Gator Basketball Todd Golden new Florida Men's Basketball Coach; hires Taurean Green

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I virtually guarantee he was not retained and they worked out a deal.

Agreed

He’s very well liked inside the program and Scottie waited for a few days so White could land softly. That’s what happens to really nice people.
This seems to be a win for all three parties at this point.

Now the hard part, trusting Stricklin to get the right coach in here. Time to earn the seven figure salary.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
aTm doesn't get in :bwahaha:. Love it, they win 7 games in a row, roll over number 1 and 4 SECT seeds to get to the final, and then watch the reveal thinking "this next one must be our bracket". Fuk Jimbo and anything associated with him.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder what the Dwags are thinking?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
True but think about how letting him go to another SEC team, and a hated rival at that, shows how desperate we were to be rid of him. UGA may think twice now since we are all so happy to see him go there! :)
I'm not that happy about him landing at the dwags. I'm damn glad to be rid of him but always felt like he was more snake-bit than just a ****tty coach. He seems to run a good camp before the season starts and gets the team ready for a hot start. But he is terrible at getting his players to stay together when the tough losses start. They never seem willing to go to war for him as the season goes on and it usually feels like they are on the verge of mutiny by the final 3rd of the season then do just enough to get in the tournament.

I have always fully expected he would continue to screw us by somehow becoming a winner as soon as we cut him loose, and now he's going to be in the SEC at a major rival making that outcome very possible.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
6 SEC teams made the tournament. Florida wasn't one of them.

Becoming a Dwag couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. So happy for him and his family that they won't be harassed by expectations anymore... He and his .625 win percentage will be forever happy there. Hopefully, in a couple of years, he can reproduce the mediocrity that he achieved here at Florida.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I'm not that happy about him landing at the dwags. I'm damn glad to be rid of him but always felt like he was more snake-bit than just a ****tty coach. He seems to run a good camp before the season starts and gets the team ready for a hot start. But he is terrible at getting his players to stay together when the tough losses start. They never seem willing to go to war for him as the season goes on and it usually feels like they are on the verge of mutiny by the final 3rd of the season then do just enough to get in the tournament.
Very accurate description of his seasons year after year.

I imagine they'll steal a few games from us as revenge for their coach,
but other than that, the mediocrity will continue for White and co.

Bye Bye Whitey.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@UGAAthletics: Exciting day in Athens!

Join us in welcoming Mike White as the new head coach of Georgia Basketball.

#GoDawgs

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
giphy.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I would rather White be out of sight and out of mind. Except stomping UGa will be better with them depending on White.
I hope all of UGa's statistics get worse. Hope they rim-clang their shots per White's training.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
This was the best news all day!

We get rid of ****tty coach and further weaken a hated rival, who's paying us money for what we would have done anyway.

Love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator