The National Signing Day Thread

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I get the feeling depth chart is very important to him.
There could be some truth to this. I certainly got the feeling he didn't want competition and the idea of another QB being brought into this class enraged him. I detest that attitude and want competitive players.

If that's the case, then going to Ole Miss made perfect sense. I'd be surprised if their recruiting class was in the top 80 this year.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It makes sense that he isnt coming here to run the option. It doesnt make sense that he committed to ole piss. You would think he could have chosen just about anywhere to go to. Something is up.

Ah I see. It is odd but maybe he will go anywhere that he could start day 1 :dunno:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
TJ McCoy tweeted at Fields last night with an image that’s been deleted. But basically shows the team no longer has confidence in Franks to get the job done.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is what happens when you find yourself in a bass boat at a scarab race. Corral was a fish out of water.

Keep fishing till you get it right.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
TJ McCoy tweeted at Fields last night with an image that’s been deleted. But basically shows the team no longer has confidence in Franks to get the job done.

I'm hanging on to the feeling that Fields wants to come here but wasn't confident in Mac and his system. He made it a priority to leave FSU early to be at Florida's Friday night lights. Now with Corral leaving this class, there is no certain future at the QB spot. Fields would start day one and be the most exciting thing here since Tebow. If he goes to Georgia, he'll be riding the bench for 2-3 years. Florida has to be intriguing to him.

Last edited:

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I love Ahmad, but what competition was he referring to?
Assuming there are no transfers (which we know will not be the case, there will be attrition at QB), Florida's depth chart is loaded with QB's;
Zaire (probably gone)
Trask
Allen
Franks

Even if Corral honored his commitment to Florida, there is no question that Mullen would've brought on an additional QB, most likely from the JUCO level. That would place 6 QBs on Florida's roster and while the talent isn't necessarily there, that's a lot of bodies with in game experience for an incoming freshman to "compete" against. Shea Patterson is attempting to transfer to Michigan, which leaves the cupboard totally bare at QB and with the imposed sanctions, no QB worth their salt will even look Ole Miss' way.

It's clear, based off of the lack of interest from other schools in Corral and his commitment to Ole Miss, that he took the easiest path to starting at QB on day one.

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know this is been said many many times but it seems like Corral leaving is a result of one of two things: Either he didn't want us (or DM) or Coach didn't want him.

Does anyone else find it strange that he didn't write a letter and post it on Twitter like all the other kids that decommit from schools seem to be doing now... I want to thank the University of Florida... want to thank the coaches and those who have believed in and recruited me... After much prayer... after talking with my family... I feel that is my best interest to decommit from the University of Florida... and commit to...

I know that that is not the written rule that you have to do that, but it seems like that's what all the kids are doing now. And with as social media-focused as Corral is, it seems weird to me that he did not do this. Seems a little like Coach told him he didn't want him and he's a little butthurt.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know this is been said many many times but it seems like Corral leaving is a result of one of two things: Either he didn't want us (or DM) or Coach didn't want him.

Please tell us you didn't stay up all night thinking that up.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
That's what you gotta love about recruiting....a QB recruit seems very committed to a coach and system that has been TERRIBLE developing the QB and HORRENDOUS offensively for 3 years.

A new coach comes with a great reputation of producing and developng good QBs and the recruit leaves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.