The Most Improved Gator

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
The season's almost over and CDM and the players left us with a lot of reasons to be optimistic going into next season.
We saw improvement across the board with every position group. This team is getting better and I'm loving every minute of it.
With that being said, we had some fantastic individual performers. And I want to know who you guys think was the most improved player from last year to this.

I'm going with Chauncey Gardner-Johnson. That dude couldn't tackle anyone last year. I actually thought he could potentially lose his starting job this year. But man, this guy has been impressive all year. With the exception of Polite, he was hands down our most consistent defender. So much so that I wish he'd stay another year. Last year I would've given anything to get rid of this non tackling, loud mouthed, front-runner. But he has completely changed my view on him.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Me.

The Blood Pressure is down dramatically.

The dog and wife are much happier these days too.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
On the flip side, would like to see vast improvement from DT Slaton between now and Spring Game. Improve fitness, technique, commitment and attitude.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Great question and lots of good stories to consider.

I’ve got to go with Franks. We all knew everything hinged on getting at least decent play out of him and we all wondered if that was even possible. He started every game, was at least average if not above average. He has performed better than any QB post Tebow. He has made steady progress throughout the season & his second half performances vs. SC and F$U were strong. Given his HS/raw experience coming in plus a horrible year & a half under Mac, this was a huge step up.

Honorable mentions go to Polite & Chauncey.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The offensive line as a unit improved quite a bit. Was actually a strength this year

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Honorable Mention - The uniform guy. For hiding/burning those gimmicy green unis this season.

I'm really glad they didn't show up.

After Mullen's press conference early on, I thought he would be going nuts with the unis but other than that white helmet appearance, the Gators were quite gorgeous in the traditional unis.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Fred Johnson couldn't block ANYONE at the start of the year....has put together a few pretty good games lately.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Special Teams and S&C

Then OL

Franks...he sucked soo bad last year.

And LB

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On the flip side, would like to see vast improvement from DT Slaton between now and Spring Game. Improve fitness, technique, commitment and attitude.

I agree and I think we will see the improvement from he and Conliffe. They both saw their playing time diminish significantly this year even though they were supposed to break out in 2018.
Lots of potential with limited motivation

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Entire O line. We haven't bashed them since about week 4. Towards the end of the year they were actually one of the better team units. Unbelievable, dang near magical job that was done there.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How do you argue with this? You can't.
c01ec7341e08f9f2388a17718f9d1381.jpg

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
How do you argue with this? You can't.
c01ec7341e08f9f2388a17718f9d1381.jpg

No idea. Franks is the most improved player by far. But FDS is tough to admit and beat. It’s a 12 step program. I had FDS. I’ll admit it. Which is the first step. I’m also over it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No idea. Franks is the most improved player by far. But FDS is tough to admit and beat. It’s a 12 step program. I had FDS. I’ll admit it. Which is the first step. I’m also over it.
I'm midway through. Let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator