The Rise/Fall of UF, USC, Miami, Alabama: Matt Hayes Mail Bonding

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Q: I keep thinking Alabama will hit the point that every team at the top hits, and eventually fall. Like USC, Miami and Florida over the years. When do you see this happening?

Our friend Matt Hayes discusses the common denominators in the recent rises and sudden falls of each program, and more, in a good short read here.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty good read.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's a pretty sharp guy. I've been saying that bama is due for a down year aswell. I think this is their 3rd offensive coordinator in 4 years. A new qb with no experience. There's pieces in place for a down year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So what's a down year for Bama? 3 losses?

He gets the #1 recruiting class every year. They are going to be tough as always.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And Kiffin may be a disaster as a HC. And as a human being. But he's a damn good OC. Guy can call a game.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bama cheats and the NCAA looks away!

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:
Bama cheats and the NCAA looks away!
Undocumented (Trent Richardson - yes, I am looking at you!), as is the case with Auburn, but entirely believable given the nefarious involvement of those boosters. Saban may not condone it, and I believe that, but even he cannot know everything about everything the boosters are doing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
And Kiffin may be a disaster as a HC. And as a human being. But he's a damn good OC. Guy can call a game.
I believe sarkiesian or however you spell it was the brains behind those usc offenses.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just as Muschamp gets blamed for everything bad at UF, Saban must take ultimate responsibility for everything about Bama Football. I wait with baited breath for the Hammer to fall!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:

He gets the #1 recruiting class every year. They are going to be tough as always.
I'm not saying they go 4-8 and everyone is going to run over them. But somethings gotta give ,of course a Nick saban coached team is going to be tough.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's funny how when kiffin was mentioned as a possible OC here there was a meltdown and he couldn't coach. Now that saban has hired him he's a good play caller. He's a mediocre OC and they have an unproven qb. Not saying they're a lock to be ****ty but they could drop a few games.

N

Navygator07

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heck for Bama fans anytime the team doesn't win a NC it's a down year, or "rebuilding" year. It's bound to happen eventually just to hard to say when exactly.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n26696 said:

Same thing they said about Charlie Weis.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
GatorJ;n26696 said:

True

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:

2 words: Mike and Mike. That leaves out a Mike, but Price shouldn't count. Dubose was terrible, and Shula rebuilt and got jobbed. It's only been since '07 that Bama has become relevant again. Saban is the only HC after Bryant to win 75%, and if he keeps it up he will surpass Bryant's career winning percentage.

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
GatorJ;n26696 said:

"They" were partially correct. Weis is indeed a human being, and a disaster HC.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I said it last year immediately in the aftermath of the Auburn loss, and I'll say it again. I think Saban's decision to kick that field goal was the beginning of the end for his dynasty.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Kiffy has ever been the playcaller. At USC he was Sarkhisian's understudy and the (co-)OC in name only. He called plays at Oakland, Tinerc and South Cal when he returned as HC, but his offenses were never good. I don't know how some of you "know" that he's a good OC.

I wouldn't go near that douchebag.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n26746 said:
I said it last year immediately in the aftermath of the Auburn loss, and I'll say it again. I think Saban's decision to kick that field goal was the beginning of the end for his dynasty.

Saban was a 7-5 coach for the first half of his career. He got some lucky breaks, the rest of the west is mediocre with grass-eater at LSU as the only competition, Ugly mired in doldrums with Mr. Mediocrity Richt, and Tinerc fighting Vandy and Kintucky for last place, and UF having a coach with a vagina. He "recruits well" ($$$) at Bammer, but he really is such an a hole that he never recruited well elsewhere. He cited the difficulty in recruiting against Meechigan as the prime reason for leaving MSU.

It's easy for the snowball effect to develop. I'm not saying it WILL happen, Bammers always pay better than any other school for athletes and if you have the best athletes even a mediocre coach can look good.

I can't wait to watch for the inevitable Kiffy vs. Evil Dwarf drama that is bound to occur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator