The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Man, what a great series. Both these teams are laying it all out there. Lot of respect to zona, they are an outstanding team. This one is probably going to 7.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Ben Stiller Dodgeball GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I love the sad troll attempts by braves fans who can't handle losing to a better team :lol:

If we lose tomorrow it's bc the Dbacks are the better team and deserved it. I'll tip my hat to them and root for them in the WS.

It's been a great series, both teams playing well and plenty of drama. Phils need to step it up tomorrow or they won't make it thru. Game 7 should be a great one!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I love the sad troll attempts by braves fans who can't handle losing to a better team :lol:

If we lose tomorrow it's bc the Dbacks are the better team and deserved it. I'll tip my hat to them and root for them in the WS.

It's been a great series, both teams playing well and plenty of drama. Phils need to step it up tomorrow or they won't make it thru. Game 7 should be a great one!

gonna cry tobey maguire GIF

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Most who have watched baseball a majority of their lives knows the “best team” doesn’t always win. It’s the team who’s playing better ball at that time that wins. Phillies are the better team and proved it over a 162 game season, a short 7 game series doesn’t disprove that.

Like when the Braves won it all in ‘21. Any Braves fan will tell you we were without a doubt not the best team in baseball, we just played our best ball in October (for the first time in a while).

Anywho, go Dbacks!!

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Most who have watched baseball a majority of their lives knows the “best team” doesn’t always win. It’s the team who’s playing better ball at that time that wins. Phillies are the better team and proved it over a 162 game season, a short 7 game series doesn’t disprove that.

Like when the Braves won it all in ‘21. Any Braves fan will tell you we were without a doubt not the best team in baseball, we just played our best ball in October (for the first time in a while).

Anywho, go Dbacks!!
Ahem. Freudian slip?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If the backs win, they are the better team. Saying "we lost but we're better" is called being a whiny bitch :lol:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
If the backs win, they are the better team. Saying "we lost but we're better" is called being a whiny bitch :lol:

Better known as being a “Durty” around here

Who knew upsets didn’t happen in sports and the better team always wins :dunno:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Better known as being a “Durty” around here

Who knew upsets didn’t happen in sports and the better team always wins :dunno:
its a 7 game series genius. if you cant find a way to win more than the other guy in 7 games, then you aint the better team.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
its a 7 game series genius. if you cant find a way to win more than the other guy in 7 games, then you aint the better team.

Braves/Phillies was a 5 game series. Even then, 7 games in baseball is still a very, very small sample size. You’ll be shocked once you find out how many regular season games there are

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Braves/Phillies was a 5 game series. Even then, 7 games in baseball is still a very, very small sample size. You’ll be shocked once you find out how many regular season games there are
:facepalm:

maybe we should just cancel the baseball playoffs, and all playoffs for that matter. of course, once the squaws dont end with a top record youll be whining about how they were better but had some injuries or played a harder schedule, etc.

nothing but excuses... booo hooo.....

if the phils win tonight, they were the better team, if not, they werent. if you guys want to continue to circle jerk this one, go for it.

Ive got a baseball team to coach and a team to root for after we get home from practice :grin:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

maybe we should just cancel the baseball playoffs, and all playoffs for that matter. of course, once the squaws dont end with a top record youll be whining about how they were better but had some injuries or played a harder schedule, etc.

if the phils win tonight, they were the better team, if not, they werent. if you guys want to continue to circle jerk this one, go for it.

Ive got a baseball team to coach and a team to root for after we get home from practice :grin:

Lotta words to type just to be wrong but good luck tonight!!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
If some of y’all can’t understand or recognize the randomness of not just postseason baseball but sports in general, I can’t help you. As a Braves fan I have no issue admitting we were undoubtedly not the best team in ‘21, we just got hot at the right time and had breaks go our way.

And no, I’m not salty about the Phillies beating the Braves (anymore…only lasted about a week this time). Phils are a good team and there’s no shame in losing to them.

That said, go Dbacks and/or Rangers!

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014

This is funny. You've been trolling the Braves thread hard for 10 days to a bunch thats been fans longer than you've been alive. Congrats on coaching your sons team. It's one of best memories of my life even if @Zambo thinks it's not living. Hopefully you don't have to explain
the not getting that title you promised him after the WC series.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is funny. You've been trolling the Braves thread hard for 10 days to a bunch thats been fans longer than you've been alive. Congrats on coaching your sons team. It's one of best memories of my life even if @Zambo thinks it's not living. Hopefully you don't have to explain
the not getting that title you promised him after the WC series.
I'm trolling sore losers. And for like the millionth time, if we lose tonight you won't be hearing me whine about being a better team and all the other excuses you guys make. Congrats on being old as dirt. No promises to my son, he understands that losses happen and the last thing you should do afterwards is make excuses, but you guys are the better fans and better team so go ahead and let me know how wrong I am.

:lol4:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator