The simplest way to reschedule LSU at UF

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well I have looked at a few schedules and the simplest way to reschedule the LSU at Florida is:

1. Move UF v. UGa from 29 Oct to 22 Oct as both have an open date on 22 Oct.

2. Have UF play LSU on 29 Oct when LSU has an open data.

I guess the biggest problems would be the hotel reservations in the Jacksonville area on the 29th weekend being moved up a week?

This solution only envolves 3 teams which is a plus.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The cocktail party is a week long affair that people plan farther in advance than a regular home game. Jaguars have a home game on the 23rd. There's no way they could get that place ready for a pro game the next day.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The cocktail party is a week long affair that people plan farther in advance than a regular home game. Jaguars have a home game on the 23rd. There's no way they could get that place ready for a pro game the next day.

Get stadiums ready for games the next day all the time. I think the week long affair that Florida v. Georgia is is the biggest issue.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Get stadiums ready for games the next day all the time. I think the week long affair that Florida v. Georgia is is the biggest issue.
RV City is one of the biggest centers of action all week. It doesn't clear out until late Sunday. Additionally, there is several other lots that have overnight parking on Saturday. Cleaning up that place can not happen in the evening hours after the game when half the fans are going nuts all night.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Horrible idea....just let them play Nov 19th. They can either buyout their opponent or play them after the SEC championship game. SEC has insurance for loss of revenue.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
At face value, the idea of moving the WLOCP up a week and playing LSU on their scheduled off week makes the most sense. But like Phan said, this is an annual event always held on the same weekend in the same place. People plan for it FAR in advance. Hotel reservations alone make it a nightmare scenario if they move that game. That place is a mad house the whole weekend, as anyone who has been there can attest. A couple hundred thousand people all tailgating within a mile of the stadium.

You can look at how the Dolphins turned right around and played an afternoon game the day after the night game between FSU & UM, but this is a horse of a different color.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Horrible idea....just let them play Nov 19th. They can either buyout their opponent or play them after the SEC championship game. SEC has insurance for loss of revenue.

This.

But if we're willing to move an event, why not pick the one that's furthest away(SECCG). The game in Jax is set, rooms are booked, fans have taken time off, etc. At this stage, no one knows who will be in Atlanta. So why wouldn't we push that game back a week? Neither team has a game scheduled then and it wouldn't impact anything else. It's also something that could be adjusted based on the necessity of the game. If both teams are out of the race, and it's at no risk of affecting other teams' standings, it could just be straight canceled. We could know that as early as the next 12 days.

But again, Nov 19 makes the most sense if it can be pulled off.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Looks very likely that the Gators will lose a game (from the schedule) no matter how you slice it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We could always play it on a Wednesday night.....the way things are going we should probably get used to playing in those "prime time" slots...:headslap:

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I smell a Tennessee rat, all they've ever done since the mid 80's is whine, gripe and bit@h through Andy Kelly, Peyton, to present. They need to shut up and win a CHAMPIONSHIP on the field. Play LSU on championship saturday and if we happen to qualify, throw them a bone and let them play the tigers so they will know what it's like to play on that day.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I thought of this same concept last week, but the more I thought about it, it won't work. Too much week long stuff at the WLOCP to change the date with 14 days max notice.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
a8a18fdff967b14b9d7d09e0f988e0dd.png

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
PC plays nom conf against Coastal Carolina that day. Coastal is playing as an FCS independent this year before moving up to the Sun Belt next season. Clay Travis being full of ****.....shocker.

PC is terribly bad. I saw them Sat night against my alma mater, we whipped them 24-3 and put up over 500 yards on them. UF should definitely do that same at least and hang 60 on them, and shut them out. I know that the Calvinists are predestined to lose, but the game in the Swamp will be a glorified scrimmage at best.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

My first thought on seeing your post was to say I only called it the simplest idea. But your post caused me to think further.

My idea is a great idea. Think about it. Ever bank seats a bit over 67,000. So the number of UF fans impacted is around 34,000. If the Presbyterian game is scrubbed all UF season ticket holders are impacted.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My first thought on seeing your post was to say I only called it the simplest idea. But your post caused me to think further.

My idea is a great idea. Think about it. Ever bank seats a bit over 67,000. So the number of UF fans impacted is around 34,000. If the Presbyterian game is scrubbed all UF season ticket holders are impacted.
You've been to the Cocktail Party before, right? If you had, then you'd know moving that date this late in the season would affect a HELL of a lot more than 34K people. :lol2:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

In your best Donald Trump voice - "My post is a great idea, it's the greatest idea ever, nobody has ever had a post with such a great idea..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator