Founding Member
Short, fiery, and angry.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
News Headline: del rio admitted to Shands for hernia operation after chucking 24 yard incompletion into the dirt... :eek3:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
lets be honest tho, if ldr did start against michigan, jay would instantly turn into the biggest fan ever :lol2:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I doubt Will Miles is a mouth piece for the UAA. He's the same guy that wrote the damning piece on Nuss.
2FABA0FC00000578-3377831-image-a-14_1451409762473.jpg

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gato...ing-quarterback-be-luke-del-rio-again/2316696

But I asked UF offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier yesterday whether he expects Del Rio to be in the mix for the starting job this fall.

Nussmeier's response: "I do."

"He played some really good football when he was healthy," Nussmeier said. "And obviously he got banged up - banged up worse than we thought at the time...

"We'll get him back, get him healthy. And I think once he gets healthy, he'll go back to being the player that he is."

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gato...ing-quarterback-be-luke-del-rio-again/2316696

But I asked UF offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier yesterday whether he expects Del Rio to be in the mix for the starting job this fall.

Nussmeier's response: "I do."

"He played some really good football when he was healthy," Nussmeier said. "And obviously he got banged up - banged up worse than we thought at the time...

"We'll get him back, get him healthy. And I think once he gets healthy, he'll go back to being the player that he is."

In context, this statement was made in March, before Spring Ball and Zaire.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Okay so here's healthy LDR from game one to game three. Game one is a little shaky but after that he makes some great throws. LDR's arm pre-injury is stronger than I remember. It pains me to say this but he looks pretty good. A lot better than AA.

BTW NT was blowing up our offensive line.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okay so here's healthy LDR from game one to game three. Game one is a little shaky but after that he makes some great throws. LDR's arm pre-injury is stronger than I remember. It pains me to say this but he looks pretty good. A lot better than AA.

BTW NT was blowing up our offensive line.

Game manager. That's it. Doesn't look as weak armed as I thought either, but still not an elite arm. Franks is an elite arm. If he can just put it all together...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Game manager. That's it.
Dude HAVE YOU EVEN WATCH BUTTERS TEAMS? That is EXACTLY what he wants at QB. Game manager, not ints. Hand it off a lot. Thats all he has ever had or recruited.

SOS could probably do something with Franks to fix his terrible accuracy. Butters never will.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Game manager. That's it. Doesn't look as weak armed as I thought either, but still not an elite arm. Franks is an elite arm. If he can just put it all together...
This all really hurts to say but...
Yeah I don't know about "elite arm" but he threw the deep ball well. A couple were over thrown - like his first pass, but some were dropped, ruled incomplete, or questionable PI. And he threaded some tight throws. They did't ask for much in the first game (lots of short throws) but after that he looked like a good QB. Ugh. I feel dirty - I have to go take a shower now.
Maybe it's just been so long that average looks good.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Law's correct. Game manager is what Mac has always gravitated towards so if that's what Del Rio is then we foooked.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Dude HAVE YOU EVEN WATCH BUTTERS TEAMS? That is EXACTLY what he wants at QB. Game manager, not ints. Hand it off a lot. Thats all he has ever had or recruited.

SOS could probably do something with Franks to fix his terrible accuracy. Butters never will.
Gawd dude. Lay off the caps lock.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I didn't watch any games live last year but on TV his armed looked a little weak against N Texas prior to the injury I thought. I remember a few times thinking that might have been a pick against a good defense. We also had some posters at the game saying it really stood out also and we were going to be in trouble some later in the season because of it probably. Having said that it wouldn't shock me if he is our 2nd best option at QB right now as I think Franks is probably struggling upstairs still.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gawd dude. Lay off the caps lock.
Sorry, too much coffee.

Seriously though, what do you guys really expect? Spurrier 2.0? These guys were hired by Saban once. McElroy once commented that Saban would prefer that the NCAA ban pass plays. Are you really expecting a Run and Shoot? 14-10 and a game manager QB is the design of this offense.

Butters thinks Nusschump is doing a great job and that LDR is a fine QB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator