The Current State of Gator Sports

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Jeebus. This clown is out there celebrating a club sport no one knew existed and pretending that makes Fooley and Swishy Scott less incompetent.

Do you think perhaps his post was satirical in nature, or do you really believe that it’s @GatorFL ’s contention that the hockey team/club winning a “title” somehow provided an adequate offset to the current state of everything else? This is the Law we genuinely worry about. When you’re lighthearted and fun, even if in a negative way, it’s the best. When you’re up at nearly midnight, chain smoking Virginia Slims with ABBA blasting in the background and kicking empty bottles of rum out of the way as you lunge at your laptop to pounce on every comment that might(or might not even) denote the slightest bit of positivity, it’s the downward spiral that sends you off the edge. I wanted you to at least see us lose 2 of our first 4 before going nuts. Pace yourself my friend.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont like your tone, mister.

Soon I will be running this place. I have also purchased a backup option to acquire it when Sassy inherits it. Ox offing himself when Slingblade starts the year 2-6 is basically inevitable.

Anyone who cant come up with a name more interesting that "GatorFL" is gone first day.

Just after Boss is banned.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I dont like your tone, mister.

Soon I will be running this place. I have also purchased a backup option to acquire it when Sassy inherits it. Ox offing himself when Slingblade starts the year 2-6 is basically inevitable.

Anyone who cant come up with a name more interesting that "GatorFL" is gone first day.

Just after Boss is banned.
You're hilarious in that you think I have some kind of loyalty to Billy. I'm just giving him three years, that's all. Without major improvement, he should not survive to year 4.

People just need to stop thinking Stricklin is on any kind of hot seat as well. He isn't, and he's making the next hire.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
You're hilarious in that you think I have some kind of loyalty to Billy. I'm just giving him three years, that's all. Without major improvement, he should not survive to year 4.

People just need to stop thinking Stricklin is on any kind of hot seat as well. He isn't, and he's making the next hire.
You're a riddle wrapped in an enigma. Your ways are inscrutable. You spend two years suggesting prostitutes and mind camps whenever we would go off on tater and company. You claim to be tired of the negativity.

But then....then you uncork this most depressing and pessimistic take. A take so maddening true yet soul numbingly bereft of any hope. How could you??

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You're a riddle wrapped in an enigma. Your ways are inscrutable. You spend two years suggesting prostitutes and mind camps whenever we would go off on tater and company. You claim to be tired of the negativity.

But then....then you uncork this most depressing and pessimistic take. A take so maddening true yet soul numbingly bereft of any hope. How could you??
The difference is I still believe there is some chance Billy could be successful. Not a good chance, but a chance. Almost everyone else has painted themselves in a corner of hate so deep they have no choice but to pray he fails (i.e. our Gators lose) so they don't look utterly ridiculous.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Just when we become friends again you say something like that. You know they offered me a signing bonus and relocation allowance at Swamp Gas, right?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just when we become friends again you say something like that. You know they offered me a signing bonus and relocation allowance at Swamp Gas, right?
They have pulled all those offers (you aren't the only person they came after) when they learned about 6/5/24. It's like an NFL team refusing to trade for a player when they know their club is about to waive them anyway.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What would you define as major improvement?

(Not even being a smartass, genuinely curious what that looks like to you).
A winning season, but more importantly having a team that looks innovative, prepared, and ready to compete for the SEC crown in 2025. A team we could actually be excited about in the offseason.

We haven’t been excited about a team in the off-season since 2008.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Awkward Bye Bye GIF

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
A winning season, but more importantly having a team that looks innovative, prepared, and ready to compete for the SEC crown in 2025. A team we could actually be excited about in the offseason.

We haven’t been excited about a team in the off-season since 2008.

Appreciate the answer.

A winning season can span the range of 7-6 with a meaningless bowl victory or 10-3 and a NYD bowl victory over a top 10/15 opponent.

If he finishes 7-5, he'd own a losing record over the 3 years. If he goes 8-4, he'd be one game over a .500 W/L margin.

Is that good enough in your book for him to stay?

Beyond W/L, the only real thing I am looking to see is if he cuts out the self-enforced errors. It's astounding to me how many games special teams has cost us this past year...and instead of at least offering token gestures to the fan base and firing the asst who was responsible for it (as even the smallest measure of enforcing accountability), he continues with the same system in place that directly cost us one game if not two last year. That's infuriating to see as a fan.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They have pulled all those offers (you aren't the only person they came after) when they learned about 6/5/24. It's like an NFL team refusing to trade for a player when they know their club is about to waive them anyway.

I still kept my windbreaker.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Appreciate the answer.

A winning season can span the range of 7-6 with a meaningless bowl victory or 10-3 and a NYD bowl victory over a top 10/15 opponent.

If he finishes 7-5, he'd own a losing record over the 3 years. If he goes 8-4, he'd be one game over a .500 W/L margin.

Beyond W/L, the only real thing I am looking to see is if he cuts out the self-enforced errors. It's astounding to me how many games special teams has cost us this past year...and instead of at least offering token gestures to the fan base and firing the asst who was responsible for it (as even the smallest measure of enforcing accountability), he continues with the same system in place that directly cost us one game if not two last year. That's infuriating to see as a fan.
If somehow he manages to go 8-4 this season, he's getting a 4th season.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Yes, if the team looks like they are ascending.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
If somehow he manages to go 8-4 this season, he's getting a 4th season.

There's no doubt that next year's schedule is brutal; but future schedules aren't getting any easier with the SEC becoming a lot more competitive with the additions of Texas and Oklahoma.

scUM, Kentucky, LSU, and f$u will all be breaking in new QBs next year...and 3 of those 4 games are at home (which makes a difference in expected spread).

An average coach goes 2-2 in games that could go either way. Napier's been distinctly average thus far...and going 2-2 in that stretch is more of the same IMO.

To actually show he's improving, I don't think asking for 3 wins out of 4 among those opponents is unreasonable in Year 3.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
scUM, Kentucky, LSU, and f$u will all be breaking in new QBs next year...and 3 of those 4 games are at home (which makes a difference in expected spread).

Kentucky has broken in new QBs the last 2 years & handled us. We’ve been Career Day for every QB we play. That has to change.

Winning all 4 of those games would show progress. Gotta see it, can’t predict it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
      Members
      Latest member
      TheFoodGator