The Oxrageous Podcast - Alabama Week

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Solid podcast, pretty much agree with most of it.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Count me as one of the ones that thinks Kiffin is going to be the end of the dynasty at Bammer. I think we have a chance Saturday. Like you said, our Gators need to be near perfect to pull it off, but I think they can do it. Surely we can't have as many drops and missed opportunities again. Can we?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Podcast are good. What I'm thinking though is getting a few regulars together to watch the game, and simulcast the conversation with the game over the inter webs. Sort of like Mystery Science Theater. Screw all these talking head announcers. Lets do our own commentary.

Jake from State Farm

I'm wearing Khakis, why?
Sep 6, 2014
I think Jason is too negative.

We have a chance for the upset.

* I wonder what game Jason was watching when he said we just ran the ball in the 2nd half?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They would probably ban Jason Walker if he was talking like that on the combo pay sites.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jake from State Farm;n52483 said:
I wonder what game Jason was watching when he said we just ran the ball in the 2nd half?
We became much more run-heavy after Driskel threw that ball to no one on the sideline that was picked.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Jake from State Farm;n52483 said:
I wonder what game Jason was watching when he said we just ran the ball in the 2nd half?
We became much more run-heavy after Driskel threw that ball to no one on the sideline that was picked.
Yep one of those games you don't realize the yards after catch and the passing in OT also.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Chairman of the Naysayers, Jason Walker :lol:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n52489 said:

He threw more passes in the 2nd half than the 1st, but you know, facts.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n52495 said:

Even when not counting OT ? I knew we had more passing yards in the 2nd half but that is when we went to the heavy run package for a good bit - that is why that is sticking in people's minds. We also held the ball a lot in the 2nd half.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n52496 said:
Even when not counting OT ? I knew we had more passing yards in the 2nd half but that is when we went to the heavy run package for a good bit - that is why that is sticking in people's minds. We also held the ball a lot in the 2nd half.

20 pass attempts in the 1st half, 21 in the 2nd, 2 in overtime.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n52495 said:
And how many runs did we have in the second half compared to the first? I know you interpret every little thing as somehow an attack on the Gators, but the offense changed after Driskel threw that pick. It's not an attack, just an observation.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n52498 said:
And how many runs did we have in the second half compared to the first? I know you interpret every little thing as somehow an attack on the Gators, but the offense changed after Driskel threw that pick.

Probably more, as well, because we ran more plays in the 2nd half. We obviously went to a more run-oriented attack in the 2nd half, but it's not like we stopped throwing the ball. All but one of our touchdowns came via the air. The biggest change was we stopped throwing deep balls every other play. Regardless if you have a guy that's good at throwing those or not, they aren't exactly high-percentage passes to begin with.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Gator Fever;n52496 said:

thanks

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Gator Fever;n52496 said:

I see we actually had a little more TOP in the 1st half also.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Zambo;n52482 said:
Podcast are good. What I'm thinking though is getting a few regulars together to watch the game, and simulcast the conversation with the game over the inter webs. Sort of like Mystery Science Theater. Screw all these talking head announcers. Lets do our own commentary.

I like it!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo said:
That would be hilarious.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
oxrageous;n52498 said:
And how many runs did we have in the second half compared to the first? I know you interpret every little thing as somehow an attack on the Gators, but the offense changed after Driskel threw that pick.

Probably more, as well, because we ran more plays in the 2nd half. We obviously went to a more run-oriented attack in the 2nd half, but it's not like we stopped throwing the ball. All but one of our touchdowns came via the air. The biggest change was we stopped throwing deep balls every other play. Regardless if you have a guy that's good at throwing those or not, they aren't exactly high-percentage passes to begin with.
Well for a 3 year veteran, all HS everything resume and your receiver has cleared the DB by 1-2 steps... think that might constitute a higher percentage for a purported skill player. Anyway, my issue with Driskel is his rendition of a leper on the sideline versus being a magnet for which the battle cries rally. He's all we have realistically for an open playbook season but enough with enshrining a player with nothing in his collegiate trophy cabinet nor memorable great game against a rival. I wish the kid the best as he is from my current home town area and a Gator, but I have eyes. :rolleyes3:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo said:
That would be some funny stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.