This looks really bad (Callaway news)

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Appointing a UF alum as the hearing officer does not impute automatic bias in my opinion. That is posturing by Clune to be sure.

Yea who knows. This guy could have sided with her and hung Calloway out to dry. Assuming he is bias towards the football player doesnt hold water. Not to me anyhow.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we all would draw the line somewhere on this side of rape and murder. My commentary is that even so, the line is in a ridiculous place already. Like, we'll look the other way on the fact that these kids don't even belong in school, but when the thugs actually commit thuggish behavior, THEN we'll express outrage. The whole damn system is a near perfect microcosm of our permissive society where ridiculous behavior is ok all the way up to some perceived line in the sand where we then start expressing moral outrage.
Careful who you call a thug around these parts. I specifically remember BMF getting chastised and even given a vacation because he called one of our players a thug. Just a warning to duck and cover.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This thug thing is the reason coaches do everything in their power to"vet" the recruits by getting as close to them and their families as possible and trying to determine character and past actions. I think they really try to choose the right fit players who they believe will fit their morals and system. Nobody knows really what these 17-19 year old kids are going to do. I am glad this wasnt a rape case.
Gotta call BS here. I'd be willing to bet that more than 80% would put production above character. It's proven everyday.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Gotta call BS here. I'd be willing to bet that more than 80% would put production above character. It's proven everyday.

Not really sure with Mac. He appears to want high character guys but how do we really know? We know trouble makers really infect a locker room.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Oh man I know there are plenty of good guys on the field. Just look at Tebow for instance. I'm not indicting every guy that puts on the uniform but the system itself. There are way too many guys down there that don't belong in school, but we allow it for the simple reason that we want a good football team. My opinion is that there are enough guys like Emmitt, Tim, Carter, etc to field a team of players that are plenty fun to watch.
I don't know about that. Can you imagine a field full of pointdexters that actually qualified to get into UF? The team would be mostly Asians.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not really sure with Mac. He appears to want high character guys but how do we really know? We know trouble makers really infect a locker room.
Oh, I agree to a point with Mac. I'm just looking at the whole with recruiting and that's how I understood your original comment about why coaches try to really get to know the recruits during the process.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Oh, I agree to a point with Mac. I'm just looking at the whole with recruiting and that's how I understood your original comment about why coaches try to really get to know the recruits during the process.

Your probably right but I like to think the majority of coaches at least try to run a clean program and dont want or need the bad seeds.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Can't you hear Mick? "Hee Two Gud throws a laser to We Kan Katch! Touchdown!"

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well I bet they would at least know the playbook. Btw it worked for Lamda Lamda Lamda.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well I bet they would at least know the playbook. Btw it worked for Lamda Lamda Lamda.
Perhaps college football should just kill the scholarship program, and the NFL can develop a minor league for all the talented thugs, in which they can be paid.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just think about it - you wouldn't have to kill college football. Just have tryouts for students, just like high school. Whether or not it would remain as popular is debatable.

In the meantime, the NFL can scout out people for their minor league just like baseball. Draft kids out of high school, and they have to play in the minors for 3 years.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps college football should just kill the scholarship program, and the NFL can develop a minor league for all the talented thugs, in which they can be paid.
Sure why not.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo is pretty much right. If you took the combined IQ of the football team and multiplied it by 100, you might have the intelligence to tie your shoe....if you didn't drool all over yourself in the process.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ox must have got some bad wonton on the Chinese buffet recently......,..

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm just tired of the fan lip service of our thugs are less thugery than your thugs.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So is Callaway officially a thug now because a girl accused him of a crime that clearly no one thinks he committed outside of the accuser?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So to be accused is to be"guilty" of whatever the female accuser says ... even if she says it several
conflicting ways. Remember the accuser of those Duke Lacrosse guys. That case got right-away traction
because of the accepted belief that a woman would not lie about such horror. Long ago Tawana Brawley
saw an easy way to cover her errant ways by false claims of kidnap and assault.

My ex-wife was a vicious criminal = 1) embezzled $240,000 from my dental business 2) Forged Lorcet 10 Rxs
3) illegally used my DEA # to receive thousands of Lorcet 10 drugs through mail order wholesale pharmacy.
I'm not vicious but I do resent the total deceit. Every legal body, gave her the benefit, saying her decency was
compromised by drugs. Anyway, my point is there are cases where a woman is a tremendous liar.

Amy Osteryoung & Johnson say they have 1,000 pages of text messages (gotta be claimant's don't
they) that favor Calloway. ??

These accusations of sexual assaults, rapes are so very damaging that the accuser has to be responsible
for seeking acceptable presentation to LE special investigators. That expectation has nothing to do with
whether such cases are about a CFB player or some unknown guy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator