Gator Basketball Todd Golden new Florida Men's Basketball Coach; hires Taurean Green

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
S

Show me a single recruiting battle he has won, just one and I'll see some hope. Not some BS about when he was an assistant. Seriously, he has to be one of the, if not the worst recruiters in the country on paper. You saying he should be a good recruiter is a joke going against Calipari, Pearl, Barnes, Williams, Musselman, Oats, hell, even White will kick the $hit out of this guy on the recruiting trail. Zero chance he can compete recruiting. We are going to be filled with Eastern European transfer players unless somehow he completely changes as a bottom level recruiter.
Lol. When at Auburn they were 36,16,12 ranked recruiting classes

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Golden can coach, but he's got 3 years experience?

UF deserves to attract a BBall HC with a heavy win record. Did we do that.? What is it about Golden that won't tarnish.?
1) How effective are his schemes, philosophy.?
2) Can he recruit the correct arsenal.? You know = an effective mix of deft & speedy ball handlers + "dead-eye" shooters + very tall well-coordinated inside bangers (Castleton types or better Kyontae Johnson types).
3) What does he emphasize at practices.? Does he promote BB IQ awareness.? How about stylized free-throw awareness = how it's crucial points & a miss is a TO.?
4) Is he an energized, enthusiastic teacher with an "in-focused" eye for when players are not getting it or do not consider learning it important.?
5) Will he install crisp & quick passing mindsets.?
6) Will his "time-outs" make relate well to what is "building" at that time.
7) Will he effectively contour referee treatment.?
8) Can he do the needed wonders with Jitiboh? Gaktek?
9) Can he keep White's 2023 best recruits at UF.? Can he bring-additional high-stars.? How far is his recruiring range.?
10) And for Pete's sake: Can Golden devise any "sure-fire" in inbounds pass plays.?
Let's Go Gators.! Let's go.!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
@Efawcett7: I’ll tell you this Gators fans. Todd Golden’s use of lineup data, 2-foul first half participation, 2-for-1s, intentional fouls in the 1-and-1, shot selection, fouling up 3, fouling up TWO, and other analytical concepts is going to be very different than what you’re used to seeing
Boy, this sounds like it's going to be exciting basketball! :suicide:

We should have just hired Lindsey Hunter.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Every positive or complimentary thing said about this guy who no ones ever heard of, is that he "could" be really good at x, "should" be better at y, "has the potential" to be solid at z.

You know what anyone without orange glasses thinks when they hear all that?

Bullsht. That's what.

Pure roll the dice and cross your fingers hire. Nothing about this dudes history says he will have us a contender. "Oh hes really sophisticated analytically." :nerd:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who knows if there was any better out there on the market to get?? I'll leave that to Lee and those guys!

Not mad, pissed, or disappointed. More like, meh, we'll lets see. But anyway, Mike White is gone and to UGAly.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
UF deserves to attract a BBall HC with a heavy win record. Did we do that.? What is it about Golden that won't tarnish.?
1) How effective are his schemes, philosophy.?
2) Can he recruit the correct arsenal.? You know = an effective mix of deft & speedy ball handlers + "dead-eye" shooters + very tall well-coordinated inside bangers (Castleton types or better Kyontae Johnson types).
3) What does he emphasize at practices.? Does he promote BB IQ awareness.? How about stylized free-throw awareness = how it's crucial points & a miss is a TO.?
4) Is he an energized, enthusiastic teacher with an "in-focused" eye for when players are not getting it or do not consider learning it important.?
5) Will he install crisp & quick passing mindsets.?
6) Will his "time-outs" make relate well to what is "building" at that time.
7) Will he effectively contour referee treatment.?
8) Can he do the needed wonders with Jitiboh? Gaktek?
9) Can he keep White's 2023 best recruits at UF.? Can he bring-additional high-stars.? How far is his recruiring range.?
10) And for Pete's sake: Can Golden devise any "sure-fire" in inbounds pass plays.?
Let's Go Gators.! Let's go.!
Rog, I'll settle for #10

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like to gamble, so I don't mind the hire. And I gotta admit, I never heard of the guy before today. Better than the option that thankfully went dwag. Or Bennett, or Pitino. Offense looks like it will be up tempo, so that will be a nice change.
The big test will be if Golden can keep the dwags recruits - if he can talk them into honoring their LOI, that will say something. Lot's of early PT to promise at this point as well, pending transfers from the portal.
The dwag was always pretty good at recruiting - everything else, not so much. It's a solid 3 man class if we can hang on to them all. Need to get a PG in the portal.
Florida 2022 Basketball Commits

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe he will turn out to be a good coach. Hell, maybe he's some kind of genius who figured out how to apply quantum mechanics to college BB

... and us fans will have to rely on the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle to view wins.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Its basketball. Give the lad 10 or 12 years to learn the game and win a conference and NCAA title. Its basketball, no one will notice. Except here.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Maybe he will turn out to be a good coach. Hell, maybe he's some kind of genius who figured out how to apply quantum mechanics to college BB and we'll change the name of the student section to the Quarks. But to say he should be a good recruiter when I seriously think he has never recruited a single ranked player is a joke. Am I missing something? I went back through 2019 on Rivals and San Francisco has a ranking of 0.0, not a single Rivals ranked player his entire coaching stint.

2019 Team Rankings
2020 Team Rankings
2021 Team Rankings
2022 Team Rankings
Yeah, quantum mechanics. So maybe a given shot could both score and not score simultaneously?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I like to gamble, so I don't mind the hire. And I gotta admit, I never heard of the guy before today. Better than the option that thankfully went dwag. Or Bennett, or Pitino. Offense looks like it will be up tempo, so that will be a nice change.
The big test will be if Golden can keep the dwags recruits - if he can talk them into honoring their LOI, that will say something. Lot's of early PT to promise at this point as well, pending transfers from the portal.
The dwag was always pretty good at recruiting - everything else, not so much. It's a solid 3 man class if we can hang on to them all. Need to get a PG in the portal.
Florida 2022 Basketball Commits
They gone. But don't worry, he will bring in many industrious comrades from the eastern bloc to join whoever is left after the exodus of our current roster.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Give the lad 10 or 12 years
ten-years.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online