The Boosters who matter are flipping quickly

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We'd be 6-0 with LDR. Also Swamp Gas is awesome. And Mac should get another year.

6-0, you say, with LDR at the helm? Ridiculous.

If you think Del Rio would've just laid down and let them cancel the Northern Colorado game because of a little thunderstorm the way Franks did, you're crazy.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope those damn rumors are true and Mac is gone in the next week or two. It would be like Christmas coming early.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Think it speaks volumes that a MOD over at Swamp Gas is being allowed to post rumors that Mac is getting fired.
Makes me wonder if this isn't some ploy to kill some of the noise. Kinda weird that this isn't getting shut down.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I will believe rumors when they bite me in the butt, and not before. Sensational rumors in a chat room draws hits for the site, just as sensational headlines sell newspapers (for those of you who still remember newspapers). But I will keep my fingers crossed.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Some MSU writers have been saying for a few weeks they think Mullen is looking to move on after this season. I hope that isn't who they are planning to bring in if Mac is really gone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some MSU writers have been saying for a few weeks they think Mullen is looking to move on after this season. I hope that isn't who they are planning to bring in if Mac is really gone.
Love to see him in Knoxiousville.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Uhhhh.... wait til three years from now when he gets HIS.... well I mean HIS NEXT QB.

You know, things were really humming with Grier and LDR, you know when the O dipped into the 80s and 90s.

80s may be high...also, yea they were higher possibly with LDR, but he hasn't played a top defense and is good for a few picks a game

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Greg McElroy has been really bashing our fanbase since the Mac claimed “death threat”, now I know he played for Mac and has always been his biggest supporter, but he’s an idiot. Could you imagine if Bama went three straight years of just 2 losses in the regular season and missed out on the playoffs how they’d turn on Saban. That fanbase will hopefully have the hardest fall when Saban does eventually retire. Have no doubt almost all coaches get hate mail or some kind of threats made to them, but very few will publicly acknowledge them.

Just look how the Bammers turned on poor Kiffy!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
6-0, you say, with LDR at the helm? Ridiculous.

If you think Del Rio would've just laid down and let them cancel the Northern Colorado game because of a little thunderstorm the way Franks did, you're crazy.
7-0 if you count the cancelled game. But Mac gave into fan pressure and played the guy everybody wanted instead of the guy that could give us the wins.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We'd be 6-0 with LDR. Also Swamp Gas is awesome. And Mac should get another year.

I hope those damn rumors are true and Mac is gone in the next week or two. It would be like Christmas coming early.

Wishful thinking has become a wildfire burning a pile o' posts. = it's a false fire.
Mac's horrid mistake will be taken by Stricklin as merely a "faux paus" because Stricklin hasn't been AD long enough to have the guts 1) to fire Mac, 2) to boldly choose a new HC. Those two are connected by a scale's balance-beam. No use believing boosters will come to the rescue to make a sure decision since they were around when Muschamp and Mac were chosen.??

The next 3-4 years will most likely play out with Mac learning under fire to get better results thanks to Corral and those players who come to support Corral's crew. (We can only hope he learns to replace Nuss & Nord.) Perhaps, UF will gain by the weird stability so stumbled into? This path is maddening because it's so accidental and non-creditting.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wishful thinking has become a wildfire burning a pile o' posts. = it's a false fire.
Mac's horrid mistake will be taken by Stricklin as merely a "faux paus" because Stricklin hasn't been AD long enough to have the guts 1) to fire Mac, 2) to boldly choose a new HC. Those two are connected by a scale's balance-beam. No use believing boosters will come to the rescue to make a sure decision since they were around when Muschamp and Mac were chosen.??

The next 3-4 years will most likely play out with Mac learning under fire to get better results thanks to Corral and those players who come to support Corral's crew. (We can only hope he learns to replace Nuuss & Nord.) Perhaps, UF will gain by the weird stability so stumbled into? This path is maddening because it's so accidental and non-creditting.

I hope its true. The thing that makes me think he wont be here in 2018 is they are letting people trash him even at Swamp Gas now.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If that coaching list is accurate in the original post, it is weak as ****ing hell. Stop the bargain barrel coaching hires and go for the big name.

Babers....no.
Cousin Eddie....no.
Frost....no (he'll be at Nebraska anyway).
Norvell.....no.

Big hire names:
Stoops
Gruden
Kelly
Gundy

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If that coaching list is accurate in the original post, it is weak as ****ing hell. Stop the bargain barrel coaching hires and go for the big name.

Babers....no.
Cousin Eddie....no.
Norvell.....no.

Big hire names:
Stoops
Gruden
Kelly
Gundy

In looking for those CEO/HC types maybe we should look at how many underling-coaches that HC has fired or replace? I'm thinking Saban would lead the pack.?

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014

Babers....no.
Cousin Eddie....no.
Norvell.....no.

Big hire names:
Stoops
Gruden
Kelly
Gundy

Why do you think your “big name hires” would come

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bob Stoops retired. Not sure why a retired guy would throw himself back into the meat grinder.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Babers....no.
Cousin Eddie....no.
Norvell.....no.

Big hire names:
Stoops
Gruden
Kelly
Gundy
prepare to be disappointed. The first three on the big name list are so far removed from reality I'm not sure whether to laugh or send you a straitjacket

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Bob Stoops retired. Not sure why a retired guy would throw himself back into the meat grinder.
Stoops hasn’t won anything meaningful in damn near 20 years. Why in the hell does everyone still fawn over the guy?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

At age forty I would have told you everyone has his price. At my age I have had the opportunity to make a lot more bucks (by my standards mind you). No thanks, life is short. These guys are a lot younger than I am. But it depends on what you want out of life.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I think a phone call to Gary Patterson at TCU would be good. Not sure if he’d come but if I were AD he would definitely be on my short list...and no this doesn’t mean I’m anti-insert name of up & comers like Frost here. I’m saying that I’d like to see Patterson in the short list mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator