THE BIG GAME: A comedy film about Gator Nation

GatorStephen

Jun 14, 2023
My name is Stephen Musumeci, I'm a filmmaker from Tampa, FL and a lifelong Gators fan.

Right now I’m working on a film called, THE BIG GAME. The film follows an obsessed Gators fan who is tested when his wife tragically passes away on the day of their big watch party. As it’s the Florida/Florida State game - will he miss the game and call 911, or will he watch the game, host the party and keep her hidden until the game is over?

I’ve partnered with Sundance winning filmmaker, Jim Cummings, who will produce and act in the film. We are currently fundraising through the crowd-equity platform, WeFunder. It’s different from Kickstarter as it offers percentage shares of the film instead of purely a donation. We’ve just crossed the $50k mark and are looking for more investors.

Check out out campaign here: https://wefunder.com/thebiggame

It would mean a lot to have Gator Nation join our team. If you have any questions or need any more information, please email me at [email protected].

-Stephen Musumeci

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like another Ox hobby trying to squeeze the board for donations.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorStephen it sounds like a great project, indeed. I don’t know if your cast is already set, but I’d be willing to offer my acting skills, to add authenticity if you will. Here’s a recent photo…

1686844463191.png

Now, if there was only another Chatter member to cast as my sidekick I think we’d have something worthwhile to add.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
....As it’s the Florida/Florida State game - will he miss the game and call 911, or will he watch the game, host the party and keep her hidden until the game is over?
Given our play over the past decade, the smart move would be to join his wife.

The premise of the movie would have fit perfectly in the 90s. Now?
I Dont Think So No Way GIF

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorStephen it sounds like a great project, indeed. I don’t know if your cast is already set, but I’d be willing to offer my acting skills, to add authenticity if you will. Here’s a recent photo…

View attachment 58602

Now, if there was only another Chatter member to cast as my sidekick I think we’d have something worthwhile to add.
Who would that be boss?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

View attachment 58602

We have a couple here that would be great extras during the Nole scenes.

51197-808639bcae17207efc45dd9a6feb73c3.jpg

Last edited:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
My name is Stephen Musumeci, I'm a filmmaker from Tampa, FL and a lifelong Gators fan.

Right now I’m working on a film called, THE BIG GAME. The film follows an obsessed Gators fan who is tested when his wife tragically passes away on the day of their big watch party. As it’s the Florida/Florida State game - will he miss the game and call 911, or will he watch the game, host the party and keep her hidden until the game is over?

I’ve partnered with Sundance winning filmmaker, Jim Cummings, who will produce and act in the film. We are currently fundraising through the crowd-equity platform, WeFunder. It’s different from Kickstarter as it offers percentage shares of the film instead of purely a donation. We’ve just crossed the $50k mark and are looking for more investors.

Check out out campaign here: https://wefunder.com/thebiggame

It would mean a lot to have Gator Nation join our team. If you have any questions or need any more information, please email me at [email protected].

-Stephen Musumeci
In your script, do we win the game?

It matters as to the outcome of my philanthropic nature.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Given the plot of the story as you lay it out, then the film should last less than 60 seconds. But good luck to you.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
No cameos, no dough

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics