Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
neteng would prefer someone like Marvin Lewis.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Marvin Lewis is garbage. He embodies everything I hate about the NFL. The NFL game is starting to get more entertaining now that the offenses are creeping out of the 80s and 90s.

Ox just gets his panties in a wad when anyone points out the obvious flaws that Meyers has instead of ignoring it and just focusing on all the good he can do. Meyer is a odd one. He is a Saban type that has the vision to get a program going at the highest level...then he burns out. Its his thing. I'd take him back at Florida right now though because we are going nowhere with Mullen.

But...doesn't change my opinion that Meyer will fail in the NFL.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I get that Meyer isn't a 10-year coach, but being at stops 5 years or more is respectable, especially when you win like there's no tomorrow during that span. The trade-off is worth every damn penny.

I don't know if he'll be successful with prima-donna pro athletes, but I'm excited to see him try. He has legendary psychological motivational tactics which may not work on those guys.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
All those draft picks and salary cap money waiting on him in Jvill. , if Urb is ever going to make the move this is it. Many Coaches have succeeded of failed because of not having the right QB (Urban with Brantley) this will not be the case in Jacksonville.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jets owner Woody Johnson just came out and said that he's looking for a "full team" coach this time, not just a guy that focuses on one side of the ball - Gase evidently let his DC run the entire defense with no input at all from him. I think NFL owners are going more down this road all the time, to the "CEO" type coach who can oversee his coordinators and make the whole thing work. I think Meyer can do that.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jets owner Woody Johnson just came out and said that he's looking for a "full team" coach this time, not just a guy that focuses on one side of the ball - Gase evidently let his DC run the entire defense with no input at all from him. I think NFL owners are going more down this road all the time, to the "CEO" type coach who can oversee his coordinators and make the whole thing work. I think Meyer can do that.

No. Mullen can do that.

Why are you crushing the dream?

:sadnanner:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Meyer can do it in college for a short spurt but NFL is a different creature. Nobody really cares about your college prowess in the NFL. His charm in recruiting is worthless at getting talent. His leadership influence has big time boundaries in an NFL organization. He doesn't call all the shots off the field. His job will be to take the talent he is given and win football games. His talent is getting talent to match his vision. I just dont think he is going to be very effective when you factor in the facts that the NFL game is a place where his strengths are misplaced and have defined limits.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen can't do that or we wouldn't all be sitting around here wondering why Grantham still has a job.

Yeah I know that. I was being sarcastic.

We should be talking Mullen up for that job. Get him out of here.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
When GatorJ has given up on you, it's over. He was still defending Butters 18 months after he was fired. With the Chimp, it was over 2 years before J let go.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When GatorJ has given up on you, it's over. He was still defending Butters 18 months after he was fired. With the Chimp, it was over 2 years before J let go.

J wanted to stab Chump in the throat after Georgia Southern.. so he was over Chump. He was done with Butters after Grier decided to leave and Grier gave his side of the story.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
J wanted to stab Chump in the throat after Georgia Southern.. so he was over Chump. He was done with Butters after Grier decided to leave and Grier gave his side of the story.
You've never been good at playing along. In fact, you are dreadful.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Jaguars are interviewing Raheem Morris, probably to satisfy the ridiculous Rooney Rule. It's a failed retread like Morris that makes you hate coaching searches. He has no business ever being a head coach in the NFL again.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Jaguars are interviewing Raheem Morris, probably to satisfy the ridiculous Rooney Rule. It's a failed retread like Morris that makes you hate coaching searches. He has no business ever being a head coach in the NFL again.

You mean the same coach who would go out drinking with his players after games not a good option, why would that be?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bruce Feldman thinks Meyer turns down coaching in the no fun league. Jags probably hire Morris or Roman because it would be the jag thing to do. Jags gonna jag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator