The Texas Job - AC (After Charlie), Mac on their list

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
McElwain gets next season, we have said that from the beginning. I think it is funny that people who were all saying it's going to take three years to rebuild the damage that Muschamp did to our roster makeup are now saying he should be competing to National Titles. His recruiting needs a massive overall, but he gets the 3 years. After year 3 it's either put up or shut up. Next year, either we will be moving forward with McElwain or hunting for a new coach.
Spot on. With me it not about winning a NC this year or even a couple more years, sure that would be great. I just want to be in the conversation when it comes to talking about top 5-10 teams again, going out and playing good sound football game after game would help. I don't like losing any games but that's gonna happen. Just don't get kicked around the turf like a lifeless turd when we play teams with equal or better talent. Look at our performances against ranked teams so far....
There was a time for most of 20 years that whether we won a NC or not nobody really wanted to play us....and a lot of very good HS players wanted to play for us......

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I remember plenty of threads and comments 2 years ago when we hired mac and them harbaugh that they were in much worse shape than we were, because their roster was terrible in comparison to ours.

I remember specific comments from plenty of individuals indicating this. Fast fwd 2 years and the reason they look like a vette and us a scion sport compact is because they had a much better roster to start with.

Its simply mind numbing.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I remember plenty of threads and comments 2 years ago when we hired mac and them harbaugh that they were in much worse shape than we were, because their roster was terrible in comparison to ours.

I remember specific comments from plenty of individuals indicating this. Fast fwd 2 years and the reason they look like a vette and us a scion sport compact is because they had a much better roster to start with.

Its simply mind numbing.

most those comments were based on recruiting rankings, not with actually comparing the rosters. Too many people put stock in a number, and not what that number represents.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Well, then were you *****ing when Muschamp was pulling in top 5 recruiting classes with one or two offensive linemen? If not, then you are part of the problem. Just like we should be *****ing now about the lack of DT's and LB's in the last recruiting class. But we have plenty of DB's the last few years.

Actually, I was. Heck, I was b!tching during the 11-2 season of 2012.

I guess reading comprehension not your strongest suit. Take a look again at what I said... then respond. I don't believe I mentioned records at all, I mentioned the rebuild of the roster. Please read again, and respond.

And I guess grammar is not yours. No need to be a jerk. But I'll fire right back if that's the route you want to take.

I did read your entire post. You asked me to define uber quick. So that's what I did. Why are we getting so technical? You understood the point I was trying to make.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, I was. Heck, I was b!tching during the 11-2 season of 2012.

I was too, just not here...

And I guess grammar is not yours. No need to be a jerk. But I'll fire right back if that's the route you want to take.

grammer is not my strong suit... never claimed it was...

I did read your entire post. You asked me to define uber quick. So that's what I did. Why are we getting so technical? You understood the point I was trying to make.

You expect a complete roster to be remade in two recruiting cycles... so you expect to fill 85 roster positions with approximately 50 players... 85 > 50. Good to know. I understood your point, in a year and a half and two recruiting cycles on the roster, you expect us to be the same place as a team who is in year 6 of a rebuild (6 recruiting cycles of players in the organization). 6 > 2.

I guess we should be the same spot as Michigan is right now. Michigan is in year 6 of their rebuild (7th recruiting cycle) and we are in year 2 of our rebuild (3rd recruiting cycle). So by your comparison, we are still on schedule.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
I'm getting sick of these Harbaugh vs McElwain comparisons.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Law said:
You are really going to hate next September.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Rog said:
Then there will be no comparison.??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You expect a complete roster to be remade in two recruiting cycles... so you expect to fill 85 roster positions with approximately 50 players... 85 > 50.
It's really more than 50 bc they could count back to the prior year at least 7. It may be higher. I'm to apathetic to research. Of course, we weren't even landing 25, even while taking bottom of the barrel talent.

It will take at least 2 and probably 4 years of elite recruiting to make us an elite team again. All these directional school filler players will never make a dominant team, never. No matter how many years we give Mac to do it.

We aren't in year 2 of the rebuild. We are in year ZERO and holding. There is a fair argument that we are actually regressing from even the Muskank years. We now have 2.5 position groups that are disasters. 3.5 if you are of a mind to count QBs.

No matter what you think, Dougie, if Butters hasn't turned it around in a huge way, he won't survive next year.

Last edited:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Will Urban jump to his dream job of Notre Dame if they fire Kelly this year?? ND has 5 losses so far...

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Spot on. With me it not about winning a NC this year or even a couple more years, sure that would be great. I just want to be in the conversation when it comes to talking about top 5-10 teams again, going out and playing good sound football game after game would help. I don't like losing any games but that's gonna happen. Just don't get kicked around the turf like a lifeless turd when we play teams with equal or better talent. Look at our performances against ranked teams so far....
There was a time for most of 20 years that whether we won a NC or not nobody really wanted to play us....and a lot of very good HS players wanted to play for us......
Here is a point I do not think anybody has answered explicitly. Why don't very Good HS players want to play for us and when did this start?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No matter what you think, Dougie, if Butters hasn't turned it around in a huge way, he won't survive next year.

Law there were some major deficiencies in this roster when he took over.. I would say depth has gotten better (not to the levels it should be better). The problem is a roster on offense that was a group of misfit toys from Muschump's changing of offensive systems and not recruiting offensive linemen. As I've said since he was hired, McElwain has through 2017, if we aren't competing for SEC Championship in 2017 then we are in the job market looking for his replacement. Right now he has an incomplete, and there has been no marketed improvement on the field. The lack of DT and LB recruiting might very well be his downfall.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The lack of DT and LB recruiting might very well be his downfall.

That's my fear. I see improvement on offense, which is what he was brought here to do. I know some people don't want to admit it, but he has made strides with the offense. We're not where we need to be yet, but he's made positive strides. Unfortunately, recruiting on the D side has been very suspect so far.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That's my fear. I see improvement on offense, which is what he was brought here to do. I know some people don't want to admit it, but he has made strides with the offense. We're not where we need to be yet, but he's made positive strides. Unfortunately, recruiting on the D side has been very suspect so far.

There's no defense for that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Currently on Rivals, both teams have 18 commits, neither has a 5 star, UM has ten 4 stars, UF has one less at nine 4 stars.
:faint:
Wanna bet which one adds five stars and other bluechippers at the end of the season and which ine fills up on 3star rbs we stole from Akron and Miami of Ohio?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator