The Chump showing class

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Just curious, did Muschamp get booed before the game?
I was there and basically no... just a tiny, tiny bit and not by many. You almost wouldn't have know it happened unless you were watching and listening for it.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was there and basically no... just a tiny, tiny bit and not by many. You almost wouldn't have know it happened unless you were watching and listening for it.

GatorNation has lost its bite.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They didn't really go off on Chump like I thought they would. But USCe snuck out when everyone was cheering for the Gators taking the field on Senior Day. Nonetheless, the crowd was strong and loud during the game. Best of the year by far.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ATX still luvs some Chimp? Color me surprised.

Im a bit depressed by the crowd not chanting Fire Muschamp.

I'm shocked that you made that comment...

I have the ability to be objective about things. I thought it was nice of him to do that. He certainly didn't have to greet the players. He may have been a crappy coach, but he isn't a crappy person.

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
GatorNation has lost its bite.
Unfortunately, The Gator Nation, at least on the student side, is a reflection of the vast snowflake mentality across college campuses. The fire has been lost for a long time; Stands half empty at kick off, the decibel level way down, people sitting...just wasn't like that when I was there.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, theses days seem long gone now... maybe one day... glad I was there to live it

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015

Good to know. As much as I hate the Chump, he did try and he did grow up in Hog Town. It'd be classless if he really got the business.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, theses days seem long gone now... maybe one day... glad I was there to live it

I am afraid those days are gone forever. I am not referring to the state of the program, although that is part of it, I am referring to the fact that we have a different breed of student in the stands that doesn't really care about football or even the Gators. Couple that with the ongoing price increases and the alumni side gets older and older and less and less enthusiastic.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm shocked that you made that comment...

I have the ability to be objective about things. I thought it was nice of him to do that. He certainly didn't have to greet the players. He may have been a crappy coach, but he isn't a crappy person.
Admit it, you are a douchebaggaphile.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We beat him on the field. That was more important than anything.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
The relationship between a coach and his players goes FAR beyond what happens on the field. I wouldn't expect you to understand that, but I figured I'd throw that out there.
I'm with Sas on this. That video underscores a fact that seems to be often lost in the bantering and angst of college football fandom. Coaches and players form deep relationships with and among each other, and, for them, those can be more important than football. Muschamp gave those seniors an opportunity to better themselves and pursue their dreams. If I were a player to whom he gave a scholarship, I'd be in that line, too. I like that video. This aspect of college football should be respected, and not scorned or trivialized.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Same old 0-10-1 crowd still out here wanting to celebrate Chimp setting our program back for years, probably a decade, and purposefully trying to destroy us the last two years, particularly by failing to recruit at all in his last year, a breach of contract which should have been pursued, and actively competing against us at Awbarn, an action for which a competent AD would have structured his contract to prohibit or at least penalize.

Fvkk him and fvkk fooley for him.

Last edited:

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I found the most interesting thing to be how many of the players were injured...either in a sling or a boot or on crutches. Seemed like half of them were not in uniform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator