Gator Basketball Todd Golden new Florida Men's Basketball Coach; hires Taurean Green

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I’ll take “why do people hate J. Foley for 100 Alex?”

This answer was posted on twitter bout an hour ago by none other than Swamp Donk Law 98
because he is a lying slumlord piece of shtt.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Foley retired, so WTF is he doing on campus every day?
Just theory but I think his inflated ego had him believing that after he retired he had a shot at joining the SEC Front office, they could smell the stink from Alabama so now he has nothing to do except drain money from the Gators budget.
So

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I can't even bring myself to copy the picture of Fooley telling Golden Shower that Fooley is the reason he is the new coach at UF. Not only did Fooley think he was going to work for the SEC, he was convinced that he was going to be the Commish. But as someone mentioned there was no way the SEC brain trust was going to hire that A$$HOLE for anything, including cleaning the toilets at the SEC Headquarters. So Fooley decided that he better stay where there is still a few people who think they matter who somehow believe Fooley walks on water. Fooley is an A$$HOLE and is the sole reason UF is completely irrelevant in the only 2 sports that bring in any revenue. The Admin is so blind and so STOOPID that they keep allowing FOOLEY to steal money from them.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Foley retired, so WTF is he doing on campus every day?

office-space-paycheck.gif

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Just listened to T.G.s presser and came away impressed. Seems like a really sharp guy.
When asked what improvements he needs to make on this years team number one was shoot the ball better said 30 percent from the floor isn’t good enough.
Second on his list was defensive rebounding, had to get better there.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Just listened to T.G.s presser and came away impressed. Seems like a really sharp guy.
When asked what improvements he needs to make on this years team number one was shoot the ball better said 30 percent from the floor isn’t good enough.
Second on his list was defensive rebounding, had to get better there.
while i didnt see his presser, i dont think it takes a D1 coach to come to that assessment for areas to improve. I could have rattled those off and ive barely watched a full game in total the last few seasons, matter of fact i can list a few more.

off ball movement doesn't just need to improve, it needs to EXIST.
passing and use of screens and motion - again, it hardly existed in mr dribble the air out of the ball's offense.

i hope he does well, but demonstrating a completely baseline understanding of our issues doesn't move the needle for me. at all.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
while i didnt see his presser, i dont think it takes a D1 coach to come to that assessment for areas to improve. I could have rattled those off and ive barely watched a full game in total the last few seasons, matter of fact i can list a few more.

off ball movement doesn't just need to improve, it needs to EXIST.
passing and use of screens and motion - again, it hardly existed in mr dribble the air out of the ball's offense.

i hope he does well, but demonstrating a completely baseline understanding of our issues doesn't move the needle for me. at all.
He mentions much more including screens and passing , my assessment was more me having a base knowledge of basketball not the new coach.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I'm glad they chatted with Billy D about the job. I'm sure he told them what to look for. I love that Todd chatted with Billy as well. And, Billy and Todd both were in the corporate world first...hmmmm

But, he's holding the mic like he's on star search.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like @lagator was correct, we're going to be the Euroversity of Florida. If that's the case, this will likely lead to more player turnover and a few years to build the kind of program he's talking about. At this point he better surprise me with his coaching - I'll give him 5 games like @NoFriends.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think he's wearing a holdover tie from his days at the Barn.
:doh:

Can we just be grateful they didn't allow a slight breeze to knock him over during the presser? It's a given he'll be shopping for new skinny-suits and ties this weekend.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It is probably good the majority of this years team won;t be back. Most them look and are probably older than Golden Shower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator