This kind of feels like SOS DD.. Gaffney arrested for Pot Posession

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You don't mess around in Hog County....... (Sumter County)

At least he was driving an F250!

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Man... I had to go to court in Sumter (borrowed company truck got hit in the okahumpka service plaza).. NO idea what it's like now, but back then it was the absolutely most mayberry, backwoods, podunk place I'd ever set foot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really miss the SOS days when potsmoking, wallet stealing Jabar was our biggest thug.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
someone approached an off-duty officer in full uniform inside a business in the 14200 block of Beach Boulevard about 8:55 a.m. and told him there was a man smoking marijuana inside a silver vehicle in the parking lot

:shocked:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OK... I get it, pot is not the end of the world. But it is illegal. So why the f would you do it in a car out in full public view at 9 in the morning?

200.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
With his record, he might get the chair for this.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OK... I get it, pot is not the end of the world. But it is illegal. So why the f would you do it in a car out in full public view at 9 in the morning?
I heard he is not a rocket surgeon.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Who runs to the cops when they see someone smoking pot? What a douche bag. I've never done it but I'm not going to ruin somebody's day over it.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who runs to the cops when they see someone smoking pot? What a douche bag. I've never done it but I'm not going to ruin somebody's day over it.
I'd agree with you 99% of the time. But there is always that 1% who is stupid enough to do it in front of someone's business or by a playground or somewhere else they should just avoid when smoking dope.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd agree with you 99% of the time. But there is always that 1% who is stupid enough to do it in front of someone's business or by a playground or somewhere else they should just avoid when smoking dope.
Agreed. Even in Washington State it's illegal to smoke unless you're at a private residence. Now, does that law get enforced? Not that I've seen and you can smell weed pretty much any time, any day, just walking around certain areas downtown. I think if cops in Washington State got a call about someone smoking pot in there car, they'd likely tell the caller 'thanks' and then hang up. :lol: It's just not at the top of their priority list, which is the way it should be - there's a lot more criminally dangerous stuff for them to worry about than someone smoking pot while sitting in their vehicle, IMO. :bandit:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Too bad he wasn't in one of the municipalities in Florida that have wisened up and only issue non criminal fine citations for pot possession now.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
When I was 18 I was driving the family car with Mom and Dad as the passengers heading up I-75 to enroll at UF as a freshman. I was doing a little above the speed limit but not too bad -- going about 75 to 80 mph on a 70 mph speed limit 4-lane interstate highway. Near the Bushnell exit in Sumter County a Florida Highway Patrol turned on the blue lights and pulled me over for speeding.

My dad got out of the car with me after we stopped on the shoulder of the road. The patrolman got on his microphone and ordered my dad back in the car. He motioned for me to come to the patrol car. I sat down in the front seat. He asked me: "Boy where are you going in such a hurry?" I said the University of Florida. He replied "Go Gators, but you don't need to be going that fast." I laughed out lout. I was hoping he would be lenient after that, but he wrote me a ticket anyway.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
https://daytonabeachduiattorneyblog.com/2016/03/10/new-volusia-county-marijuana-law/

Volusia county in the unincorporated area has decriminilized marijuana and moved it from a 2nd degree misd. charge to a 3rd degree and replaced jail/court with a fine instead. I honestly don't understand the FL voters failing to pass medical marijuana use. This is completely ridiculous.
So what are you saying, Gaffney had a medical reason to smoke pot? Please.

Can we stop the BS? Maybe 5% of pot smokers have a legitimate health reason to do so. If you want to toke up, fine. Let's stop insulting people's intelligence on the "medical" part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator