The Savage Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
Mullen would make constant adjustments during the game. The impression I got from it was that Butters didn't do much of that at all.

Funny, I got that impression from watching the team constantly run the same plays in the fourth quarter as the ones that didn't work in the first! :)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Funny, I got that impression from watching the team constantly run the same plays in the fourth quarter as the ones that didn't work in the first! :)
If they would just execute them properly it would have been fine.

They worked great with Ingram and Richardson and 14 future NFL OL.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016

Interesting... Let's unpack this...

1) By that logic, Alabama doesn't make in game adjustments. They just have great players and beat you with superior talent. I think that, perhaps, you may be over simplifying that just a tad but, for argument's sake, let's give you this one for the moment.

2) Also, by that logic, isn't talent the key to success and not execution? That means that both of your statements can't be true because we clearly didn't have that level of talent on offense or anything close to it so the talent we did have wouldn't be expected to produce anything resembling the same results even if the execution was utterly flawless.

3) Finally, if I am not mistaken, you are one of the "it's all about the stars" folks when it comes to recruiting. Given that, isn't it impossible to even make this comparison given the overall star deficits on offense the last staff inherited and then further propagated?

Congratulations!! Your logic vortex has created a pinhead singularity!! Well done, sir! :headbang:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When Saban hired--- hard not to laugh now--- Doug Drunkmeyer, he commented on how "predictable" his offense had been and how he needed to fix that. Of course Doug Drunk made it worse so he hired Half Kiffy mid season to fix it.

BTW, my first sentence was mocking people who said that shyt all the time while dumping on our players and defending McSharkfvkker.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
When Saban hired--- hard not to laugh now--- Doug Drunkmeyer, he commented on how "predictable" his offense had been and how he needed to fix that. Of course Doug Drunk made it worse so he hired Half Kiffy mid season to fix it.

BTW, my first sentence was mocking people who said that shyt all the time while dumping on our players and defending McSharkfvkker.

Then I stand corrected. It seemed like you were saying those two statements were directly related and my head nearly exploded! :)

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

Exactly. On 3-4 randomly spliced plays, and without accounting for down and distance, we had receivers running WIDE open in the Nusshark offense if the QB could have just found the open guy. It was all the QB’s fault . . .

You’ll see in 4-5 years when the offensive explosion comes to Central Michigan after ole sharkhumper gets his guy finally at QB. He just wasn’t here long enough to build relationships until I . . . uummm someone, threatened his life.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This razed me to the ground: Watching game after game as McButt walked the sidelines, arms folded, not wired up, walking away from the action, away from game staff. All as if that showed that it wasn't his "doing" wasn't his responsibility. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.