The Ladies of Three's Company

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We've done Gilligan's Island over and over, we've debated Morticia versus Lily, let's take a stab at Three's Company.

Rank 'em based on their appearances and character personalities when the series was filmed (not their real lives or how they aged):

Chrissy Snow--Suzanne Somers

Cindy Snow--Jenilee Harrison

Terri Alden--Priscilla Barnes

Janet Wood--Joyce DeWitt

Just so the thread isn't entirely sexist, you can also discuss John Ritter's brilliant and underappreciated physical comedy skills. His pratfalls were great. Reminded me of Dick Van Dyke.

The show is a bit of a time capsule. It was ludicrous for a guy to be living with two girls when I first watched the show in syndication and then a few short years later, I was living with two girls in Gainesville while going to law school. It wasn't common, but it wasn't crazy or anything. Now, the show is objectionable because Jack had to pretend to be gay and all the stereotypes that go along with that. At the time, they show was considered enlightened. Also...clothes, the way people talked, the general poorness, living with 2 roommates as working adults, not having cars, no cable, no answering machines much less cell phones (which would have solved 98.7% of their problems), etc. Plus some weird Hollywood artifacts. You really notice now that the girls, all of them, ALWAYS wore pantyhose (even in their pajamas) but they didn't always wear bras. I think it might have been a standards and practices thing. Wonder Woman, Daisy Duke, you'd even see women in bathing suits sunning themselves wearing hose. Says something about the era these shows were made.

But mostly this is strictly for the prurient.

I like Cindy.

iu

Alex.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
1697508682683.jpeg

You missed a lady :lol:

I loved the show but not so much after Chrissy was replaced.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator