The Ole Ball Coach

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Is it just me or does SOS seem like he's pretty much had it? After watching his press conferences the past two weeks, he seems like he may be ready to go play golf full time, after this season. He just seems much more critical than he has been at USCe.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n64559 said:
Is it just me or does SOS seem like he's pretty much had it? After watching his press conferences the past two weeks, he seems like he may be ready to go play golf full time, after this season. He just seems much more critical than he has been at USCe.

I think he probably leaves in a year or two.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the same thing Saturday night watching the clip from his postgame presser. Physically he's still got it but not sure how much more mentally he wants to put up with it. But then again its Spurrier. He may come out this week all fired up.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to come Coach us for the next ten years.

:whistle:

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I think he just shows his feelings instead of hiding behind coachspeak and a facial mask and staged body language. . Doesn't mean he is ready to quit coaching. His reactions are pretty human. for someone who gives a crap about what he does for a living and goals for the season.( whiich crashed with that game)

If he quits, I would think it would have more to do with the SEC and NCAA politics and general direction of college football than a down year with a team.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n64673 said:
I think he just shows his feelings instead of hiding behind coachspeak. Doesn't mean he is ready to quit coaching. His reactions are pretty human. for someone who gives a crap about what he does for a living and goals for the season.

If he quits, I would think it would have more to do with the SEC and NCAA politics and general direction of college football than a down year with a team.

I think it is the politics, etc.. that is wearing him out. Coaching in this environment is extremely different then what it was a decade ago. For a guy that isn't always known as the hardest worker (even back to his NFL playing days) or a guy that likes to take his breaks the new coaching schedule is exhausting.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ironically, given the conversation Saturday, regarding his reasons for leaving Gainesville, a caller on the Brando show this morning was complaining about Spurrier's lack of recruiting, and the impact it's having. For an older coach, who's pretty set in his ways, that's the one thing you're NOT going to get from him. He didn't like recruiting when he was here, and was aided tremendously by miami's probation('94 class). His best classes at Usce were when the state produced guys like Lattimore and Clowney. Not going to happen on a consistent basis. So, yes, I do think the expectations from fans, coupled with the grind of the SEC will push him out in a few years. Then again, I thought the beating he took at our hands in 2008 would've done it.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, he's old, worn out and still far superior to anything we've had coaching our sidelines the past 4 seasons.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
G 2;n64713 said:
Yep, he's old, worn out and still far superior to anything we've had coaching our sidelines the past 4 seasons.

He won't leave because he can't win or has seen the game pass him by. He will leave because he's tired and is annually up against a wall because of who he's coaching. That challenge that I think he enjoyed early on is probably pretty frustrating at this point.

Bu yeah, he'd walk in and win 10 games with this squad tomorrow.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Watching USCe the last couple weekends, I just think man, SOS will do anything to make UGA look bad. :lol:

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n64717 said:
He won't leave because he can't win or has seen the game pass him by. He will leave because he's tired and is annually up against a wall because of who he's coaching. That challenge that I think he enjoyed early on is probably pretty frustrating at this point.

Bu yeah, he'd walk in and win 10 games with this squad tomorrow.

Dead on. It's why he left UF and it is why he will leave USC. The fan mentality that you mentioned before only fuels this but ironically is a product of his own success.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
HogtownGator;n64726 said:
Watching USCe the last couple weekends, I just think man, SOS will do anything to make UGA look bad. :lol:

Part of me wants him to stay until we can get ourselves back on solid ground. If you'd told uga fans that for at least a 4 year stretch, both UF and the vols would be down, they would've predicted multiple titles. The fact that little ole South Carolina has completely derailed their season time and again under Spurrier is awesome.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I think the frustration is with this team and/or staff. They don't play with the effort or intelligence that he expects. I didn't sense any of this in the preseason.

Odyssey2001

Aug 1, 2014
soflagator;n64739 said:
Part of me wants him to stay until we can get ourselves back on solid ground. If you'd told uga fans that for at least a 4 year stretch, both UF and the vols would be down, they would've predicted multiple titles. The fact that little ole South Carolina has completely derailed their season time and again under Spurrier is awesome.

Look I'm going to come off quite ungrateful here.....but as SC fan I wish SOS put as much into the toe stumpers every year as he does into that UGa game, which quite frankly due to Gamecocks' ineptitude has very little to do with getting to Atlanta. I know you can only get those kids up a few times a year, but year after year they lose a game to Ky, Ark or bad Auburn teams. Losing to UT last year was head scratcher, and now 2/3 at home this season.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
SOS is a Front Runner and doesn't handle losing very well.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n64946 said:
SOS is a Front Runner and doesn't handle losing very well.

Well said. Nor should any "Elite" coach.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I can not look at the SC flag and not think of the hammer and sickle of the Soviet Union. Is it just me?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think spurrier is getting old and don't really give a **** what he says. I think it's awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.