The Dominant 20: Best teams of last 20 years

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They werent that good, and they played NO ONE. And Zook was that terrible.

They adjusted and picked on our injured OL, sucessfully, to their credit, and SOS was still stubbornly refusing to ise the shotgun.

No, it was the Big Eight the year before. First year of the Big 12.

And they played NO ONE.

08 Florida would beat 95 Nebraska in a laugher.

01 Miami was a scary talented team. That and some of the Bammer teams would be my biggest fear.
They're not very good and then you proceed to point to all the ways they exploited our weaknesses.

We had minus-28 yards rushing for the evening. Has that ever happened to Spurrier team, with or without Zook effing things up on the defensive signals?

That IS the definition of a great team. Even if they are from the Big 12.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They're not very good and then you proceed to point to all the ways they exploited our weaknesses.
Blah blah blah. Our weaknesses were well known. Minus rushing ia called lotsa sacks.

Nebraska was one twisted ankle (or agg battery) away from being less than UNC. Totally one dimensional offense.

I guess you can try to blow them up to make it seem like less of a loss but that game was a total failure by our coaching staff, not thw result of meeting some incredible team.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Blah blah blah. Our weaknesses were well known. Minus rushing ia called lotsa sacks.

Nebraska was one twisted ankle (or agg battery) away from being less than UNC. Totally one dimensional offense.

I guess you can try to blow them up to make it seem like less of a loss but that game was a total failure by our coaching staff, not thw result of meeting some incredible team.
Actually Elijah Williams did have a stellar six yards on six carries for a 1.0 average. Three of those and you're fourth-and-seven all night.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
And they played NO ONE.

They beat the number two team in the country by 38 and you are so wrong. 95 was the last year of the Big 8 and they beat 4 teams that were in the final top ten poll.

You're drunk again.

Epic fail.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You (and Asssquathc) werent even a an itch in your daddies crotch yet and you are parroting what others have told you about a team YOUVE never even saw. Frankly I dont give a damn about your "opinion".

You know as much about 95 Nebraska as I know about Jimmy Dubose.

Stfu and let 78 be the wrong one.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

We had minus-28 yards rushing for the evening. Has that ever happened to Spurrier team, with or without Zook effing things up on the defensive signals?

That IS the definition of a great team. Even if they are from the Big 12.

He is so wrong. It was still the Big 8. He has no idea was he's talking about.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How old were you in 1995, boy?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
You (and Asssquathc) werent even a an itch in your daddies crotch yet and you are parroting what others have told you about a team YOUVE never even saw. Frankly I dont give a damn about your "opinion".

I laughed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_DuBose

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I laughed.
I respect 78s opinion. He is wrong but he has come to grips with that on many other subjects.

I find it hilarious that someone who was either not alive or who was watching fvkking Sesame Street thinks he has an opinion.

The only good thing related to that game was it made it impossible for dvmbfvkk Fooley to force SOS to promote Zook back to DC.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

LOL. Keep sloshing em down. We played TF in high school. Joe Kinnan's teams were nasty back then. They had kids going to D-I schools every year. I'm 0-2 vs Tommie.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If you're trolling...I admit...you got me.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I respect 78s opinion. He is wrong but he has come to grips with that on many other subjects.

I find it hilarious that someone who was either not alive or who was watching fvkking Sesame Street thinks he has an opinion.

The only good thing related to that game was it made it impossible for dvmbfvkk Fooley to force SOS to promote Zook back to DC.

Zook was a disaster across the board at UF. A sign of things to come from Foley.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My pro-Husker comments here already have me in danger of entering the nutswinger zone.

How could I face the wrath or humiliation?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I don’t think the fact that we held OU’s 60 point a game offense to 14 points can be emphasized enough. 14!
Sam Bradford still can't believe it

giphy.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No Im in a dislike war with you. Returning the favor.

Sorry I was giving you too much credit. The first Big 12 game had one of the gutsiest calls I have ever seen when the Longhorns went for it on 4th down. That helped the Gators that year.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
95 Nebraska wasnt that great. Zook's (and Bobby Pruitt's) defense was just that bad. Turns out you cant have the strong safety cover the keek and toss... or something like that. I forget what they did but Nebraska figured out we werent sound against some formations.

Agreed. We started out well in that game. 2 and 3 step drops with quick passes worked very well in the 1st quarter but then SOS started having Danny take 5 step drops trying to throw the ball deeper and our OL couldn’t keep Nebraska’s defense at bay long enough for Danny to get the ball out. Had we kept throwing quick passes and gotten better effort and performance from our D it’s a completely different ball game. Once Neb. got the lead things snowballed out of control. We could have legitimately won that game no doubt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How old were you in 1995, Trex?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We were up 10-6 after two or three possessions and I remember thinking they can't stop our passing game. Sheez, was I wrong.

Nebraska stuffed the run and dared Wuerffel to beat them through the air, something no other team had the balls to do. Then they bullrushed, they blitzed and they made a living in our backfield. I don't think I've ever been more frustrated over a UF effort. By the fourth quarter, you could sense quit in our guys.

Calling them "not that great" is like calling Obama not that liberal. They were a flipping juggernaut that evening.

If you recall the SECCG against Ark that year, I believe that was where the blue print for beating us was designed. I remember sitting there and thinking that a team with real talent all-out blitzing DW and hitting him every play would be a nightmare. He left that game beaten to a pulp, and Nebraska had their game plan.

I won’t diminish that ‘95 team. It was a definite top 5 with a real argument for the best. But I agree that Spurrier’s stubbornness was a huge factor and Zook has an entire career resume that says he’s simply not cut out to be a DC or implement a defensive game plan. As great as they were, we had no business losing like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator