The National Signing Day Thread

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I didn't get that OSU was backing off Jones for awhile from that article at all. Jones was Meyer's chosen one in this class and he basically forced their hand to go after another guy so they weren't left empty handed.

I don't remember if this was in that article or another but I thought it was funny that Meyer was upset that Jones didn't shut down his recruitment after committing to OSU. Just goes to show what he expects when he goes hard after a recruit and thinks he got them.

The OSU writer's a more or less sugar-coating it (a la Franz Beard style) to suggest that OSU/Meyer "backed off"....because Jones was backing off. Sort of, "You can't quit because you're fired!"

It seems w/ Jones flirtation w/ Bama & Auburn, OSU/Meyer saw the writing on the wall (that he was looking elsewhere). They already have 3 scholarship QBs returning next year, so to say they "wanted" 2 QBs in this class is a stretch. But having 5 scholarship QBs is not unusual, just not common (UGA has 2 returning next year, if Eason doesn't transfer). The kid they got from Texas is only a 1 year starter (but they're playing for a Texas state championship) and a 3-star....and he's a pocket-passer, not a spread QB. He could be their Brantley, but w/ a lower star rating.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Are you joking? Dude is quoting someone else and attributing it to me. AT least get my negativity right.
REX, you're know you're my favorite poster, but you can't be a Debbie Downer 24/7 on a coach that has been here for two damn weeks and not expect some pushback. ltraz is getting the same pushback.

You're a big boy and can handle it. I have total faith in you.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't get that OSU was backing off Jones for awhile from that article at all. .
Yeah they backed off a 5/4.5 star QB to offer a 3 star on Dec 7. WDWHA... right.

Im sure they began making other options when he wouldnt stop visiting and Bammer went all in on him, but to the extent that "backing off him" implies THEY were tue reason fornthe split, that is silly.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Yeah they backed off a 5/4.5 star QB to offer a 3 star on Dec 7. WDWHA... right.

Im sure they began making other options when he wouldnt stop visiting and Bammer went all in on him, but to the extent that "backing off him" implies THEY were tue reason fornthe split, that is silly.
It’s a little more than backing off though, they just stopped being confident. It’s been known jones was looking to flip for awhile, most assuming Bama would be his landing spot since they were going very hard for him. They got another qb because they didn’t have confidence in keeping him. OSU board says they were contacting him after his visit trying to keep him, but they conceded to the fact it wasn’t going to happen. But I mean, it could go both ways I guess. But i bet they’d rather keep jones then the CSU kid

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't get that OSU was backing off Jones for awhile from that article at all. Jones was Meyer's chosen one in this class and he basically forced their hand to go after another guy so they weren't left empty handed.

I don't remember if this was in that article or another but I thought it was funny that Meyer was upset that Jones didn't shut down his recruitment after committing to OSU. Just goes to show what he expects when he goes hard after a recruit and thinks he got them.

I think part of it was that Meyer wasn't even recruiting him until Jones actually approached OSU. He told them he'd always been an OSU fan and if they weren't set on a QB yet to please give him a look. So OSU did and gave him an offer. I think Meyer feels like WTF, this kid came to us and now he's dumping us? He's pissed he put his eggs in the Jones basket and thought they were safe because Jones came to him not the other way around. Such are the perils of dealing with 17 y/o kids. I for one am loving seeing Meyer get screwed.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
REX, you're know you're my favorite poster, but you can't be a Debbie Downer 24/7 on a coach that has been here for two damn weeks and not expect some pushback. ltraz is getting the same pushback.

You're a big boy and can handle it. I have total faith in you.

Pushback is one thing. Straight misquoting me and the personal **** is uncalled for. It's the same formula for years...say some factoid about head coach that a poster doesn't like...so that poster attacks the poster not the post. People can't bitch when you complain then when you compliment him they bitch then. Which is it?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Who broke up first? Jr high all over again. FEB 7TH.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Some folks need to wash the sand out of their vajayjays.

Wait you were one of the people whining about the Mullen facts. I try to compliment the guy then this classless poster ****s all over me? How much sand are you carrying btw?

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Wait you were one of the people whining about the Mullen facts. I try to compliment the guy then this classless poster ****s all over me? How much sand are you carrying btw?

Didn’t mention you by name but it sure does seem you need a bottle of water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.