"The fringe of the fanbase."

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we don't make noise, they'll just keep this loser forever.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If we only win 6 games next year he's gone. Its unfathomable that we have fans that think he'll still be here after whats happened so far with a 6 win season added on top. Unfathomable.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I think I read someone post it was a marketing job for Butters. I agree with that comment. The whole "he's taken the program to new heights" BS? Dude, give me a break.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we only win 6 games next year he's gone. Its unfathomable that we have fans that think he'll still be here after whats happened so far with a 6 win season added on top. Unfathomable.

Exactly - he should be gone with 4 losses next season if this isnt a top 5 SEC recruiting class.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, it is what it is. The offense has been lousy, looking at the numbers and with my eyes. The recruiting results, so far, have been sub-par. I do hope for the best but time will tell. Though as much as it will pain many, I kinda agree with bowl-cut, he could probably only win six games next year and he ain't going anywhere. Knowing that, I just don't see the reasons to keep repeating the same things over and over for another year.

I guarantee that if he only gets six wins next year...he'll get axed.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Have to admit I pressed STOP as soon as I heard Jeff Cardozo's voice. Nothing against Jeff, but I will trust my own 2 objective eyes vs. a guy who I think knows very little not to mention he has to work with Butters in a certain capacity. Not usual for a guy to slam a guy if a portion of his income is dependent upon said person. So I expect nothing more in that sound beyond genuflecting!
Most of these guys are nutswingers for every coaching staff. They only become critical AFTER the bum is finally fired. Cardozo is just an example, add Dooley, Spivey, Redman, Beard, blah blah blah. AND, most want money just to read and listen to their blather.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Funny he blames fooley. All he did was praise him until he left. I have a hunch the same will be done for Mac, and the next guy, and the next...

:scratchchin:
That's par for the course for these clowns. Dooley is a great example. Such things as Fooley did a fantastic job but did let the facilities go...
I've heard both versions of this story, that it was Grier and his dad making demands or Mac just wanted him gone. All I know is we have had the worst luck with QB's since Tebow left. No doubt Grier will light it up next year at West Virginia. I'm just tired of us losing good QB's and they go to another school and do great. Brissett, Newton, more than likely Grier and he'll didn't Driskel have an ok year once he left. I guess we don't have to worry about Treon doing anything, but anyways God I wish we still had Grier. Trash, Franks, Allan, hopefully one of these pans out.
I happen to believe Grier's statement. It was right in line with the way he treated Grier vs Treon. He went out of his way to push Treon on the program, was always saying things like, yeah, he drops by my office and we talk...and everybody with a hint of brains could see Treon couldn't carry his jock in the passing game. You follow up with the way he pushed that rag arm Luke on us, his unwillingness to try the Frosh no matter how bad AA is, this guy is a major fiasco.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Just a small fyi, on Swamp Gas, which is basically the equivalent of the Nazi propaganda machine...they have a poll about the general sentiment of the football program. No lie...it was 59/41 - positive to negative. 41% on the biggest pumper site out there. Seriously, that's bad. The pumpers on there were absolutely shocked.

The noise is real. And warranted. The product on the field is awful.
I would believe those results the same as the Clinton/Trump polls and for the same reason. Dooley was spouting the same thing a week or so ago on his podcast which I faithfully listen to...don ask me why...Oh yeah, I remember, I want to know the famous person he's talked to lately is or friends with.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Top5 SEC recruitimg class?

Is that what weve fallen to? We just hope to be USC or Ole Miss some day?

Wow

Well top 5 SEC class is top 10 nationally now but it was mostly just to say any worse than that with another 4 losses should get him terminated.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
this guy is a major fiasco
He's also playing politics with players and their parents although some have a hard time believing it. Mac knows that there is a strong possibility that he will screw this job up royally which would put him in a bad position for another CFB head coaching job, but I'm pretty sure a "family friend" could hook him up with an NFL assistant's position......Grier's dad is only a HS coach I believe??

Does anyone really think Grier had the balls to demand a starting position while sitting in the middle of a one year suspension?:lmao2:
It was just too easy for Mac to take a kid in a bad position and push him out the door for his benefit while sticking us with piss poor QB play.....OR he made a horrible assessment in evaluating the future development of his 2 QB options.....In either case it makes him unsuitable to be the coach at a major program like UF......

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone really think Grier had the balls to demand a starting position while sitting in the middle of a one year suspension?:lmao2:
Yeah I do.

I believe your first paragraph is likely also though less overt. Im sure Mac just likes being around JDR. I also dont think he has a clue that he is on very thin ice. He is just shocked when he hears all the creaking. He truly believes he is doing a good enough job and thinks people dont mind blowouts. Col State didnt. Mac has been a part if some terrible programs through his 35 years of being a journeyman mediocre assistant. He is very comfortable with losing.

However, the Griers are azzholes and were from the beginning. Mac isnt a complicated Donkey. He mentioned guarantees immediately at the press conference. Honestly, this crew isnt astute enough to make up an excuse. There were rumors Grier was pynching out from the beginning, even though some of you didnt listen. Griers' handlers eventually told them to walk back the guarantee thing once they realized how bad it made them look.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
i have a hunch that he gets a 4th year regardless of his record next year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have a hunch the swamp will look like a scum rental stadium. They should have already learned that the cost of the empty seats is more than the buyout of a Dead Man Walking but they arent particularly quick on the uptake.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's also playing politics with players and their parents although some have a hard time believing it. Mac knows that there is a strong possibility that he will screw this job up royally which would put him in a bad position for another CFB head coaching job, but I'm pretty sure a "family friend" could hook him up with an NFL assistant's position......Grier's dad is only a HS coach I believe??

It was just too easy for Mac to take a kid in a bad position and push him out the door for his benefit while sticking us with piss poor QB play.....OR he made a horrible assessment in evaluating the future development of his 2 QB options.....In either case it makes him unsuitable to be the coach at a major program like UF......

The only reason I think Grier or his dad might have acted arrogant about the situation also is because his dad already showed he would put stupid mess on twitter etc. about the team.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just MHO -- essentially all his life, Grier had been showing himself superior to all competitors.
His & Dad's guarantee request was most likely for Mac to agree that if Grier showed better performance than
others, he would not be diminished by his prior poor choice which Mac wants proven to have consequences.
Plus, did Grier "pick up" that Mac was overly "connecting" to Jack del Rio's kid "? I bet it was noticeable.
Would any of you totally trust Mac to pick the rightful QB ? Especially after WG served a year's shame
suspension bringing the imposition of HC Mac being the coach who snatched the honest ongoing Gator QB
to replace him with a "caught-cheater"?

Immediately next year at WVU, we will all be able to evaluate the true worth of QB-Grier, thereby truly
evaluating Mac's ability at laser-focus on a QB's worth.??

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator