The kicking game

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
can someone explain why we need a short yardage field goal kicker (who can't even make an extra point) and a long yardage field goal kicker? Seems as though if you can go long you can go short or at least be as good as the other guy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:doh:

There is just no explanation.

I don't know what kind of "injury" Hardin has that keeps him from kicking, but allows him to come in late without even any warmups and kick a field goal.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
It's some strange issue between Mac and Hardin. Obviously Hardin should be kicking everything. I noticed Hardin got his hair cut which is probably some kind of concession on his part.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n309606 said:
:doh:

There is just no explanation.

I don't know what kind of "injury" Hardin has that keeps him from kicking, but allows him to come in late without even any warmups and kick a field goal.

Well he was kicking kickoffs, and has been since Powell got hurt against LSU, so he's not completely cold. And I'm sure he was kicking into the net on the sideline. I'm also sure that whatever injury he had earlier in the season was relatively minor and Mac was just sick of him shanking kicks.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Our kcking game is fine now. I can tell you why the dentist missed that PAT. He looked up as soon as he kicked it. No follow through and it yanked him around to shank it. dumazzzz. Hardin is fine now. That one kick is like a magic elixer.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mac was just being the coach who all recruits have that chance of playing under.??

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Isn't Hardin Grier's room mate? Does his "injury" have something to do with that.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think then Mac has an issue with him missing kicks. I think it has more to do with attitude and preparation.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n309607 said:
It's some strange issue between Mac and Hardin. Obviously Hardin should be kicking everything. I noticed Hardin got his hair cut which is probably some kind of concession on his part.

This is the answer to the mystery.

Now if we only knew what this is about. He has been jabbing Hardin for a month now and he clearly is not hurt.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Double Gator Dad;n309630 said:

Now if we only knew what this is about. He has been jabbing Hardin for a month now and he clearly is not hurt.
I can't recall a single presser since about the second week where he doesn't bust his balls to some extent. Saving the game, and possibly the season, has to have earned him some merit points I would hope.

I get the feeling Mac hates kickers. Didn't we have some actual kickers try out for the spot, and he rejected them for a frickin dental student?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Double Gator Dad;309630 said:

Not hurt. He just needs to shut his mouth and make his kicks. He's now on the right side of a new streak.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I kicker stole JMac's high school sweetheart. It's time to let it go, Coach. Time to let it go.

Hotrod

Founding Member
R.I.P.
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:whistle: We all know what the problem is.

Attachments

• conv_5212.jpg
    conv_5212.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 24

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought last week against UGA when we went for it on 4th down late in the game and comfortably ahead was the time to let the dental student get his chance at fame. Not against Vandy when it's close and the SEC East was on the line. Hardin should be our kicker for kick offs and field goals/extra points unless he gets an injury that prevents him from being able to kick again. The dental student needs to be a back up for emergencies only imnsho.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
The field goal kickers for Florida need to be better in the future than they have in the past. I'm not saying they need a kid like FSU has but they need solid kickers year in and year out and this program should be able to get them with the occasional all american mixed in.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with Scott. We tend to have lackluster kickers each year. Yeah, we had Sturgis, but once FSU went through those years of Wide Left/Right they started finding solid kickers. We should never have to worry about making FGs or Xtra pts. Never.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
It's all mental with Hardin. Dude needs to learn to "keep it in the fairway" and needs to quit trying to kick the **** out of every short to mid field goal. The kick he hit vs. Vandy was obviously money.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Doopree;n309831 said:
It's all mental with Hardin. Dude needs to learn to "keep it in the fairway" and needs to quit trying to kick the **** out of every short to mid field goal. The kick he hit vs. Vandy was obviously money.
Yeah, that was without a doubt his best looking kick yet. Hit it with power right down the middle and there was no doubt, even before it reached the endzone, that it was going in

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I was a kicker in HS. Never missed a FG. It is all above the shoulders.........That make to win a game will do wonders for our boy,

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n309606 said:

That injury seems to have been mental, sir. Kid's dragging a howitzer for kick-offs, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator