To hell with Georgia

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Enjoy the Citrus Bowl or some other irrelevant bowl.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
if nothing else, at least our terrible season helped destroy the strength of schedule for clown town and Ugly

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
As a Gator, it would be hilarious if FSU was left out…as an objective/neutral fan, I don’t see how you can do that…no one said you had to win pretty, just win….it should be Wash, Mich, FSU and then Texas and Bama duke it out…it’s going to come down to what’s more valued? Texas winning the head to head or Bama taking down the latest Goliath

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Michigan, Washington, FSU, Texas
Have a feeling this is what it will be. Too difficult to argue when Texas beat Bama straight up this year.

Yes Georgia and Bama are both miles better than FSU, but, undefeated conference champ has to mean something so they are less likely to hold them out. Fsu is the only weak link imo, that could possibly be jumped, they had an awful schedule. But I think they are going to value a no loss conference champ over any 1 loss team, regardless of the reality of who is actually better.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
As a Gator, it would be hilarious if FSU was left out…as an objective/neutral fan, I don’t see how you can do that…no one said you had to win pretty, just win….it should be Wash, Mich, FSU and then Texas and Bama duke it out…it’s going to come down to what’s more valued? Texas winning the head to head or Bama taking down the latest Goliath
Idk, I think a valid argument can be made that its about the 4 best teams, and anyone who has watched the last 2 nole games objectively can see it is a much different team without Travis, that is a clear fact. So ya, they have had a nice season, congrats on winning conference, but are you one of the four best teams now? There is no way FSU would be favored to beat or compete with Bama, UGA, or Texas on a neutral field the way that offense looks.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's going to be a ton of disagreement over this Final Four. UGA or Texas is better than an FSU without its starting QB, but that undefeated record stands in the way, ironically with UF having a hand in it either way. They beat a bad Florida team but they struggled in the process.

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Idk, I think a valid argument can be made that its about the 4 best teams, and anyone who has watched the last 2 nole games objectively can see it is a much different team without Travis, that is a clear fact. So ya, they have had a nice season, congrats on winning conference, but are you one of the four best teams now? There is no way FSU would be favored to beat or compete with Bama, UGA, or Texas on a neutral field the way that offense looks.
Agreed. Whether it is relying on polls or a selection committee, the process of choosing who plays in the title game and/or choosing a champion has never been "fair." It is all a subjective process where head-to-head matchups matter . . . until they don't. (See 2000 season where Miami beat FSU, both ended up with 1 loss against great teams, and the Criminoles still ended up in the title game against the Sooners.). Where winning all of your games matter . . . until it doesn't. (See 1994 where Penn State went undefeated and was #1 in the polls at one point before being jumped by Nebraska. Penn State never had a chance). If the Semenholes get left out because of the obvious -- i.e., their signature win is over 3-loss LSU team, the ACC sucked this year, and they barely beat Clemson and Florida while they were down -- the committee will be doing college football fans a favor. Aside from last year, the vast majority of the playoff semifinal games have been blowouts. This Nulls team has no shot of winning and would get blown out.

If there were ever a year to keep out an undefeated power 5 conference champ in favor of a 1-loss champ that played a much harder schedule and is a better team overall at this point in the season, this would be the year. Because, with the playoffs expanding next year to 12 teams, the chances of it happening again are zero.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
It's gonna be mich, Washington, Bama and Texas. FSU is terrible without Travis and the committee knows it.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen had Michigan, Washington, fsu and Texas.

Joey Galloway had Michigan, Washington, Texas and Bama.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Mullen had Michigan, Washington, fsu and Texas.

Joey Galloway had Michigan, Washington, Texas and Bama.
I suspect some of the cartel who make the selections will want to fxxk the SEC because they can this year. I think SEC is out!

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Oddsmakers have Fsu and Texas making it currently. Like I figured, Fsu benefits from a playoff with no SEC teams. Plus they get the weaker opponent in the first round ( Washington), while the best 2 have to club it out. Fsu will try their best to knock Pennix out early with dirty hit.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
The only ranked teams FSU beat are LSU and Louisville. I can't see putting them into the playoffs over Bama.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Objectively, I don't know how you can put FSU, with its standout QB out and with that SOS, ahead of Bama. But there will be pressure to in order to follow form. The playoff needs to be expanded.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
If strength of schedule doesn’t matter, then no contender should risk non-conference matchups like Texas-Alabama. But it does or at least should matter.

F$u has an abysmal strength of schedule even after beating hapless 3-loss Louisville, which also has an abysmal strength of schedule. The ACC is barely P5. OUT

UGA had the easiest SEC schedule. It’s a 1-loss rebuilding year for them. OUT

OSU is actually the 5th most deserving, but lost their play-in game. Bama edges them by beating UGA. Texas edges them on strength of schedule. OUT

I’d pick:
1. Washington - toughest schedule of the undefeated teams
2. Michigan - Somebody please beat them!
3. Alabama - Just beat #1, 29-0 UGA, game #1 loss to Texas is better than Texas’ loss to OU and they are a much better team now.
4. Texas

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Objectively, I don't know how you can put FSU, with its standout QB out and with that SOS, ahead of Bama. But there will be pressure to in order to follow form. The playoff needs to be expanded.
The playoffs could and should have been expanded to 12 this year instead of 2024. The powers that be let certain lesser P5 commissioners influence pushing it to 24. So whether it’s screwing FSU, Texas, or Bama this year, the committee has no one to blame but themselves. A 12 team playoff would have been a ratings juggernaut this year and provided some great football viewing for the next six weeks. Bastards….

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator