really, really, really need some luck with OL injuries. There's no way around it. Chimp will keep on giving next fall. And we really, really need some of our true freshmen to arrive on campus ready to play. That's a tall order, but it's the way it is. I look the looks of Sandifer and Ivey but you never know.

QB play will be fine. It was fine last year once Driskeltard was benched. Remember that Treon was a true freshman that hadn't even practiced at UF before August. He moved the ball well and scored on a high percentage of drives until Chimp went back into Run No Matter What Defense They Run Mode again (thank you Uga's defense). Third and long is no way to make a living in the SEC.

Generally, we will know what we have with these kids in their second year. There's a big jump in their play from the first to the second year. And we expect better QB coaching also. Both seem promising to me and I've been told I'm a tad pessimistic generally.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The rest of the SEC just upchucked in their collective mouths a bit. We're coming back with a vengeance, and faster than most think. This will be proven when we pop the Vol pumped up balloon again on September 26 and start out 4-0.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Both seem promising to me and I've been told I'm a tad pessimistic generally.
Excellent assessment both ways.......I am over joyed by this class. I dont follow it as closely as some here but even I can see Mac made chicken salad out of chicken sh#t the last few months. I wonder how much Randy S influenced this. HoOOOOOORAYYYYY.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator