The Current State of Gator Sports

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mark down Oct. 5th after our record falls to 2-3 or 1-4, and the humiliation of UCF fans storming the field in front of a stunned sellout crowd.... I'm pretty sure he'll know it's a
trainwreck GIF
Nobody's gonna be stunned if we lose to ucf

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Clearly someone has forgotten the hockey championship. Can't win it all in every sport every year.
Yeah, that'll probably inspire Foley and Stricklin to shut down the hockey club and put the money they received toward adding women's varsity hockey.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
No one GAF dude. No one. Even you dont. You don't go sit in the stands with 20 other people for those sports no one gives a **** about. You dont know the names of the players. all the players combined don't have the name and face recognition of Lagway, who hasn't played a game yet.

Not a damn one of those sports produces a penny.

No one cares about "all sports trophy" either. No one knows that Stanford wins it most years. There are no headlines on ESPN or any of the news each year. No parades. No standing in the Atlanta Dome or Rose Bowl getting a trophy while confetti flies.

By the way we never have won the all sports trophy ANYWAY.

Once football is finally dead dead dead and the stadium perennially 1/3 full, all those tick sports that have survived all football money will die also regardless.
stripes lighten GIF

I responded to Durty’s OP about the current state of men’s sports. I’ve posted elsewhere about how everything depended on football. That goes well beyond the sports program. It drives fundraising, brand recognition, raises the admissions profile and on and on.

I would go to other sports if I lived in or at least close to Gainesville. I do watch them on TV when I can. But no, they don’t matter compared to football.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly don't know if our football team is even able to win 4 games next season and beyond. Basketball team though is on the upward trajectory there is no doubt about it. We were picked to finish 10th in the SEC but finished 6th in the regular season and 2nd in the tourney. We got shafted on our NCAAT seeded and lost to the hottest team in the country that shouldn't have been in the play in game. Shafted by the refs too who called a clean game vs Marquette and Colorado lost. We shall see what the future holds for us all

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There's multiple ppl in this thread that actually think we go 8-4 this year and that ucf will be an easy win.
Count me as one of them.

At this point I admit I would get more pleasure out of seeing people like you back peddling than I would the Gators actually winning the games. It would be funny as hell.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Count me as one of them.

At this point I admit I would get more pleasure out of seeing people like you back peddling than I would the Gators actually winning the games. It would be funny as hell.
You should figure out a way to find joy in something that will actually happen. And if by some miracle it did happen, it would only extend our misery. Tater is the worst coach in our history and will never win jack freaking squat here. He's trash.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You should figure out a way to find joy in something that will actually happen. And if by some miracle it did happen, it would only extend our misery. Tater is the worst coach in our history and will never win jack freaking squat here. He's trash.
I don't think so. I see championships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator