The Obligatory Thread: Uniform

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Really...LSU in Purple, Bama in Deep Red, Auburn...?

And what about those hideous Gray/Green Lizard Uniforms?

What?...Nike/Jordan can't come up with a Deep Blue "Dry Fit" that doesn't look like the1970's Denver Broncos?

I claim FUCHING BS

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing. That's just been the explanation I've been given. We're not supposed to be the same blue as Auburn, but we're not supposed to Uk/Boise either.

The only other school I've seen gradually changing is Lsu. They seemed to go more blue than purple toward the end of the Miles era. And the noles are less garnet and more some weird pinkish-maroon. I've heard their fans complain about that.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
LSU wears white at home. I wouldn't mind it for the blistering hot games. SEC rule is home team gets to choose. I wouldn't mind making the other team wear their dark jerseys in the broiling heat while we wore white. Miami Dolphins do it too because of the heat. Only other NFL team I can think of that does it regularly is Dallas but I think that's more about tradition than heat given they've played in a dome for a loooong time.

I recall one year, Spurrier wore white jerseys at home against LSU and made them wear their purple tops just to F with them.

Alex.

Does Auburn look washed out?...LSU?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Yeah, I'm not disagreeing. That's just been the explanation I've been given. We're not supposed to be the same blue as Auburn, but we're not supposed to Uk/Boise either.

The only other school I've seen gradually changing is Lsu. They seemed to go more blue than purple toward the end of the Miles era. And the noles are less garnet and more some weird pinkish-maroon. I've heard their fans complain about that.

LSU was originally blue

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Because back in the 30s some gay as pep squad wanted to wear a bunch of ribbons to the game but because mardi gras was coming all the colors were sold out except purple and gold.

Gay.

Really?...Mardi Gras is after Football Season

Try again

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
More importantly, I demand LSU to change their mascot! RACIST!!!!

from article linked above...

"Two years later, the school took its name from the Louisiana Tigers, referencing several companies that fought in the Civil War and were known for their rowdy ways."

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Because back in the 30s some gay as pep squad wanted to wear a bunch of ribbons to the game but because mardi gras was coming all the colors were sold out except purple and gold.

Gay.

Extraordinarily gay.

History/Rumor...one early Homecoming they ran out of blue streamers to decorate the stadium and substituted purple...It stuck

Steeped in gayness.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

"Two years later, the school took its name from the Louisiana Tigers, referencing several companies that fought in the Civil War and were known for their rowdy ways."

It already has been tried.

Did you know General Sherman was LSUs president?

Two brass cannons he used to fire on Atlanta are in front of ROTC

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Actually the Tiger Regement was very decorated.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Right back at ya.

I was told that in Grad School.

What Game is played in February?

Can you not read?

"Upon his arrival in 1893, Coates noticed the lack of athletics and hastily helped assemble a football team to play Tulane that year. When searching for colors, he went to Reymond's on the corner of Third and Main in Baton Rouge to buy colored ribbons to adorn the uniforms. The store had plenty of purple and gold but the other Mardi Gras color, green, had not arrived."

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Can you not read?

"Upon his arrival in 1893, Coates noticed the lack of athletics and hastily helped assemble a football team to play Tulane that year. When searching for colors, he went to Reymond's on the corner of Third and Main in Baton Rouge to buy colored ribbons to adorn the uniforms. The store had plenty of purple and gold but the other Mardi Gras color, green, had not arrived."

Yes I can read...but I was told a different story.

Byte me

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Yes I can read...but I was told a different story.

Byte me

But you're responding to me and the words I wrote. Are you in and out of reality, confused with which is real and which is memory (which I am probably sure if not really wanted happened either)?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
But you're responding to me and the words I wrote. Are you in and out of reality, confused with which is real and which is memory (which I am probably sure if not really wanted happened either)?

What's your issue?

Do you know where Gators and Orange and Blue came from?

And yes I read several different versions...hint Charlottesville VA

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Can you not read?

So the whole thing was thrown together like a last minute trip to the Dollar Store for a kids party. And then they just picked the most overused mascot name in history? One of the most embarrassing stories I've ever heard.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
What's your issue?

Do you know where Gators and Orange and Blue came from?

And yes I read several different versions...hint Charlottesville VA

giphy.gif

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Okay you're the best. What you found must be right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.