The Urban Meyer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Screw Urbs. Go get Doug Pederson. Dude won a super bowl with a career backup in Nick Foles. In losing the way he did he secured the eagles a far better draft pick. It was smart.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Screw Urbs. Go get Doug Pederson. Dude won a super bowl with a career backup in Nick Foles. In losing the way he did he secured the eagles a far better draft pick. It was smart.

Doug Pederson is a decent coach, look how he handled Foles, the backup that played last year in the playoffs, and Hurts this year. The offense was still viable even with the injuries.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He caught lightning in a bottle due to an injury, then immediately sent the guy that took them all the way packing. Smart dude!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He caught lightning in a bottle due to an injury, then immediately sent the guy that took them all the way packing. Smart dude!

I don't disagree with catching lightning in the bottle, but it looks like the GM Roseman is the reason Foles was shipped off. Much like two weeks before the season Bradford was shipped off in Wentz rookie season.

I don't think Pederson is some great coach, but looking at the personal and decisions made in Philly by Roseman I wonder how much Pederson was handicapped by a questionable GM.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Doug Pederson is a decent coach, look how he handled Foles, the backup that played last year in the playoffs, and Hurts this year. The offense was still viable even with the injuries.

My one worry about Pederson is the Hurts stunt. Did it kill his credibility around the league with players? @williston_gator made a post that could be correct. In waiting on Urbs, they may end up getting screwed over if he picks the bolts because all of the best candidates are gone. Then who do the jags hire? Raheem Morris? Marvin Lewis? :barfaway:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My one worry about Pederson is the Hurts stunt. Did it kill his credibility around the league with players? @williston_gator made a post that could be correct. In waiting on Urbs, they may end up getting screwed over if he picks the bolts because all of the best candidates are gone. Then who do the jags hire? Raheem Morris? Marvin Lewis? :barfaway:
Best candidates are gone? Has a single vacancy been filled yet in the 7 openings?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The Hurts stunt hurts, but it made sense in hidsight. Also fck the Eagles.

The fact that only coordinators have been picked up so far around the league is a good thing. But I do wonder, how quickly things will happen once the first HC is hired. Because that is when the clock will really start to tic.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If any of the 7 teams have a brain, they won't touch Pederson with a 10 foot pole. He sucks.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pederson is mulling taking a year off. I'm sure he'd take a HC gig though.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@nflrums: #Chargers interviews #OhioState Urban Meyer #LosAngeles #NFL

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
City council just pulled the plug on Lot J. This could to say the least sour the relationship with the Jags. Jags in Jax N.F.L? Who knows. They are an interesting distraction when we have a bad season. Otherwise, I could care less about the NFL.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
City council just pulled the plug on Lot J. This could to say the least sour the relationship with the Jags. Jags in Jax N.F.L? Who knows. They are an interesting distraction when we have a bad season. Otherwise, I could care less about the NFL.

I predict you will be very interested in them next season

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
I am hearing that Charlie Weis aka: "Charles the Large" has his hat in the ring
for the Jag's job. His agent is touting his days in New England and his mentoring of the then young Tom Brady.
Claims to be a quarterback whisperer. Claims he can do the same thing for Lawrence. Asking for $75 million over 5 years. (and a dozen donuts a day from Krispy Kream? One of the stories that made the rounds in Gainesville was that when Charlie was talking to Foley about becoming Muschamp's OC,
he asked for a specially build golf cart capable of carrying all that weight so that he could run down to some donut shop that was right down the street from the stadium.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member