The Experts have spoken.........

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The argument is invalid because if we beat fsu and bama, it wont be with more fau offensive performances. It will be because we played well on both sides of the ball, and that will be enough to be in. I mean lets be real here, weve only faced 1 decent team since treon took over, and we lost to them. The 4 wins we eeked out with him were against disasters. If we win against the next 2 teams who are decent ones, it wont be without playing well on offense.

All that being said, we aren't going to b/c we are abismal on offense right now and thats not going to change in a week. We can beat fsu because its a home game, a rivalry game, and they are decent but not real good. However, we dont beat bama playing the way weve been playing, anything less than a complete team performance would end up the same as last season when we played them.

Why we are even worried about the playoff when there are more than 4 teams better than we are right now is silly to me. If we play the way we have been playing to this point, we aren't one of the best 4 teams. And if we end up 12-1 and SEC champs, its because we played infinitely better and at that point are one of the best 4. Either way, we will be playing in a bowl we are deserving of, lets just stop with all the sky-is-falling garbage that we go 12-1 and get shafted. That crap is what noles do, and for good reason.

This +1000. We are not going to get to the playoffs with this offense. And that's because we won't beat both of these teams with this offense.

If we beat both of these teams it's because we had a miraculous around on offense. Which means we are in. It's really silly to say that we are one of the top 4 to 6 teams in the nation right now.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Other than pundits slobbering Bama because of their love affair with Satan, the pendulum is starting to swing on the SEC nationally; lots of SEC bashing going on. The Bottom Ten has the entire SEC East in the #5 position this week.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC basically is Bama and a bunch of mediocre teams right now. The entire east is below mediocre.

I don't think we get in even if we miraculously win our next two games (isn't happening), unless there are some big upsets.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I say lets just take it one game at a time! We win and the rest will take care of itself. I think with a win over 2 top 15 teams in the last 2 weeks of the season would shut the "experts" up

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
OK, one comment on their "expertise"...

Even if Michigan beats OSU, under what scenario would they then play Iowa for a Big 10 title? Are they saying that MSU would lose to PSU and then does the Big 10 still have their weird rule that instead of head-to-head for tie breaker, the team that has NOT been to the title game the most recently gets the tie breaker?

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This +1000. We are not going to get to the playoffs with this offense. And that's because we won't beat both of these teams with this offense.

If we beat both of these teams it's because we had a miraculous around on offense. Which means we are in. It's really silly to say that we are one of the top 4 to 6 teams in the nation right now.

I could argue we are not even top 20.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If ND beat Stanford they might leave us out if it was Ole Miss we beat in the SECCG but I doubt we would get left out if it was Bama we beat.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think we'll see the same offense this week. I could very well be wrong, but I think Mac's been holding back.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Believing any form of mass media reporting :lmao:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All the conjecture will be answered Saturday. We will see if the Gators are a Top 10 Team.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
OK, one comment on their "expertise"...

Even if Michigan beats OSU, under what scenario would they then play Iowa for a Big 10 title? Are they saying that MSU would lose to PSU and then does the Big 10 still have their weird rule that instead of head-to-head for tie breaker, the team that has NOT been to the title game the most recently gets the tie breaker?

No. Michigan has one conference loss as does Michigan State. If Michigan beats OSU and Mich. State loses to PSU, Michigan goes to the Big 10 title game as a one conference loss team vs. Mich. State being a 2 conference loss team.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Beat both of those teams and we are in, especially beating the #2 team in the nation right before the final selection. And it wouldn't matter how we beat them. If we suck as bad as the "experts" say we are, we should get curb stomped.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I still say we'll get ****ed in the poop chute if we do finish 12-1. They'll put in a one loss ND or Big 12 ahead of us.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
First of all I would not call Golic and Greenberg experts at anything other than being a blowbag behind the microphone. I guy that played at ND and the other one that would have been lucky to be an equipment manager. They're full of it. UF wins out and they're in.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Everything will change this weekend anyway. There could easily be a wild swing if SC upsets Clemson, NC State upsets UNC, and on and on. Every year the media plays with the scenarios, projecting all sorts of drama but it rarely unfolds as they expect.

My hope is there will be ample pressure to develop an 8-team playoff, which would be far more worthwhile. #5 or #6 may have a legit claim. #9 or #10 never will. I'd like to see 8 teams with round #1 being at the higher seed's home field before Christmas.

And yes, if our Gators beat F$U and Bama there is NO WAY they won't be in the playoff. The only way an SEC champion misses this year is if Bama loses to Auburn AND UF loses to F$U and/or Ole Miss. But even then things could easily work out to open a spot for a 2-loss team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Sorry boys, UF limps into a bowl game 10-3... with treon "I'm so damn short couldn't see Lew Alcindor running a post pattern & slow delivery & moon ball passes" harris plus bad O-line & no fg kicker, you cant beat talented teams.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
why even waste your time getting upset over talking heads? Especially mike and mike who are possibly the 2 worst in the business...they have no clue what the committee is going to do and neither does anyone else. I won't follow the weekly committee rankings until the last one...they proved last year that their rankings are a complete joke when they moved TCU out for ohio state

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Everything will change this weekend anyway. There could easily be a wild swing if SC upsets Clemson, NC State upsets UNC, and on and on. Every year the media plays with the scenarios, projecting all sorts of drama but it rarely unfolds as they expect.

My hope is there will be ample pressure to develop an 8-team playoff, which would be far more worthwhile. #5 or #6 may have a legit claim. #9 or #10 never will. I'd like to see 8 teams with round #1 being at the higher seed's home field before Christmas.

And yes, if our Gators beat F$U and Bama there is NO WAY they won't be in the playoff. The only way an SEC champion misses this year is if Bama loses to Auburn AND UF loses to F$U and/or Ole Miss. But even then things could easily work out to open a spot for a 2-loss team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the 8 team deal is out at least until the TV contract ends which is years from now. I basically agree we are in pretty much if we beat FSU and Bama but you do have a bunch of talking heads (even SEC network ones) saying we could possibly be left out for ND in that scenario if they beat Stanford because their overall schedule is tougher (I haven't really looked at their schedule to compare) and they lost to the top ranked team in a very close game. What I think will happen is ND loses to Stanford after watching ND play lately and that will 100% guarantee there is no argument whatsoever if we win our last 2 games.

Edit: With Navy and Pitt looking like they will lose today that probably stops any chance of ND beating out a 1 loss Oklahoma or Florida for a playoff spot.

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Thank you TCU for taking care of Baylor. Now, let's go Stanford and OK State. It would also be nice to see Penn State pull an upset of Michigan State but ND and Oklahoma losing are really more key for us. Depending on how this weekend shakes, it may turn out that an unbeaten Iowa winning the Big 10 would be in our best interests as that would mean either Michigan State, OSU or Michigan would join the 2 loss (3 losses in Michigan's case) club and we want as few one loss teams as possible fighting for the last one or two spots in the playoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator