The Comeback...that almost wasn't!

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Negatives aside I look at this game one way...Muschamp would have lost it. Any thing that is in the opposite directions from that high strung POS is fine by me

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Some of you ummmm "Gators" are amazing. You gripe when we lose. You gripe when we win. Gators 28, Vols 27 That makes this Gator very happy.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Still going to be plenty of growing pains with these kids, but that's the most satisfying win we've had since FSU in '12.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n286398 said:
I had a whole list of 'written' grievances before the comeback (as I'm sure most die-hard Gator fans did) - I burned mine in the fire pit, but I still remember them. I am appreciating this victory, but the realist in me also says that this young team has a long way to go. I'll party tonight and I hope the kids enjoy it for a couple of days. Then the coaches will show them the film and reality will kick in.
This has kind of a Lord of the Flies ring to it. I'm hoping this victory was the team's way of exorcising The Beast the program suffered from for the past few years. This team in the future will reap the dividends of the freshmen offensive linemen that played yesterday.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I concur with Covers D analysis, it was disheartening to watch over pursuit and hand shaking tackling. It does make me miss Charlie Strong at the helm. I do like our edge/outside line pressure better than seen in recent years but an absent "Spikes" like presence is noticeable. I guess the litmus test of how far we have to go is coming in next week. For now, I'm happy to see the "team culture" appears better in the sense they didn't fold like a wet tent when the chips were stacked against them and the O-philosophy is to attack and take some chances instead of scared and fetal position looking. I love a shut down D but like Cover said, if we don't get the tackling fixed, for those that can remember, we could be watching some Herschel Walker like games.... where we look like boys among men defensively. Go Gators!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have to play better in all phases of the game but it was a comeback for the ages that's for sure. Go Gators!!

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On kickoff...why is Hardin not in there booming them through the end zone?? I understand the change in placekicking, but I thought he was doing great booming the kickoffs?????

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There's plenty of areas these guys can work on and I'm pretty sure that continuing to play like this will spell loses in the future, but one thing is for sure, you can't do any better than 4 wins after 4 games.

Go Gata

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
Thank you, Cover 2, for your excellent analysis and the perspective you provide as a former coach of the sport. I am constantly asked here in Texas what has happened to the Florida football program. (Not so much this year to date since the Longhorns are suffering mightily with their own woes). I never know what to say because I don't truly know what was going on in the locker room, or on the practice field or in Muschamp's head during his 4 year tenure. I am still seeing on the field some undisciplined players who for whatever reason are not doing what they obviously have been coached to do over the course of their many years of participation in the sport. I, too, am thrilled we won the game; however, I consider us somewhat lucky as well. Although I know winning is pretty much all that counts, I still would like to see some genuine growth, maturity and player development. I know Coach Mac has not had enough time to correct all of the problems, but as the season progresses, I would enjoy reading your take on if and how this somewhat broken program is righting itself....or...not. Thanks in advance.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kind Lady, it will be my pleasure to do so! Thanks for your comments and Go Gators!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great reading. The one thing I am most proud of is even in a difficult game that we could have lost, these guys found a way to pull it out and get it done. That confidence builder alone will be one that will go far in addition to the needed aspects we must improve on.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n286521 said:
cover that ll cool j plug is money! good post

Thanks Dub! One of my favorite tunes that lends itself well to football.

gator lester

Sep 13, 2015
Great post as usual from the OP. I do think some of the missed tackles was due to good play by their QB, still you have to adjust.

I saw some launching by the Voles that should have been called as well.

As a process guy, I am happy with good play, not so with that which we have shown in each of our games. Great play never runs out, luck always does eventually.

That said we are very young and should improve each game. Go Gators!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Boy, could you imagine Cover2 and AlexDaGator in the same thread. Would quite possible be the longest thread in history.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n286718 said:
Boy, could you imagine Cover2 and AlexDaGator in the same thread. Would quite possible be the longest thread in history.

But it would be very informative.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
One play in the game told me what i want to know about Grier. And yes it was the miracle TD pass. But not what you think. If you watched Will in the pocket he did his progression and for once in the game looked completely comfortable. The three man rush was NO WHERE near him and he knew it. He took his time and found the open man. We give this kid time to throw and we are going to be a happy group.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Cover, I am at a fish camp with no TV. All I knew was the ESPN play by play results. Knew we were gashed in the running game, but didn't know why.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Grier was off on quite a few passes or else he would have easily been over 300 yards passing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator