The Muschamp Clause

Dec 10, 2014
divits;n256715 said:
PDS seems to remember that discussion a little differently. Let's review...

I asked why we couldn't have implemented a non compete in Muschamp's contract.

PDS haughtily pulls out the, "I'm a badass lawyer (one of only 1.2 million in the US) and I know that non competes just don't happen in the SEC. Besides, you can't enforce a non-compete if you fire someone."

Then he is shown that in fact Arkansas had a non-compete with Brett Bielema.

So our esteemed jurist says, "Yeah....well...you still can't enforce a non-compete if you fire someone!"

Then I link him case law showing just the opposite.

This really gets his indignant badass lawyer feathers in a ruffle as he starts throwing out invectives and over the top eye rolling because ....well....he's a badass lawyer and all and he KNOWS sh!t. He says this is the big leagues and these guys don't play dat.

To which I reply that though that may be true, contracts are evolving all the time and colleges are getting sick of being on the hook to college coaches and are starting to negotiate more restrictive contracts such as the one we just did with McElwain. And just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean it can't be done. In fact, college football coaches seem to be the only profession in which this hasn't been prevalent but the tide is starting to turn. https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/08/next_big_thing_will_more_coach.html

To which we are treated to more "I'm a lawyer!" chest pounding and other various arrogant blather.

Yet this isn't a non-compete clause genius. It's simply a salary offset, and it's only for 90 days. :thumbup:

And you were completely wrong about Bielema. All you have is "i'm right because I say i'm right."

Keep trying. Or actually don't. You're :kiffin: the bed badly. You tuck that little hardon you have for me. It's getting shameful.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n256715 said:
PDS seems to remember that discussion a little differently. Let's review...

PDS haughtily pulls out the, "I'm a badass lawyer (one of only 1.2 million in the US) and I know that non competes just don't happen in the SEC. Besides, you can't enforce a non-compete if you fire someone."

Then he is shown that in fact Arkansas had a non-compete with Brett Bielema.

So our esteemed jurist says, "Yeah....well...you still can't enforce a non-compete if you fire someone!"

Then I link him case law showing just the opposite.

This really gets his indignant badass lawyer feathers in a ruffle as he starts throwing out invectives and over the top eye rolling because ....well....he's a badass lawyer and all and he KNOWS sh!t. He says this is the big leagues and these guys don't play dat.

To which I reply that though that may be true, contracts are evolving all the time and colleges are getting sick of being on the hook to college coaches and are starting to negotiate more restrictive contracts such as the one we just did with McElwain. And just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean it can't be done. In fact, college football coaches seem to be the only profession in which this hasn't been prevalent but the tide is starting to turn. https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/08/next_big_thing_will_more_coach.html

To which we are treated to more "I'm a lawyer!" chest pounding and other various arrogant blather.

PDS turned over a new leaf.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n256760 said:
Yet this isn't a non-compete clause genius. It's simply a salary offset, and it's only for 90 days. :thumbup:

And you were completely wrong about Bielema. All you have is "i'm right because I say i'm right."

Keep trying. Or actually don't. You're :kiffin: the bed badly. You tuck that little hardon you have for me. It's getting shameful.

So do you practice straw man law?

I never said McElwain's contract was a non compete. I said it was more restrictive than other coaching contracts we have had.

How was I wrong about Bielema? https://arkansasnews.com/sports/bielema-inks-new-deal

"A non-compete clause with other Southeastern Conference schools is part of the deal, as well. The stipulation of the clause is Bielema cannot leave Arkansas for another job in the SEC. His assistant coaches who signed new deals earlier this year had similar prohibitions."

And your last sentence is pretty indicative of most of your arguments. When faced with your own misplaced arrogance your fall back is to puff yourself up by claiming victory and talking about hardons (what's up with that?). And if you take the time and look back at every encounter I've had with you here you'll see that the only time I've ever engaged you is when you attempt to call me out. It's like your a masochist or something.

Dec 10, 2014
divits;n256780 said:
So do you practice straw man law?

I never said McElwain's contract was a non compete. I said it was more restrictive than other coaching contracts we have had.

How was I wrong about Bielema? https://arkansasnews.com/sports/bielema-inks-new-deal

"A non-compete clause with other Southeastern Conference schools is part of the deal, as well. The stipulation of the clause is Bielema cannot leave Arkansas for another job in the SEC. His assistant coaches who signed new deals earlier this year had similar prohibitions."

And your last sentence is pretty indicative of most of your arguments. When faced with your own misplaced arrogance your fall back is to puff yourself up by claiming victory and talking about hardons (what's up with that?). And if you take the time and look back at every encounter I've had with you here you'll see that the only time I've ever engaged you is when you attempt to call me out. It's like your a masochist or something.

:doh:

divits;n256780 said:

divits;n256715 said:

:headscratch:

So what are you pumping your chest about? That nothing has changed from what I originally said?

As to Bielema. Thanks for proving my point in the old thread and again ...
divits;n256780 said:
The stipulation of the clause is Bielema cannot leave Arkansas for another job in the SEC. His assistant coaches who signed new deals earlier this year had similar prohibitions."

We have never been talking about people leaving on their own volition. We have been talking about firing.

divits;n256780 said:
And your last sentence is pretty indicative of most of your arguments.

:wobble:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
popcorn_yes.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Where's law? We need his two cents on this.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n256793 said:
:doh:

:headscratch:

So what are you pumping your chest about? That nothing has changed from what I originally said?

As to Bielema. Thanks for proving my point in the old thread and again ...

We have never been talking about people leaving on their own volition. We have been talking about firing.

:wobble:

Seriously, WTF are you talking about? Is following the context of a conversation that difficult for you? It must be. You mix and match totally different conversations and their context in a lame attempts to obfuscate.

As for Bielama, you said there were no non competes in the SEC. You were flat wrong. Again. Just like you were flat wrong about not being able to enforce a non compete if you fire someone.

So continue to fill yourself with false bravado. It's pretty transparent and you're really not fooling anyone. But I'm done subjecting the rest of the board to our catfight so I'll just I look forward to more emotes from you "proving" your manhood.

:hehehe:

Dec 10, 2014
divits;n256848 said:
Seriously, WTF are you talking about? Is following the context of a conversation that difficult for you? It must be. You mix and match totally different conversations and their context in a lame attempts to obfuscate.

As for Bielama, you said there were no non competes in the SEC. You were flat wrong. Again. Just like you were flat wrong about not being able to enforce a non compete if you fire someone.

So continue to fill yourself with false bravado. It's pretty transparent and you're really not fooling anyone. But I'm done subjecting the rest of the board to our catfight so I'll just I look forward to more emotes from you "proving" your manhood.

:hehehe:

8VBs7ho.gif

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n256852 said:

I distinctly said, "....more emotes proving your manhood." That's a gif. But it'll do.

Dec 10, 2014
divits;n256857 said:
I distinctly said, "....more emotes proving your manhood." That's a gif. But it'll do.

I hope nobody tries to prove their "manhood" on a message board. I'm sure not. I just posted the gif that I felt was most reflective how you look in attempting to argue with me.

:wobble: = you

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n256894 said:
I hope nobody tries to prove their "manhood" on a message board. I'm sure not. I just posted the gif that I felt was most reflective how you look in attempting to argue with me.

:wobble: = you

How do I equal divits???

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator