This kind of feels like SOS DD.. Gaffney arrested for Pot Posession

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What will the NFL do with players caught in these municipalities that no longer arrest for pot and just give civil fine if they have no hot drug test. Sounds like the player would just luck out possibly if he got pulled in those areas.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Heck, most cops don't have time to respond to something like that anyway.

Interesting view particularly from an attorney and not that different from my view. Still it occurred to me that if someone came up to a cop in a store off or on duty and said someone was out in the parking lot chugging beer or liquor or wine in a parked car, would the cop not have time to respond to it? Would they get in trouble if they did not respond? Impaired driving is impaired driving one would think? Maybe weed does not impair one to the extent that alcohol or texting does?

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Heck, most cops don't have time to respond to something like that anyway.
I STRONGLY disagree. They'll send out the swat team over a guy with a joint, but won't even attempt to solve any property crimes unless you can hand them a gift wrapped case...with a bow on it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There have been numerous cases where an officer was called to a convenience store because
a man was passed out drunk in his car in the lot. The officer checked on him and decided to let
him just sleep it off. That driver woke up, tried to drive home but backing out at a rapid rate ran
over and killed a jogger. That policeman was sued for that death loss. Gotta watch these leniency
things on operating a 3,000 lb potential weapon.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I STRONGLY disagree. They'll send out the swat team over a guy with a joint, but won't even attempt to solve any property crimes unless you can hand them a gift wrapped case...with a bow on it.

That is how it is in my area. I think its mostly just the high population areas cops ignore the little stuff mostly.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LMAO! But how much pot does one need in life? It cant be that important can it? I mean it's not crucial to survive.
Water, food, shelter - pretty much all that is crucial to survive, nothing more.
No offense, but if you're serious, then I believe you lead a very boring life.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
OK... I get it, pot is not the end of the world. But it is illegal. So why the f would you do it in a car out in full public view at 9 in the morning?

200.gif
.....in Sumpter County.
This ain't New York City or Miami-Dade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member