The Savage Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Got it. Savage is just a glorified motivator. Mullinzes sucks. We don't have an elite S&C program. We don't monitor "HRV"s man... lol. Sky is falling. Let's just call it quits. I think I'll watch softball I hear we have a brand new spanking field. When does that start?

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
It isn't that he is right or wrong, its that his original premise to throw shade at our S&C program because we aren't spending a lot of money on the science side of it is BS.

:woohoo:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Wasn’t really sure what a USAT level 3 coach was but I looked it up...

Level III

You’re dismissal does more to undermine your credibility than his. Not saying you’re not more knowledgeable about football since you’ve worked in the industry at some level but to pretend that this guy hasn’t at least accomplished something and might have some valid inputs is silly.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I read your comment to mean he got a certification that only takes a week and a half to get. Reading the prereqs, sounds like it takes years and you must have one athlete reach truly elite status in triathlon. Also have to have cert in multiple disciplines.

Don’t disagree that he’s not on savages level but I don’t think that was his argument.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Paragraph 1: he’s stated that endurance athletes are the limit of his experience and that he’d love to learn from Savage as the program is big and complex.

Paragraph 2: he did seem to dismiss the need for sprawling staffs to monitor individual things as he believes the current staff is probably adequate. I’d imagine a sit down with Savage, which he says he’d love to do, would either confirm or deny those suspicions.

Paragraph 3: I have no reason to dismiss your experience and I believe you. I also don’t think this has anything to do with your well known and stated dislike of Mullen. This seems to have more to do with you both outright dismissing each other’s opinions - both of which most likely have validity. There’s plenty of other examples of your Mullen bias, don’t need to try to make this one of them :p

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

No, my response to your first post wasn't that it was stupid for teams to do certain things and I certainly didn't follow that up by saying coaches aren't worth their salt if they do do those certain things. I said it was stupid to infer that a S&C program isn't elite or can't be elite if they don't have a nerd designated to just monitor stuff like HRV. And I said a coach isn't worth their salt if they are focused more on peripheral data like HRV over the primary information they are gathering during their coaching experiences directly. You continue to quote me without relevant context and it is starting to seem like that your intention is to twist my words. Because of that, I feel I need to point out that my above statements neither intend to argue that we have or don't have an elite program.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Are we still doing this?

giphy.gif

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Got it. Savage is just a glorified motivator. Mullinzes sucks. We don't have an elite S&C program. We don't monitor "HRV"s man... lol. Sky is falling. Let's just call it quits. I think I'll watch softball I hear we have a brand new spanking field. When does that start?
Well, we are 18-0 on the softball circuit. Easier to be a Gator fan there.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Anyone with actual real experience and understanding of the going ons of our S&C program want to chime in instead of this hypothetical opinion based discussion? Would much rather hear from those that actually know what is going on and how its going on with the team right now.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Anyone with actual real experience and understanding of the going ons of our S&C program want to chime in instead of this hypothetical opinion based discussion? Would much rather hear from those that actually know what is going on and how its going on with the team right now.

Gators getting stronger. Hows that?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Id rather we go back to posting cool tweets rather than you two cat-fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.