The simplest way to reschedule LSU at UF

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's all well and good except both South Alabama and Presbyterian already have conference games scheduled on those dates.

Are either of those paying Presbyterian/South Alabama $1m to beat the crap out of them?

SEC pays off their cute little conferences and everyone is happy

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Are either of those paying Presbyterian/South Alabama $1m to beat the crap out of them?

SEC pays off their cute little conferences and everyone is happy
But we'd be ruining conference standings and those schools' conferences will refuse. Not a chance this happens.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not a chance your face happens.
fukn-ellen.gif

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
But we'd be ruining conference standings and those schools' conferences will refuse. Not a chance this happens.

Not a chance your face happens.

This is the best solution I've seen. UF doesn't lose a home game. We got our bye week when we were decimated with injuries. These small conferences are just like your favorite politician, they will agree to do anything for you if the price is right. Somehow we would have to survive without the bye week before the UGA game, but Presby is amost like a bye week. I vote yes.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We are paying Presbyterian $500,000 and Alabama is paying South Alabama $2 million

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
SC Gator: While I hope they play the game, I wouldn't mind it not being played, we win rest of SEC games and get to go to SEC Champ Game over Tenn who ends up 6-2. It would be so epic to see them explode.

What is amazing to me is that the SEC, after the USC-LSU game was moved does not have a plan in place for this to happen. Should not be up to LSU and UF to make the decision. Should be rule that all the Colleges have agreed to for make up games etc.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Greg McGarity (UGA AD) was on FInebaum. Pretty much said that you can't move UF/UGA.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Based upon the defiance coming from Baton Rouge, it appears to me that the best way to reschedule the game is this.

Go ahead and reschedule it for November 19th in Gainesville and if LSU does not show up, it is a forfeit.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Based upon the defiance coming from Baton Rouge, it appears to me that the best way to reschedule the game is this.

Go ahead and reschedule it for November 19th in Gainesville and if LSU does not show up, it is a forfeit.
The official score for a forfeit would be 2-0. Can you imagine the complaining here that we only scored 2?

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
The official score for a forfeit would be 2-0. Can you imagine the complaining here that we only scored 2?

Too funny... and probably too true! :lmao2:

Sooooo.....in my best pessimistic Gator fan imitation, what happens if the Gators loose a couple of more SEC games and are totally out of the SECCG picture and then lo and behold the same thing happens with LSU? Does this game still get played?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
LSU doesn't want the home game revenue on 11/19 to be lost. OK, then make the agreement to flip this year and next, we travel to BR on 11/19 and host them next season. Then they look totally dumb when neither us or them are contending for the trip to ATL and it is just another conference game, and we get 4 of our first 5 conference games at home in 2017.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Can't we just play on Tuesday night....I know it'll be hard competing with Temple for viewer ratings but I think we'll get a small share...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator