Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I still see potential. I think a lot of our players
were full of themselves. They got their bells
rung. If you play this poorly and win by 17
it's still good. Saturday we will find out a
whole lot. I won't be surprised if we play
well and look like a much better team. There
is a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.
You don't mainly throw the ball in rain like
that. SOS made one good observation. We
got the 'W'. We will find out what we are
made of. That's what counts. I still have
high hopes. You can bet Okla Aub and LSU
wish they had our victory. The rain, first
game and lots of young guys playing in
front of about 90k were factors.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It honestly seemed like a continuation of last year. It is too early to hit the panic button.

LDR looked very average against a very bad team. The o line stunk.

Anyone saying "well look at how everyone else played in the SEC" is just trying to rationalize a poorly coached game.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
So he can leave for the NFL after this season?

Yes...though not likely in the opinion of one pro scout. Teams will want to see more than one season of consistency b4 drafting him the scout said.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
It honestly seemed like a continuation of last year. It is too early to hit the panic button.

LDR looked very average against a very bad team. The o line stunk.

Anyone saying "well look at how everyone else played in the SEC" is just trying to rationalize a poorly coached game.

What confused me - and I'm no offensive football genius - is why on that 4th and 1 they pulled Ivey instead of just pushing behind Sharpe, Ivey and Cox.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concur Lake... where's the blow them off the line heavy weight package down there.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Spot on OX, spot on. My reasoning for not going to the game last nite was that there were so many better matchups on TV that I wanted to watch. The real reason is that I only go to High School football games on Friday's, not Saturday's, and that was a high school matchup. The only thing everyone needs to stop doing is mentioning us and Alabama in the same sentence. Regardless of how you feel personally, there is only one Nick Saban. Then there is Jim Harbaugh who I think is also a great coach. Then maybe a couple more, but beyond that it is all the same. Poor game managers whose teams do not play with any sense of fundamentals. Every team has similar Jimmy's and Joe's and X's and O's. The difference is the Captain of the Ship. Less than a handful of Captain Stubbing's and mostly all Gopher's!!!!!!

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I will wait a few games in to draw my final conclusions but I was pretty disappointed. At least I won the bet about them scoring 28 or more points. Whoopie.
Congrats. Anybody would be a fool to pick Florida by 36 against anybody.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ouch. I take it you won't be doing that again anytime soon.
The past 3 years I took the points against Florida on opening day. They've covered each time. Last night, dedication of the field, let's just say I expect more. Much more.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can't disagree with you at all Ox. As much as you want to look for positives there are the negatives. Such as Mac trying to fire up the OL? You're right, if they can't get fired up, fire their azzes up at 5am to run the bleachers at SOS-FF. Or put someone else in. Motivation and Penalties were a huge part of it. And yes that can also point to lack of preparation on the staff. Whether he likes it or not LDR is going to have to be a leader so it's time to learn how to do it. He certainly has it in blood or should. It's almost as Mac needs to cage them all up during the week and not let them out until game time. Perhaps then they'll be like a pack of crazed animals. That's what we're missing, that tough relentless mentality. Many call it killer instinct.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It was like that first Christmas when all you got was clothes instead of toys.
socks.png

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
It's called Fooley and the Chump. Especially Fooley who allowed our facilities and our program to become so-so, continually wanting to cheap out and willing to settle for 2nd class. Let's put the blame where it belongs. I'll never forgive than foolish clown.
I won't seethe because I don't want to waste the energy, but his great net profit goal at the cost of program quality and funneling funds to Muscramp, do piss me off. He screwed up. I'm one of the ones glad to see him go despite his record in some of the other sports. Crap! Now I'm seething.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.