The Chump era just won't go away

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No punishment handed down. I guess the NCAA feels like I do, that having Will Muschamp involved with your program for 4 years is punishment enough.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
:chomp:
Gator87;n180449 said:
No punishment handed down. I guess the NCAA feels like I do, that having Will Muschamp involved with your program for 4 years is punishment enough.
Glad to hear it!

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well as expected no further issue since we took care of it properly and quickly. Give the AD credit since so many give him blame.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Whoa, what a relief. I walked into work and the Vol and Bammer trolls were going, "What's up with UF, you all are going down." I'm sure glad it worked out after telling them they're full of sheeot. Scared me at first. The NCAA = IRS when you get that initial feeling of getting notified.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
The football team should discipline itself with a self-imposed postseason :ban:

(I just wanted an excuse to use that icon)

Hotrod

Founding Member
R.I.P.
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am proud to be a Gator because the men and women who run the athletic program expect the people who they hire to act with integrity and stay within the rules of the NCAA. If you cheat to win you are betraying the fans and the program that hired you to preform your duties with professionalism. Joker probably spent to much time around the basketball program while at Ky. and picked up some bad habits.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n180337 said:
Rumors are flying that we're getting a "SMU-style" death penalty. The NCAA wants to send a message.

Our athletic director imposed his own death penalty after Meyer quit.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't we been on a scholarship reduction penalty for the last 4 years?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n180736 said:
Haven't we been on a scholarship reduction penalty for the last 4 years?
Yes, was only allowed to sign two offensive linemen a year

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hotrod;n180590 said:
Joker probably spent to much time around the basketball program while at Ky. and picked up some bad habits.

Interesting point. I read the report and Joker's response. He misunderstood the legislation of the rule??? BS! He'd been a coach and a HC at a D1 school. No way. He stated in the report that he told the recruit, "we cannnot have a conversation." But still met him and let the recruit put his contact info into his phone. And was contacted by a reporter to let him know that the student would be outside the school to where he could meet. Glad UF handled it appropriately. Could've been really bad.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n180316 said:
Haven't we been punished enough already? There's not much more the NCAA can do that hasn't already been self inflicted. I'll be shocked if something big comes from this.
Yes, we had 4 years of self imposed punishment and humiliation.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n180818 said:
Muschamp and Phillips. One was the Joker. The other was the Joke.

The other was a joke with a whiteboard punchline and a secret midline.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am glad how the Athletic Department handled that situation. Living through the 80's and the 90 season that is something that I hope never happens again. Foley has gotten a lot of criticism as of late and deservedly so related to WM, but I'm glad whoever it was in the AD's office was on top of this.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
^ uhm, inside the AD's office?...that would be "Foley".

Give him the credit that he deserves!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n181388 said:
^ uhm, inside the AD's office?...that would be "Foley".

Give him the credit that he deserves!
For firing a poorly-performing, rule-breaking coach? Was it a hard decision?

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Something that is interesting to me that no one has commented on is this...

How did this get outed? Someone with "ties" to the University of Miami took a photo and shared it with the NCAA....

While Joker being there and conversing with the prospect was a violation, what was the UM person doing there during a non-permissible time? Pot, meet kettle...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WillGetIn;n181462 said:
Something that is interesting to me that no one has commented on is this...

How did this get outed? Someone with "ties" to the University of Miami took a photo and shared it with the NCAA....

While Joker being there and conversing with the prospect was a violation, what was the UM person doing there during a non-permissible time? Pot, meet kettle...

Didn't say it was someone employed by UM. Could have been a UM recruit or one of the HS coaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.